6 Months And Still No Refund!!!
2321 17 2016-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

I've been biting my tongue about this for a long time now and it's finally time to go public with the status of my DJI refund.

I had major issues when attempting to purchase my P3A in December through the DJI website.  I kept getting error messages when attempting to complete the purchase.  Here is my timeline.

On December 10, 2015 I attempted to order a P3A with the free hard case and I also ordered an extra battery.  I got an error message.  Total fee was $1,148
Later that night I tried to just get the P3A with free hard case because I thought there may be a $1,000 daily limit on my card.  Total fee was $999 and I got an error message so I gave up trying to purchase.  Again I tried on 12/12 but got another error message!

On December 16, 2015 I tried for the P3A with free hard case again for $999.  Much to my surprise, this order finally went through.

On about December 20, 2015 I received a P3A with battery and hard case and extra battery.  I was very excited to try it out but for whatever reason, the firmware would never upload.  It was the holiday season so my time was limited but I did call support for guidance but I didn't have much time to get it working which it never did.  On December 24, 2015 I received ANOTHER P3A with hard case and I was shocked because even though I tried multiple times to order my bird, there was only one instance when I didn't receive any error message when attempting the transcation.  Luckily, that bird worked but I still had the original 4 day old bird that never worked.

At this point I looked at my bank account and saw the following charges from DJI.

12/10/15  $1,148 DJI
12/10/15  $999 DJI
12/12/15  $999 DJI
12/16/15  $999 DJI  (Refunded)

Somehow 2 of the transcations that I got error messages on went through so I got charged for 3 birdseven though I only wanted one.  Two birds from December 10 and one bird from December 12.  I don't know how or why, but one of the $999 transactions got refunded before it even was shipped to me. At this point I got charged for 3 birds, but one order was refunded before being shipped.  That left me with one working bird and one broken bird at the end of December even though I only wanted to purchase one bird.

After the holidays I contacted DJI with my issues and was given an RMA# to get a full refund on the broken bird.  DJI received the broken bird and hard case with my RMA# towards the end of January and I was expecting a full refund in a few days.  I waited a few weeks and didn't hear back so I contacted them.  I was told that there were delays due to the busy holiday season and because of Chinese New Year.  I gave them the benefit of the doubt but I never heard back from them so I would check in every few weeks.  The customer service rep would look  always tell me they didn't understand why I didn't get a refund yet but that they would follow up with one of their higher ups and get back to me.  No one would ever get back to me.

Over the course of the next few weeks I would contact them for my refund.  A few days after an April phone call I noticed a $129.99 refund in my bank account and it was from DJI.  I was expecting a $999 refund because I returned my brand new P3A and hard case that I was never able to use due to issues with the bird.  I was excited to finally see a refund but I don't know where this $129.99 figure came from.  I should be getting an additional $869.34 I called DJI after I noticed the refund and again was told they would look into it and get back to me.

Here it is now, August 1 and I still have only received $129.66 of my $999 refund.  I call DJI every few weeks to followup and I get the same response that they are looking into it and that my issue is now being looked at by people above their heads.  This is beyond pathetic at this point and there really is no excuse why it has taken so long just to get a refund.  I've refrained from posting this publically for a long time but I just called DJI again and received the same response from them, that they are looking into it.  Give me a break already and just give me what I deserve, the rest of my refund!!!

2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry, what is your order# and RMA number and i will forward this on.
2016-8-1
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-1 18:09
I'm sorry, what is your order# and RMA number and i will forward this on.

I don't know if those are things I should make public.
2016-8-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-8-2 08:17

Why not, you have told us your life story in the opening post. And that information is not sensitive in any event. DJI-Ken is trying to help you.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your frustration. Your order number and RMA number are necessary for us to track this case. Thanks for your understanding.
2016-8-1
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-1 22:11
Sorry for your frustration. Your order number and RMA number are necessary for us to track this case ...

Is there a way to send the requested info privately?
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-8-2 06:17

Then start a ticket with online support (if you don't have one already) and in the ticket say that I am assisting you and when someone looks at the ticket they will notify me.
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-8-2 10:56
Is there a way to send the requested info privately?

Don't worry. Leaving RMA number won't do harm to your privacy.
2016-8-2
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-2 04:39
Don't worry. Leaving RMA number won't do harm to your privacy.

rma  1223201543526235907
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-8-9 09:44
rma  1223201543526235907

Thanks. We'll look into your case.
2016-8-8
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

I still have not received an email, phone call or a refund.  I am beyond pissed off at this point!!
2016-8-28
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

See what I mean about the service I'm getting!?  You guys asked for my RMA and I gave it to you here 4 weeks ago.  There has been no followup phone call, no followup email or anything besides DJI-Paladin thanking me for giving my RMA number.  It's been about SEVEN MONTHS since I returned my unit and I am still owed a refund of around $870!  Yes, that reads EIGHT HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS!!!  Where the hell is my refund!?  I am sick and tried of getting the runaround on this forum, on the phone and by email.  I keep getting stonewalled with the "we are going to look into the matter and get back to you" nonsense but no one ever gets back to me despite what method I use to contact DJI.  
2016-9-4
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

Still no answer.  Thanks for nothing!
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-9-27 00:03
Still no answer.  Thanks for nothing!

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Our support team had sent follow up on 8/10.
I'll help to double check and bring this to the attention of our support team.
2016-9-26
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-27 03:50
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Our support team had sent follow up on 8/10.
I'll help ...

I received an email from a DJI rep named Marshall on September 30 2016.  He said he was able to consult with HQ in China and that my refund would be completed within the next two days.  It is now October 10 and I still have not received my full refund.  I even sent Marshall a followup email on October 7 and still have not heard back from that one either.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

longislandcampe Posted at 2016-10-11 01:53
I received an email from a DJI rep named Marshall on September 30 2016.  He said he was able to co ...

I'll help to check with HQ support.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2016-10-10
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

DJI rep Marshall contacted me on September 30 apologizing for the delay and he said that he was finally able to resolve my issue and that I would receive my refund within the next few days.  This was TWO DAMN WEEKS AGO AND I STILL DON'T HAVE MY REFUND!!  Stop giving me the damn runaround and process my refund already!
2016-10-14
Use props
longislandcampe
lvl.2

United States

Wow, I woke up with an email from DJI this morning saying my refund was finally processed and that I should have my money within a few days.  Without any expectations, I logged into my paypal account and was pleasantly surprised to see a refund from DJI for the exact amount owed processed this morning!  My nightmare is finally over and it only took 8 months to complete.

Thank you to those who helped.
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules