Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Image Transmission and other Issues
2159 13 2016-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smartcar8
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, I have a Phantom 4 and a Nvidia Shield tablet. I have recently developed several problems while flying relating to image transmission. Specifically I am getting green bars, grey screen, and temporary loss of image. These problems have just started recently and before they started I was having good image transmission.

In addition I have on several occasions I have received the message that Image Transmission has been lost and I should activate return to home. On another occasion the communication between the controller and the Phantom was lost. I was able to restart the app as the Phantom hovered and was able to regain control. All of these issues have just started after a recent firmware update and I suspect there is some issue with the update and or the controller update.

Can anyone advise what steps I should take to remedy the issues. Is it possible to delete the firmware in the Phantom and the controller and re-install? Do the issues I am having suggest any other causes? Could it possibly be a hardware issue?

Thanks for any advice!

2016-8-12
Use props
Dr AJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

have to tried to relink the RC to the aircraft?
2016-8-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I was going to start a similar thread, but I saw yours, so I will add my findings:

I have been complaining about P4 video transmission issues for the last 2 weeks.  And of course I complained back with app version 2.8.2.

Some (including myself) thought it was my iphone 6 plus, which I upgraded from an iphone 5 for the same video issue back in May.

I just performed the following test and I hope my finding help DJI correct this:

I placed the P4 outside under the hot sun with the battery at 95%.  I kept the RC/iphone 6 p inside an air conditioned room.

When the battery got to about 89% I was getting video transmission issues. I moved the P4 to maintain it in the sun, and at that point I received a Vision Sensor error and error 40000.  I thought it may have been because I manually moved it and I may have obstructed the vision sensors.  Please let me know what error 40000 is?
I kept it there and the video got worse. I will post videos later, but I used an old camera, because I do not have video recording on my iphone other than litchi, but I wanted to use the DJI-go app.

I then switched between dji-go an litchi to see if the app has any affect; the answer is no, both apps had very bad video now.

I then moved the P4 inside an air conditioned room and after a few minutes, the video improved.  Eventually, it was back to normal.

I kept the P4 inside and I then took the RC and my iphone 6 p outside in the hot sun.  The video stayed good, even though my iphone 6 p gave up, and I got a  warning, that the Temperatre was too high.

This test is telling me that the video transmission issue, which started after the last firmware update is pointing to the P4.

I also undertand that usually software is not affected by heat; but, from my experience as a hardware/software engineer, software can cause the hardware to operate hotter, or not as efficient, or affect the performance under adverse envronmenetal conditions.

2016-8-12
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

so what was your operating temperature, or even the temp out side?
2016-8-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-12 16:23
so what was your operating temperature, or even the temp out side?

It's 88 degrees.

I did not fly the P4, so I do not think I can get the internal temperature?  
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are having an issue, What area are you flying in? Do you have the antenna orientation optimal?
Have you tried a different device?
Does it do it immediately or after several minutes?
If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps including different device and USB cable then you may want to contact support and have it sent if for warranty repair.
And if it's also losing RC control then there probably is an issue as you would rarely lose RC control and you would have total video loss due to range way before you would lose RC signal.

You can plug into the Assistant2 program and do a factory reset and see if it fixes it. If not then you can downgrade the firmware to see if it's resolved.
2016-8-12
Use props
gsxr07boy
lvl.2

United States

I have the same problem when i use my nvidia shield or Galaxy tab s2 and also my galaxy s7 I get the green lines and video glitches. But when I use my iPad Pro it is 100% percent video quality at all times so it has to be something with Android devices that causes these problems.
2016-8-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I use iphone 6 plus.

Here is the screen shot of video under hot conditions:

And here s the video when I brought the P4 inside an air conditioned room:

Sorry about the video quality; I used an old camera!

2016-8-12
Use props
ngeorge1157
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5955167 ft

I am having the same type of problems with my new P4 !!!!
Updated.......
Just had my best set of flights with the new P4...did not try to fly too far as I am a little " gun shy" , flew 2000ft away with No video problems !!!!
Will test again once I re charge ...
Here's what I did , I reloaded the software, and when I flew I closed everything but the DJI app.... I use an IPad mini 2
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello smartcar8, I'd suggest you to try with these devices and fly in an open area if it is convenient. 兼容列表.JPG
2016-8-12
Use props
smartcar8
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-12 18:03
I'm sorry you are having an issue, What area are you flying in? Do you have the antenna orientation  ...

I am travelling so I have been flying in different areas, usually open, rural areas. I'm not able to use a different tablet as the Shield is the only one I have. The glitches start as soon as I take off, it might be OK for a few a minute or so then the image drops then resumes. Usually once every flight the image freezes, changes to B&W and I get the message transmission lost. It doesn't seem to be distance related necessarily, as it can happen when the Phantom is close by or when it is some distance away. I believe I have the antennae in the right position for flight.
2016-8-13
Use props
smartcar8
lvl.1

Canada

smartcar8@gmail Posted at 2016-8-13 10:28
I am travelling so I have been flying in different areas, usually open, rural areas. I'm not able  ...

Should mention the footage on the SD card is fine - it's just the tablet image that is the problem
2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

smartcar8@gmail Posted at 2016-8-13 21:28
I am travelling so I have been flying in different areas, usually open, rural areas. I'm not able  ...

Here is the video on antenna orientation, see if it helps.
And you need to try a different device and USB cable before we can rule out those.
Have you tried your cell phone yet?

2016-8-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Should we be concerned to fly the P4 during hot temperature days, or when we are starting to have streaming video issues like mentioned above?

I am not sure if related, but I also just noticed that one of my batteries has a crack now.
2016-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules