Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4
1234567Next >
165532 246 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DJI has released DJI GO 4 for its latest products, the Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2. DJI GO 4 is available for download on the Apple Store and Google Play store alongside its predecessor, DJI GO. Below are some frequently asked questions about the two apps.

DJI GO.png
Why are DJI GO and DJI GO 4.0 separate apps? Why can’t there just be one unified DJI GO app?

DJI GO 4 is specifically designed to be compatible with our newer products. By separating DJI GO 4 from DJI GO, older products won’t be adversely affected by future updates to DJI GO 4, and updates to DJI GO will focus on optimizing and improving the app’s compatibility with older products.

What products are compatible with DJI GO and DJI GO 4, respectively?
   Compatibility.png   
Do I need to have DJI GO and DJI GO 4 installed at the same time if I have a Phantom 3 and Phantom 4 Pro?

To use both products, you need to have DJI GO and DJI GO 4 installed on your mobile device at the same time. Please make sure to use DJI GO 4 to activate your Phantom 4 Pro or Inspire 2, rather than DJI GO.

Why does my aircraft not react after I connect to my mobile device (Android) with DJI GO and DJI GO 4 running at the same time?

Due to Android operating system limitations, the aircraft will attempt to connect to the app you opened first by default. In this case, you can clear defaults and then connect the aircraft to the app again.
(For details regarding how to clear Android app defaults, please refer to this forum post: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75403-1-1.html)

What are the differences between DJI GO 4 and DJI GO?

The major difference lies in the products supported by each app. Other than some minor user interface variations, DJI GO 4 is quite similar to DJI GO.

Will DJI GO 4 replace DJI GO? Will DJI GO be updated in the future?

DJI GO 4 will not replace DJI GO. Updates will be made to both DJI GO and DJI GO 4. For example, the new Editor from DJI GO 4 will also be added to DJI GO.
Next, let’s take a look at some of the new Editor’s features.

Elaborately Create Your Own Travel Diary

Every time you complete shooting, Editor will create a movie for you to record your life and share with your friends.

1.png

Free Music in Various Styles

Up to 53 background songs are available! You can also adjust the duration of the music to make it suitable for your creation.
2.png

Simple and Convenient Timeline

An intuitive timeline allows you to view, edit and share your footage in just a few seconds! Each clip’s settings can be tweaked to perfection. What’s more, you can also use videos stored in your mobile device!

3.png

Sharing with a Single Tap

After editing your footage, share it to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with just a single tap. Or share it on DJI’s Skypixel, which connects aerial photographers and filmmakers from around the world.

4.png

Capture and Save Instantly   

The photos and videos you captured will be automatically cached to the Album, keeping them readily accessible for you to review and edit at any time.

5.png

Save at Any Time

You can save your editing progress whenever you want, then continue editing and publish your video later.

6.png

The new editor is currently available for DJI GO 4 and will be available for DJI GO soon. Thanks for reading! If you have any editing tips of your own or feedback about the new app, feel free to share in the thread or comments.

2016-12-12
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I am sorry this app DJI go 4 is horrible it has to many bugs and it has disconnected my video downlink from the iPhone, lucky I do not lose connection with the RC controller but on several occasion I have lost downlink video transmission and even all connection like today I was about to record some nice footage and the mavic pro with the DJI go app 4 lost complete disconnection the RC controller stays connected and I manage to hit RTH and it comes in but if not I would not use this new version of the DJI go app I am sticking with the old one.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-12 06:29
I am sorry this app DJI go 4 is horrible it has to many bugs and it has disconnected my video downlink from the iPhone, lucky I do not lose connection with the RC controller but on several occasion I have lost downlink video transmission and even all connection like today I was about to record some nice footage and the mavic pro with the DJI go app 4 lost complete disconnection the RC controller stays connected and I manage to hit RTH and it comes in but if not I would not use this new version of the DJI go app I am sticking with the old one.

Sorry you are experiencing this, what device are you using?
2016-12-12
Use props
ueuezaza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

I really hope this is only a temporary solution, but for me, owning both an OSMO and a Mavic it's ridiculous to have two different apps (2x 200MB) for the same purpose. I hope you are going to integrate all the products in one single app.
2016-12-12
Use props
flighhigh3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82047 ft
United States

When do you plan to enable Live Streaming support in DJI GO 4?
2016-12-12
Use props
flighhigh3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82047 ft
United States

Also, do you plan to add features to share configuration across devices?  I use DJI GO on several devices depending on the situation (Android tablet, Android phone, iPhone 6, iPhone 7) and it would be great if the various devices could synchronise their configurations.
2016-12-12
Use props
fansa6e27bfd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154 ft
United States

Can you please post a video on Lens calibration for the DJI Mavic on android?  It became available on this new version of DJI GO 4 APP.  I see this option available however every time I try to calibrate it tells me that objects are not far enough away... even when I'm trying focusing on objects a mile away.  Some folks have suggested this fixed their focusing issue where they had one side blurred which I'm running into.  Prior, folks were stating that mavic's that had this issue were "all" being RMA'd.  Is Lens calibration possible and would it fix the blur issue or is this being RMA'd for other reasons?  Please take some interest in your customers DJI and be open about this.  You have a good product, more transparency means better support for your customers.
2016-12-12
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

flighhigh3 Posted at 2016-12-12 06:24

Also, do you plan to add features to share configuration across devices?  I use DJI GO on several devices depending on the situation (Android tablet, Android phone, iPhone 6, iPhone 7) and it would be great if the various devices could synchronise their configurations.

Live Streaming is under General Settings...
2016-12-12
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 22:07

I am using an iPhone 6 plus today I try to film something and just did an overpass of the castle and when I try to do another pass the whole screen went blank like if the drone was not connected to the software but luckily I still had control of through the RC so I knew immediately its the software it is very very very buggy so, I hope it gets fix soon, the first time I had this problem was flying around in sport mode and when I wanted to see the what the phone was showing through the camera it was not showing no video transmission. I went back to the old version so going to test it again but the gimbal was acting up the compass as well. When I install back the old version, it was acting up at first reset the IMU and the compass. It was giving me transmission signal interference, and after setting it all back to default through the software the system seems to work fine I have no flown it yet but I will have to go and test this again...
2016-12-12
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

I am lucky that I do not fly to far only as far as 100 meters and only focus on one subject not doing those long distance flying. But I am not going to install that 4.0 version its scary and its very buggy, giving all kinds of errors and messing up with the camera video downlink and the last video of the over pass I see this weird blur on the lower right corner which I never had in my images I think the software is very buggy...
2016-12-12
Use props
powerpig
New

Hong Kong

How do I save the edited videos to my phone album? I use both iPhone and Android
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-12 07:55
I am using an iPhone 6 plus today I try to film something and just did an overpass of the castle and when I try to do another pass the whole screen went blank like if the drone was not connected to the software but luckily I still had control of through the RC so I knew immediately its the software it is very very very buggy so, I hope it gets fix soon, the first time I had this problem was flying around in sport mode and when I wanted to see the what the phone was showing through the camera it was not showing no video transmission. I went back to the old version so going to test it again but the gimbal was acting up the compass as well. When I install back the old version, it was acting up at first reset the IMU and the compass. It was giving me transmission signal interference, and after setting it all back to default through the software the system seems to work fine I have no flown it yet but I will have to go and test this again...

I'm using a iPhone 7 Plus and have not noticed anything.
Try to sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the Go app.
2016-12-12
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

For what it is worth, the editor sounds great.

However in 2 years of forum reading and posting I have never once seen anyone

wish the GO app had a great edit function.

I have seen over and over folks asking for one that:
stops disconnecting,
messing with RC signals,
causing banding in video stream after FW updates
REAL up to date MAPS
etc

In other words

is GO and editor app or a flying app?

I really just want a great FLYING APP

sincerely,

Bob
2016-12-12
Use props
Fergus\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 528376 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 16:18

I'm also getting frequent disconnections with iPhone 6s at all ranges with new mavic. Go4 and updated firmware. I've used same phone on inspire raw and p3p without issues.
2016-12-12
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa6e27bfd Posted at 2016-12-12 22:24
Can you please post a video on Lens calibration for the DJI Mavic on android?  It became available on this new version of DJI GO 4 APP.  I see this option available however every time I try to calibrate it tells me that objects are not far enough away... even when I'm trying focusing on objects a mile away.  Some folks have suggested this fixed their focusing issue where they had one side blurred which I'm running into.  Prior, folks were stating that mavic's that had this issue were "all" being RMA'd.  Is Lens calibration possible and would it fix the blur issue or is this being RMA'd for other reasons?  Please take some interest in your customers DJI and be open about this.  You have a good product, more transparency means better support for your customers.

Yes please explain this Lens Calibration the selection was there in the App and it seems to have vanished from the Go 4 App

Jack
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Fergus\@Skylark Posted at 2016-12-12 10:08
I'm also getting frequent disconnections with iPhone 6s at all ranges with new mavic. Go4 and updated firmware. I've used same phone on inspire raw and p3p without issues.

You can also try a factory reset from the assistant2.
If you are in an interference free area and are pointing the antennas properly, you should have this problem.
If it persists after troubleshooting, please contact support and see about sending the aircraft and RC in for evaluation.
2016-12-12
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 00:18

I did but I reinstall the DJI go instead Ken I am not going to take a risk like that with my drone having black out screen and complete disconnection from the software from the drone and just have the RC working perfectly fine its a risk I cannot take.... I will email you the flight records of the old and new app
2016-12-12
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 01:56
You can also try a factory reset from the assistant2.
If you are in an interference free area and are pointing the antennas properly, you should have this problem.
If it persists after troubleshooting, please contact support and see about sending the aircraft and RC in for evaluation.

I am going to try with the old app tomorrow, but as of now I had two black out screen where it will say disconnected... and all features have NA on it but the RC controller works fine giving me all the data telemetry of the craft and working as fine just the app would stop working and I don't want the software to damage the hardware... I already notice on today footage a soft focus blotch on the entire lower right bottom corner and side right edge of the image and, when I install the old version the Go app it was giving me gimbal errors and it would not calibrate till I try by the 3 time. I just think that its buggy and I am not going to risk my craft on a beta software experimentation of DJI knowing that they probably would not cover if damage or fall from the sky or have other issues that they could blame me as a error.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-12 11:15
I did but I reinstall the DJI go instead Ken I am not going to take a risk like that with my drone having black out screen and complete disconnection from the software from the drone and just have the RC working perfectly fine its a risk I cannot take.... I will email you the flight records of the old and new app

If all troubleshooting steps cannot resolve it and your in an interference free area and you are well within range and antennas pointed correctly, then please contact support.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-12-12
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Your compatibility list for the GO App doesn't show the Mavic but we know it works since the GO 4 app wasn't released until 12/06 and we had to use the GO App up until then. Does this mean the GO App will no longer be supported for the Mavic moving forward now that the GO 4 App is out?
2016-12-12
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Tried using DJI GO 4... crashed couple of times... removed DJI GO 4.

I will stay with DJI GO with my Mavic until DJI GO 4 is stable.
2016-12-12
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

watuse Posted at 2016-12-12 22:59
I am lucky that I do not fly to far only as far as 100 meters and only focus on one subject not doing those long distance flying. But I am not going to install that 4.0 version its scary and its very buggy, giving all kinds of errors and messing up with the camera video downlink and the last video of the over pass I see this weird blur on the lower right corner which I never had in my images I think the software is very buggy...

Sorry for your experience but this is not the experience of most users. I've flown multiple times on the new platform and the Go 4 app is fine.
2016-12-12
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

fansae63899d Posted at 2016-12-13 02:47

There is nothing wrong with the App per se but looks like there is something about the transmit receive system for some US customers that is causing interference. I've taken the Mavic out to 4 km in clear conditions with no signal drop out. Possible that 2.4GHz space is so overcrowded in your locale that no matter what ODFM does, it gets clobbered.
2016-12-12
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Had the original GO app crash once when first installed it. But after that it's been doing what it should. I have to install 4 and see what's up. Install the litchi app too
2016-12-12
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I think having different apps for each product makes sense, as one app for all products results in a bloated app and then as changes are made, some products will be affected negatively.

As an anology, It's like having IE in Windows.  
It is so bloated, no technical person will ever use it.  Techie people tend to use Chrome because it is so much more efficient, it does not contain so much junk which can result in slower operation plus it's vulnerable to viruses, trojans, etc.

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you are using? would you please export the crash log and upload the file to dropbox? We'd like to analyze that.
If you use an IOS device, please connect it to a PC with iTunes installed, go to application--DJI GO, you'll be able to export it.
2016-12-12
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-13 10:23
May I know what mobile device you are using? would you please export the crash log and upload the file to dropbox? We'd like to analyze that.
If you use an IOS device, please connect it to a PC with iTunes installed, go to application--DJI GO, you'll be able to export it.

It's One Plus X, but custom cyanogen mod, marshmallow. I just went with the original GO app.

Hmm I'll see if I can get a log up for you. The X has a upside down micro usb port, so I'm using the usb plug on the controller. Not the charging port. bb

Here's the log https://www.dropbox.com/s/ip913z ... 2-12-27-01.txt?dl=0
2016-12-12
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-13 04:25
There is nothing wrong with the App per se but looks like there is something about the transmit receive system for some US customers that is causing interference. I've taken the Mavic out to 4 km in clear conditions with no signal drop out. Possible that 2.4GHz space is so overcrowded in your locale that no matter what ODFM does, it gets clobbered.

Yes Mike it could be true but I am not going to use that app anymore 3 strikes and the app is out of my phone, This is like baseball so if they did not get it right from the beginning I am not going to try it out anymore plus it messes up the whole entire IMU and compass and other stuff not just the video downlink but a lot of things... I am going to test the old app today if it does not fail then it is clearly a application problem by the DJI Go app..
2016-12-13
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 02:32
If all troubleshooting steps cannot resolve it and your in an interference free area and you are well within range and antennas pointed correctly, then please contact support.
http://www.dji.com/support

Where I fly there is no interference, there is even low signal of 4G cell it goes to 3G and have 3 dot signal... But today I am going back there to test the drone again... As of now with the installation of the old app it seems to work fine for me... Now time to take it up for flight... There is no problem with the RC signal it works fine it shows perfect telemetry and perfect handling its just the app that it would shut down my phone, the video link will go blank and yesterday the the entire app lost total connection of the drone no telemetry at all. Just the RC had perfect connection with the drone.
2016-12-13
Use props
Droney McDronef
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31539 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Adding a second version of the Go App seems like a very poor decision from DJI..

I own an Inspire 1 and have just purchased a Mavic.. Now i will require two apps!? each bloated with an editor and music that i will never use?!!

While i understand there may be good technical reasons to reduce the software bloat from supporting all products in a single app,
It seems extremely counter productive to then add in a video editor along with 53 background music tracks.. i'm an app developer myself and music is always the most data heavy component in our games.

I don't totally disagree with the idea of having separate apps for each product if there is a good justification.. But in that case the editor should also be an optional separate App.

This seems like a move in the direction of the GoPro Capture app.. These all in one, capture - delivery apps are great for the average consumer who wants to share their home videos to social media,
But so many people are using these products professionally and wanting to edit in a proper computing environment! This is pure dumbing down at the cost of core functional convenience.

I really hope DJI realize the error of this move.. Or at the very least, make the two apps more distinctively different!
The icons look almost identical and i'm sure people are going to be frustrated when they open the wrong app for the device they are trying to connect to.. At the very least they could change the color of one..

This is a massive step backwards from what was a slick and streamlined, integrated product suite.
2016-12-13
Use props
ChuckNBlades
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85489 ft
United States

DJI Go 4 works fine for me with my Mavic.  HOWEVER - As a new DJI owner it seams crazy that I have to connect my phone to the remote and power up the quad (and it's motors) just to change camera settings or experiment with the app.  Unless I disconnect the props every time, I feel like there's an accident waiting to happen.  

Also, how much of my devices memory are we wasting with all the new music, editing, streaming, etc?  I've been on these forums for a few months now and I've seen NOBODY asking for these features.  

Thanks for listening.
2016-12-13
Use props
c0balt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314747 ft
Australia

I also would really like to be able to change settings and experiment with the app without having to power up the Mavic. I was trying the simulator earlier and it would only work with the Mavic powered up which caused it to get fairly hot and have the fan kick in, which shouldn't be necessary to use the simulator.
2016-12-13
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

I am going to format my iPhone the entire time today the phone kept acting up disconnecting and all kinds of weird things even told me that it had the wrong firmware at one point and it drained the battery of my phone insanely like in 10 min it took it down from 100 percent to 40 percent and notice something too when I hit one of the C buttons to focus and the phone was connected to the RC controller it would shut down my phone completely tell me it is not a buggy thing ever since I updated to that 4.0 the entire system of the phone with the drone has been complete buggy when I first got the drone it worked flawlessly... Lucky for me the RC with out the phone it works spectacular, did sport mode normal P mode and it works perfect just with the phone it does not.
2016-12-13
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

I have no problems with the Go 4 app, tested on Iphone 6, Galaxy s7 Egde and Ipad pro 9.7.

It works fine with my P4P here.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-13 08:37
I am going to format my iPhone the entire time today the phone kept acting up disconnecting and all kinds of weird things even told me that it had the wrong firmware at one point and it drained the battery of my phone insanely like in 10 min it took it down from 100 percent to 40 percent and notice something too when I hit one of the C buttons to focus and the phone was connected to the RC controller it would shut down my phone completely tell me it is not a buggy thing ever since I updated to that 4.0 the entire system of the phone with the drone has been complete buggy when I first got the drone it worked flawlessly... Lucky for me the RC with out the phone it works spectacular, did sport mode normal P mode and it works perfect just with the phone it does not.

You said you are using a iPhone 6 and the app is shutting down your phone.
I also tried a iPhone 6 and it's working just fine.
You've already deleted/reinstalled the app, making sure no other apps are running (only the GO app)
Can you try a different device form the DJI recommended list?
2016-12-13
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

The moment I have completed 5 consecutive flights without an app crash I'll begin to like DJI Go 4 like I did Go which never crashed on my android device.
2016-12-13
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozod5l ... -41%5B1%5D.txt?dl=0

GO 4 app 4.0.0. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. When switched one of the options on it crashed but looked like auto recovered. I was back in the menu after it closed and the option was switched on. So far so good though while not messing with options.
2016-12-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

flighhigh3 Posted at 2016-12-12 22:21

Its already there. Look up General Settings.
2016-12-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

Fergus\@Skylark Posted at 2016-12-13 01:08

USA issue? Not most places elsewhere
2016-12-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
New Zealand

Probably because Android can't run both apps simultaneously. Nothing wrong with Go 4 in my experience. Its cool and the video review feature is excellent
2016-12-13
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules