500 2 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoHoos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 828757 ft
United States

Greetings!

I received my Mavic Pro at the end of last week.  (No hate, please.  DJI is trying to get eveyone their drones...)

I'm a brand new drone operator.  I'm in the US, so I have familliarized myself with the rules, restrictions, etc. and read a lot about what to do when you first get started.

I don't want to be "that guy" who gives the hobby a bad name.

So, I've flown a bit.  Much in "Beginner" mode.  Around the park and yard.  Trying to gain confidence in the hardware and my skills and abilities.   Learning a ton.

But.. I'm finding things in the interface that I don't see in the manual.  Like camera settings, for instnace.  I see lots of camera modes, especially in the manual area, with nothing in the latest docs on what they are.  There are lots of settings in the gimble, motion, etc. also.

I see this new device as a tool - I love taking photos and videos and plan to shoot a bunch.  It seems like some of the settings will allow me to slow things down and smooth them out, but again nothing really documented...   

Am I missing something?

Thanks

2016-12-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

No your not, there is very little documentation with regards to camera settings almost none, your best bet is to go on you tube and there you will find some great videos on best camera and video settings, a lot of the rest will be about figuring it out yourself, and when you do, you can come back here and share with the rest of us. Good luck with your Mavic and safe flying
2016-12-6
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
Australia

Nope, you're not missing anything. The docs are v1.0 and are missing a ton of stuff even if you set aside the DJI Go apps per se - there is nothing on many of the new flight modes like gesture control, terrain follow etc.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules