Is GOPRO hero 4 compatible with zenmuse h3 - 3d gimbal?
32857 31 2014-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aron
New

Norway

Hi,
i am wondering if the new gopro hero 4 will be compatible with zenmuse h3-3d gimbal on a phantom 2?
2014-9-30
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

yes it is.
google phiilip Bloom
2014-9-30
Use props
Jarret
New

United States

It is absolutley not compatible. I have the Phantom 2 with gimbal and just upgraded to the hero 4. Now my FPV does not work at all.  So I have to return my Gopro.
2014-10-20
Use props
MaxisDrone
lvl.1

United States

I guess it depends on what version of h3-3d gimbal you have, but until I get a complete authorization from Dji themselves I would wait on purchasing the hero 4 unless ur using it by other means than the Phantom
That's my take on the subject so far be safe than sorry
Hope Dji can release a official statement on this as many of their costumes are jumping the gun voiding out warranties and so forth by damaging or Dreamliner their gimbals some Not having to do this
2014-10-20
Use props
knichefilms
lvl.1

United States

Hero 4 Black works on the latest H3-3D Non-phantom model.  BUT!  You have to use a grinder to grind part of the holder as the Hero 4 has had the wifi button replaced with a settings button that is depressed without this mod.  I'm trying to acquire a Silver to test.  I'll keep you posted.
2014-10-22
Use props
pietrekpong
New

Poland

It works really well but only with the original ribbon cable. The back connector replacement doesn't work with Hero4 unfortunately ;(
2014-10-27
Use props
Xibel
New

Netherlands

Mine is working perfectly. I also did not grind any metal from the gimbal but just used this solution: http://youtu.be/l1eYGMlNNGs
2014-11-9
Use props
CineAir
lvl.2

Australia

Still no word from DJI on whether we can use the GoPro 4 on the H3-3D?!?! There support is extremely slow. I expected an official announcement on compatibility weeks ago. Really disappointing customer support as always from DJI.
2014-11-10
Use props
Anzek03
lvl.1

Croatia

CineAir Posted at 2014-11-11 10:34
Still no word from DJI on whether we can use the GoPro 4 on the H3-3D?!?! There support is extremely ...

They really just don`t care for their customers!!! I also ask tham when we can expect something new about this issue (firmware update/new model), and nothing.

But their competition being more and more successful, more people will left the DJI just because of the customer support!!!
2014-11-11
Use props
CineAir
lvl.2

Australia

Hmm and now my comment has been deleted by DJI. Time to buy elsewhere I think :@
2014-11-11
Use props
CineAir
lvl.2

Australia

Bump. Any news on this?????
2014-11-13
Use props
ems1016
New

United States

CineAir Posted at 2014-11-14 11:18
Bump. Any news on this?????

Yes. I have the combination and it works flawlessly. See thread above:

gopro hero 4 on h3-3d

And absolutely NO NEED to grind any gimbal. Maybe just add a little piece of tape is all:
http://youtu.be/l1eYGMlNNGs

Eddie
2014-11-17
Use props
torsir
lvl.3
Flight distance : 438816 ft
  • >>>
Norway

ems1016 Posted at 2014-11-18 13:06
Yes. I have the combination and it works flawlessly. See thread above:

gopro hero 4 on h3-3d

Confirmed

2014-11-18
Use props
mark
New

United Kingdom

It's great to see that the Hero 4 Black can be connected to the later gimbal (with the side USB connector), either with a cheeky grind, or the addition of a bit of padding.  Has anyone confirmed yet that the 4 Silver also works, with full FPV?
2014-11-18
Use props
mark
New

United Kingdom

I thought I'd post a POSITIVE update here..... I decided to take a gambol and can confirm that the GoPro hero 4 SILVER (with LCD on the back) works fine with the later V1.1 gimbal   I took the plunge and bought a new gimbal last week.  I fitted it to me F450 and used the slither of foam tape to give a slight space between the frame & side of camera... hey presto, everything is working perfectly!
FPV via the ImmersionRC transmitter is perfect and the gimbal is actually very well balanced.  When switched off, it balances nicely (i.e. it doesn't just flop one way!) and stabilises perfectly in flight.
There's now plenty of evidence to say that with just a bit of foam tape on the side of the gimbal (as shown in the link above), that both Hero 4 cameras will work with the V1.1 gimbal, hurrah!  So glad I took the plunge!!
2014-11-24
Use props
nickaizzy
New

United States

knichefilms Posted at 2014-10-23 01:01
Hero 4 Black works on the latest H3-3D Non-phantom model.  BUT!  You have to use a grinder to grind  ...

There is an easier work around than grinding it down.

I have found a work around in which I stick a penny (or something of equal thickness) into the lower left corner of the gimble before I stick my GoPro 4 in it.  That way it pops the GoPro out a bit and gives the new settings button on the side a bit of space so the gimble does not constantly press it.

And yes, the GoPro 4 works with the latest ZenMuse H3-3D Gimbal.  Atleast mine does.  Although I am having an issue where I cannot shoot in 4k....
2014-11-27
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
South Korea

yes u can but go pro 4 is a bit heavier than go pro 3 +
2014-11-27
Use props
colonelr2
New

Ukraine

I've just asked EU support about a compatibility between H3-3D and GoPro 4 Silver and got the such answer:
---
Support5.Europe (DJI)
Nov 28 21:10

Hello,

The H3-3D does not support the GoPro hero 4 series. Sorry for the inconvenience.
---
So now I completely don't know, what I should to do: buy GoPro Hero 3+ Black or GoPro Hero 4 Silver.
Could anyone advice, is there any H3-3D version for Phantom II, which supports GoPro Hero 4 Silver and FPV transmission?

Thanks.
2014-11-28
Use props
Anzek03
lvl.1

Croatia

OK,... They are really making fools of us!
The answer from DJI Support Europe, that they send it to me was next:

Dear Sir,
         H3-3D can match gopro 4.

Best regards,
DJI Sales Dept.

I don't know what to do now! I have a new F550 and I just ordered new H3-3D. Should I cancle the order?
2014-11-29
Use props
mark
New

United Kingdom

It seems that DJI aren't exactly ontop of the Hero 4 (Black or Silver) and I can understand that they're not keen to endorse any workarounds.

As I've noted above (and others have said), the Hero 4 (both versions), does indeed work without issue on the H3-3D gimbal PROVIDING it's the V1.1.  This is the latest version that has the USB side connection to the camera, NOT the earlier version which uses the long port on the back plate.

A bit of sticky foam gently spaces the camera away from the gimbal so as not to interfere with the settings button on the side of the Hero 4 and while the camera is a bit heavier than a Hero 3, the gimbal stays nicely balanced when powered off and works a treat in the air

For me after the disappointment of a Hero 3, the new Hero 4 Silver (with the touch screen on the back) is a MUCH better product.  I'm very pleased to be able to use the new camera with the gimbal!
2014-12-1
Use props
flyglide
New

Thailand

For those who stick some "coin" on the motor housing for balancing the gimbal with GoPro 4. Don't do this! The metal housing is for heat dissipation! Put the coin somewhere else on the left site.
It seems that there are different V1.1 gimbals out there. My camera is totally unbalanced not only roll but also tilt!

I am disappointed from the customer support of DJI and yes I am another customer who will change product.
2015-1-3
Use props
disco4wd
lvl.1

Australia

colonelr2 Posted at 2014-11-28 22:04
I've just asked EU support about a compatibility between H3-3D and GoPro 4 Silver and got the such a ...

I would'nt rely on anything dji says... none of them really seem to know whats going on.
2015-1-5
Use props
imlooking4it
New

United States

flyglide@me.com Posted at 2015-1-4 15:00
For those who stick some "coin" on the motor housing for balancing the gimbal with GoPro 4. Don't do ...

Before using the coin trick, try removing the gopro battery. its not needed as power is supplied to the mini usb port. Try it. it works.
2015-1-7
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

My experience has been that the Hero 4 Black works fine with the Phantom2 and H3-3D setup. I have 2 Phantom 2's set up this exact way both with the H3-3D and Hero 4 Black camera. HOWEVER: There are a couple things to consider as the Hero 4 is slightly heavier than the Hero 3+. I've used simple U.S. dimes with double sided tape to counter this. I always fly with either a protective lens or an ND filter so that's even more weight to the right side. I use 4 dimes on the left arm of the gimbal and 2 U.S. nickels on the back of the plate where the camera mounts. In addition to the extra Hero 4 and filter weight the nickels compensate for the weight of the lens cover or ND filter. Without the nickels the camera would want to slightly tilt forward.  (See attached picture) I was too afraid of burning out my motors so I felt I had to do this. With the extra weight double taped together you can set the coins in place and see that's it balances perfectly when not powered on. Absolutely NO motor hum or stress what so ever when powered on and running. I've had one of these systems "adjusted" like this for over 3 months. Over 150 flights (in warm and cold climates) and the gimbal still performs as perfect as the day I got it. That said my other Phantom 2/HD-3D system works fine now also after replacing the factory defective gimbal.

Yep... this is kind of a half-ass way to do things. But the truth is the H3-3D WAS NOT made for the Hero 4 no matter who says what. It was made for the exact wieght of the Hero 3+ with no ND or lens protecton filter. Period. Why DJI didn't get a jump on this....is beyond me. So I could sit around pissed and wondering why (which won't change a thing) or I could "fix" the slight wieght difference and start flying and filming. I don't regret a thing.

Here's an example of work with the Hero 4 Black balanced like this on the H3-3D:

IMG_3104.JPG
2015-1-7
Use props
robertdreeszen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11150600 ft
  • >>>

`I am having problems with a H3-3D/IOSDII Naza V2  using a GP4S. I posted a question on the gimbal thread but disagree about DJI not knowing whats going on.  They know exactly what is going on. Why should they incur expense for product test when they have fools like me willing to pay full retail to do product test.
2015-1-10
Use props
myron.email
lvl.4

Philippines

Xibel Posted at 2014-11-10 01:03
Mine is working perfectly. I also did not grind any metal from the gimbal but just used this solutio ...

hahahahahaha nice trick
2015-1-25
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

So I got everything to work. But when I turn on my phantom for FPV all that shows is the iosd information on the screen! the silver is on but I still get a black screen. Ugh so frustrating!
2015-2-21
Use props
jksore
lvl.1

Norway

Im also using the latest verson H3-D3 and the GoPro Hero 4 SILVER.
Have used it about a month now, and it works perfect.

No need to grind the metal at all. It is very stable through flight.
2015-2-22
Use props
bul13bul13
New

Ukraine

I bought a couple of days ago dji phantom 2 v2 with zenmuse h3-3d, and I have a hero 4 black, the camera comes back with no problems ... somebody can explain why on the forum offered to glue adhesive tape there?and please tell me how to use the hero 4 c Phantom in flight? Do I need to do additional hardware or can I get a picture online application go pro in the iPhone?
2015-2-23
Use props
bul13bul13
New

Ukraine

I meant can I get the video online without any additional hardware?
2015-2-23
Use props
fansbbbbacec
lvl.1
United States

Is Go Pro4 comparable with the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal
2016-12-17
Use props
fans86368c91
lvl.4

Australia

fansbbbbacec Posted at 2016-12-18 03:25
Is Go Pro4 comparable with the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal

Yes it is, the gimbal was made for the Hero 4 Black, see here http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/H4-3D

* doghunter *
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules