delay in transmission of images
3306 21 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulofthenauth
lvl.1

Australia

Been getting this problem irregularly lately on my Phantom 4. Getting a delay of up to 10 seconds on the video feed to my device (android smartphone) making it scary if not impossible to navigate outside line of sight. Have double checked everything, replaced cable, got rid of cache on device. A couple of times no image at all - just a black screen with the usual telemetry around the edges. Doesn't do this all the time but doesn't inspire confidence. Responds to controller okay just no real time vision. Any clues? I have not found anyone else with this problem.
2016-12-3
Use props
fans4e93ccd9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

i was getting lag untill i lower my video from 4k to 1080
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and the current firmware version of RC and aircraft?
Did you install both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 on your mobile?
If convenient, please record a short video of transmission issue.
2016-12-4
Use props
Tracker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263419 ft
Indonesia

Please try set up your HD and put manual mode. select any channel.
this method will not solve to your problem, but the transmission video will better.
2016-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans4e93ccd9 Posted at 2016-12-4 16:03
i was getting lag untill i lower my video from 4k to 1080

That will not have any effect, as the feed sent to the RC unit is a separate 720p down-scaled feed. Lowering the bit transmission rate will however help, but mostly it is to do with the processing power of the phone or tablet. If it has hardware decoding, then try switching that on.

2016-12-4
Use props
paulofthenauth
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 23:25
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and the current firmware version of RC and ...

Hi Mindy, thanks for your quick reply. My mobile device is a Panasonic Lumix DMC L1 running Android 5. I have been using this device since I bought the P4 back in July with no problems until recently. I have not installed DJI GO 4. I am using App 3.1.0 Version 01.02.0503 and RC is 1.6.0. My default video setting is 4K 3840x2160, 1 down from highest setting. I have cleared the cache, turned off recording to device, tried different cables, put the device in airplane mode to avoid any internet interference. I have attached a brief video as requested taken this morning. I didn't fly it, just moved it around by hand and no problems. If it is going to be problematic it happens on start-up before flying and this is my testing method. You will notice some odd colours and lines appear on the video. These do not get recorded to the card, only the device and has been doing this since I bought it. Hope you can come up with some ideas.
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

paulofthenauth Posted at 2016-12-5 12:42
Hi Mindy, thanks for your quick reply. My mobile device is a Panasonic Lumix DMC L1 running Android 5. I have been using this device since I bought the P4 back in July with no problems until recently. I have not installed DJI GO 4. I am using App 3.1.0 Version 01.02.0503 and RC is 1.6.0. My default video setting is 4K 3840x2160, 1 down from highest setting. I have cleared the cache, turned off recording to device, tried different cables, put the device in airplane mode to avoid any internet interference. I have attached a brief video as requested taken this morning. I didn't fly it, just moved it around by hand and no problems. If it is going to be problematic it happens on start-up before flying and this is my testing method. You will notice some odd colours and lines appear on the video. These do not get recorded to the card, only the device and has been doing this since I bought it. Hope you can come up with some ideas.Paul Curtis P4 test for Mindy

Hi, since your mobile device is not in our recommended list. It might be incompatible.
Could you please change anther mobile device such as IOS device to test it?
2016-12-5
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

paulofthenauth Posted at 2016-12-5 12:42
Hi Mindy, thanks for your quick reply. My mobile device is a Panasonic Lumix DMC L1 running Android 5. I have been using this device since I bought the P4 back in July with no problems until recently. I have not installed DJI GO 4. I am using App 3.1.0 Version 01.02.0503 and RC is 1.6.0. My default video setting is 4K 3840x2160, 1 down from highest setting. I have cleared the cache, turned off recording to device, tried different cables, put the device in airplane mode to avoid any internet interference. I have attached a brief video as requested taken this morning. I didn't fly it, just moved it around by hand and no problems. If it is going to be problematic it happens on start-up before flying and this is my testing method. You will notice some odd colours and lines appear on the video. These do not get recorded to the card, only the device and has been doing this since I bought it. Hope you can come up with some ideas.Paul Curtis P4 test for Mindy

As said above the device may not be compatible,the DJI go app requires a lot of grunt to operate, it is a device problem, you mentioned that the SD card footage is fine.
2016-12-5
Use props
fans4e93ccd9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-4 18:59
That will not have any effect, as the feed sent to the RC unit is a separate 720p down-scaled feed. Lowering the bit transmission rate will however help, but mostly it is to do with the processing power of the phone or tablet. If it has hardware decoding, then try switching that on.

not idea if it has that..how can i check?
2016-12-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans4e93ccd9 Posted at 2016-12-6 09:52
not idea if it has that..how can i check?

Dunno, you will have to fish around in the settings of your phone. It is usually called 'hardware assisted decoding'.
2016-12-5
Use props
fansa14d89da
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1646240 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 06:25
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and the current firmware version of RC and aircraft?
Did you install both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 on your mobile?
If convenient, please record a short video of transmission issue.

I have been having the same problem.  I just received my Phantom 4 Pro and have been trying to run it with a Samsung Tab 4 running Android 5.1.1.  It worked just fine with my husbands Phantom 3 Pro.

There has been about a 30-60 second delay between where I know the drone is looking and what I am seeing on the tablet.  I have shut off wifi, cleaned off cache and other stuff, switched off 'save to device', and lowered from 4K to 2.7 on the video.  I cannot send you a video file because it will look just fine to you.  But too late received for me.

I did switch to my iPhone 5s running iOs 10 and it works just fine Yay!  The screen is brighter but probably a little small.

Love some feedback!

Thanks -
2016-12-5
Use props
paulofthenauth
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-5 00:20
Hi, since your mobile device is not in our recommended list. It might be incompatible.
Could you please change anther mobile device such as IOS device to test it?

Hi DJI, further to my problem above - I ended up purchasing a recommended device - in this case a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 inch 2016. This seemed to have cleared up the delay problem but now new probs. Apart from the "interference" I still seem to be getting - glitches, lines, pixilation - which I got with both devices since new, I am now losing signal between the drone and tablet even when just a few metres away. I have noticed others on the forum all with different, sometimes successful fixes. I am nowhere near any likely source of interference, antennas  are currently set up correctly. While flying picture fades to black and white, message comes up with lost signal, do you wish to return home. I ignore this and picture eventually comes back after a few seconds. Very difficult to fly in these circumstances. I have checked latest available firmware. I am reluctant to do anything without your advice as many others seem to get into more difficulty. Still frame attached. Regards Paul
2017-1-2
Use props
Testman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7764088 ft
Italy

paulofthenauth Posted at 2017-1-2 18:33
Hi DJI, further to my problem above - I ended up purchasing a recommended device - in this case a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 inch 2016. This seemed to have cleared up the delay problem but now new probs. Apart from the "interference" I still seem to be getting - glitches, lines, pixilation - which I got with both devices since new, I am now losing signal between the drone and tablet even when just a few metres away. I have noticed others on the forum all with different, sometimes successful fixes. I am nowhere near any likely source of interference, antennas  are currently set up correctly[view_image]. While flying picture fades to black and white, message comes up with lost signal, do you wish to return home. I ignore this and picture eventually comes back after a few seconds. Very difficult to fly in these circumstances. I have checked latest available firmware. I am reluctant to do anything without your advice as many others seem to get into more difficulty. Still frame attached. Regards Paul

Have you mounted an HDMI module? because with 1.8 version of radio firmware this combination produced this.
In case downgrade to 1.6 version.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

Hi DJI, further to my problem above - I ended up purchasing a recommended device - in this case a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 inch 2016. This seemed to have cleared up the delay problem but now new probs. Apart from the "interference" I still seem to be getting - glitches, lines, pixilation - which I got with both devices since new, I am now losing signal between the drone and tablet even when just a few metres away. I have noticed others on the forum all with different, sometimes successful fixes. I am nowhere near any likely source of interference, antennas  are currently set up correctly[view_image]. While flying picture fades to black and white, message comes up with lost signal, do you wish to return home. I ignore this and picture eventually comes back after a few seconds. Very difficult to fly in these circumstances. I have checked latest available firmware. I am reluctant to do anything without your advice as many others seem to get into more difficulty. Still frame attached. Regards Paul

Did you try to adjust the antenna when it starts to lost signal?
Please try to fly in anther open area to see if you get the same distance.
And you could enter transmission settings to see if there's interference around.
Besides, please provide some screenshots of the pixilation issue.
2017-1-4
Use props
paulofthenauth
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-4 02:12
Did you try to adjust the antenna when it starts to lost signal?
Please try to fly in anther open area to see if you get the same distance.
And you could enter transmission settings to see if there's interference around.

Thanks for your reply Mindy. Antennas adjusted and in the recommended position. I did try another open area yesterday and it worked fine but previous problems occurred in wide open areas with no possible interference and only 20 -30 metres line of sight from controller. The tablet doesn't actually seem to record these moments of live signal loss - just shows a short "glitch" on the screen as per picture attached.    D:\Users\Paul\Pictures\Snapshot000012.jpg
Snapshot000012.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

fansa14d89da Posted at 2016-12-5 19:58
I have been having the same problem.  I just received my Phantom 4 Pro  and have been trying to run it with a Samsung Tab 4 running Android 5.1.1.  It worked just fine with my husbands Phantom 3 Pro.

There has been about a 30-60 second delay between where I know the drone is looking and what I am seeing on the tablet.  I have shut off wifi, cleaned off cache and other stuff, switched off 'save to device', and lowered from 4K to 2.7 on the video.  I cannot send you a video file because it will look just fine to you.  But too late received for me.

I had tried with a Samsung Galaxy 4 also and 50% of the time it would work and the other half it would lag by at least 10 seconds or so if not more. I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and that has not had any lag issues yet. It doesn't make sense but I'm thinking that since the Tab A has 2gb of RAM and the Tab 4 has 1.5gb of RAM. Perhaps that .5 gb of RAM is crucial. Also it may have to to with the fact that the Tab A has an octocore processor while the Tab 4 only has a quad core if I remember correctly.
2017-1-4
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

1.6 RC firmware is the best so far I think. Not totally perfect but a lot better than 1.8. I had very few intermittent problems when I had 1.6 but recently I did the upgrade to all recent firmware to see if the issue had been fixed, but it hasn't. I'm going to have to downgrade mine back to 1.6 again.
2017-1-4
Use props
paulofthenauth
lvl.1

Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-1-4 15:02
I had tried with a Samsung Galaxy 4 also and 50% of the time it would work and the other half it would lag by at least 10 seconds or so if not more. I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and that has not had any lag issues yet. It doesn't make sense but I'm thinking that since the Tab A has 2gb of RAM and the Tab 4 has 1.5gb of RAM. Perhaps that .5 gb of RAM is crucial. Also it may have to to with the fact that the Tab A has an octocore processor while the Tab 4 only has a quad core if I remember correctly.

My Galaxy Tab A is still causing problems. Half the time it's okay, the other half I have to hit return home as I have lost all signal. Really don't know what to do - tried everything. My warranty runs out soon and I'm spending more time trying to problem solve and reading the forums than flying.
2017-1-21
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

paulofthenauth Posted at 2017-1-21 16:22
My Galaxy Tab A is still causing problems. Half the time it's okay, the other half I have to hit return home as I have lost all signal. Really don't know what to do - tried everything. My warranty runs out soon and I'm spending more time trying to problem solve and reading the forums than flying.

I was just looking at the specs of the 7 inch as I figured the only difference from the 10 inch I have would be the overall size. But my 10 inch has 2 gb of ram where your 7 inch only has 1.5. Also all it says for your processor is it is 1.3ghz  where mine is 1.6ghz. Mine is an octocore, I'm not sure if yours is. The only real problem besides the garbled video like in your screenshot (which RC firmware 1.6 is a lot better than 1.8 we are on now), only other problem was I had issues with it rebooting a lot. I think I finally solved that with a different cord.  Other than that it might be the ram and the processor is why you are having issues,
2017-1-21
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

The only time I got scrambled feed and recording was when I forgot to stretch the antenae. I use an iPhone and fly in open fields, but I've set the max distance to 300m.
2017-1-21
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-1-21 19:31
The only time I got scrambled feed and recording was when I forgot to stretch the antenae. I use an iPhone and fly in open fields, but I've set the max distance to 300m.

I haven't seen many people with iOS saying they have a problem with scrambled video, seems to be more of an issue with android devices.  I was originally using a Motorola droid turbo 2 phone which has 3 GB of ram and an octa core processor and that had issues with scrambled video as well.
2017-1-21
Use props
fans9dd4f5a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51804 ft
Greece

After having tried various versions of the DJI DJI GO4 GO and I decided that the best and the
2.9.1 with video transmission nearly perfect without any delays.
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules