Shaking and kicking
1156 8 2016-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi guys, after some flights and some other issues...this is happenning frequently...
When flying i see that camera gymbal kicks ...it not smooth! Even doing some foward and up movements, slowly and with no wind, sometimes the camera kicks and move a little...it's terrible when you get that perfect frame, than start recording and suddenly it kicks, ruining your shot!
Is that normal issue with phantom 4?
I'm not flying too high and not even too far (around 500 meters lenght and 75 up)
Something i'm missing?
Cheers!
2016-10-29
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm seeing that too.  I mostly only see it when I do a liftoff shot, starting with the camera more horizontal, then as I lift off I gimbal the camera down.  This happens about 30% of the time... the camera will just "bump" once, as if someone just tapped the lens.  As I said, this is most apparent to me when I am doing the liftoff, but I've also seen it other times, usually when doing a vertical gimbal move.
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Maka, may I know how long you have used the aircraft? you notice the camera gimbal kicks after a hard landing?
You have done the calibration, but it still happens frequently?
Would you please upload an original video to dorpbox and provide us a link for further evaluation?
2016-10-29
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, What is your gimbal mode set to?
2016-10-29
Use props
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-30 15:04
Hi Maka, may I know how long you have used the aircraft? you notice the camera gimbal kicks after a  ...

Hi Natalia,
I had a hard landing twice, but don't thing this affected the gymbal.
First i thought it was because of the windy conditions, but it happens a lot, even with no wind at all...
When i'm moving (flying) foward, gymbal frequently bumps and kick vertically, ruinning my shot. It can't keep a smooth movement. It also happens when lifting up fast.
Anyway, i'm flying for 60 days almost everyday as i'm travelling around amazon. I didn't reaize this during my first flights...
I can't send you a video right now as my connection is restricted, but as soon as i get to my town, next week, will upload it.
Meanwhile, is there anything i could do? Reset, software issue...?!?
I'm really upset as i got this P4 for this particular job and i'm having a lot of problems (video transmission freezes, after 500m week signal also, now this bump issues...)
I thought it'd be lot better than my old Phantom 2, but not as i wish it would...
My P4 is relatively new. Got it for this job!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Yes, i already did a gymbal calibration, but no change at all...
Thks!
2016-10-30
Use props
maka
lvl.1
Brazil

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-30 15:24
Hi, What is your gimbal mode set to?

Gimbal is set to follow at dji go.
I did not change any config since got the P4. Just realized it's frequently showing that bump/kicking issues vertically.
Flying foward at around 50m high,  slowly, it kicks sometimes. Can't get a clear shot!
Any sofware issue? Some reset would help?
Thks.
2016-10-30
Use props
Noyag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 857946 ft
Netherlands

Hi Maka,
Maybe check this video, where I have A LOT of camera glitches. This is very inconsistent. Sometimes I have this, sometimes I don't.

Tell me if your problems are the same/similar.
2016-10-30
Use props
plasrobin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Noyag Posted at 2016-10-30 16:31
Hi Maka,
Maybe check this video, where I have A LOT of camera glitches. This is very inconsistent. S ...

Looks a bit like this post : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2016-10-30
Use props
bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

maka Posted at 2016-10-30 11:30
Gimbal is set to follow at dji go.
I did not change any config since got the P4. Just realized it' ...

This happend to me in my first flight. But I found right away what the problem was. I installed a ND Lens.  Even I was thinking it was very light, actually was more weight that the gimbal can handle. Plus in the place I was flying was very windy. I replaced the lens and problem solve. Now I use Polar Pro Cinema lens that screw on the camera and are very light for the gimbal.
2016-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules