Strange first experience with Mavic Pro
2049 11 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

Finally last Friday my long awaiting Mavic arrived. Am living in Beijing and took Mavic yesterday out to a remote area of the Great Wall of China. Did 12 flights and exhausted 4 batteries at different locations and times.
Sooner or later at random times during each flight the video feed got interrupted and the Mavic threatened with RTH which I needed to cancel.  To reconnect video feed I had to kill and restart the DJI GO4 app. (iOS, DJI GO4 app, controller and drone firmware are all on latest version)

This disconnection happend at random times and distances (sometimes even still on the ground before take off, anything from 3 meters to 100 meters distance). Always maintained line of sight. No power lines, metal, etc structures (was literally out on a mountain). Rebooted controller, drone, iPhone6 several times and reconnected controller to iphone cable (both ends) several times. Also killed all other apps on the phone. No change, i.e. disconnection kept re-occuring.

Sometimes (not every time), I also got error messages  "gimbal overloaded" or "gimbal disconnected". The gimbal protection and dome were both always removed prior to powering up the Mavic. No visible damage to gimbal and when connection available, video was perfectly stabilised.

So compared to my trusted Phantom 4, I currently have limited confidence in the Mavic after this first day of flying.
Has anybody experienced the same?
Any recommendations?

Unfortunately today I won't be able to fly to check this out again (where I live is no fly zone).
Tried to replicate the problem indoors but no error messages / disconnection.
2016-12-17
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

What cable were you using to connect the RC to your iPhone? I've heard of a few instances of the included cable being faulty. Maybe try a different iPhone cable and try using the other USB port to see if either the cable or port is related to the issue.
2016-12-17
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-17 19:34
What cable were you using to connect the RC to your iPhone? I've heard of a few instances of the included cable being faulty. Maybe try a different iPhone cable and try using the other USB port to see if either the cable or port is related to the issue.

I used the short mini USB to Lightning cable that was provided with the RC. Will try a different cable with next flight.
2016-12-17
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

Let me know if you find a solution.

I'm having an identical problem done here in South Africa. I'm also using IOS (IPhone 6 Plus).

Mine has worked perfectly for about 3/4 weeks, until the DJI Go 4 app updated the other day then the problems started, so I doubt this is a cable issue. Going to try an IPhone 6S Plus later this evening to see if the problem still persists.
2016-12-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-17 22:34

True that, the mavic I received had a defective rc cable.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans61954438 Posted at 2016-12-18 15:41
I used the short mini USB to Lightning cable that was provided with the RC. Will try a different cable with next flight.

Hello, when you restart the mavic, is the error message persists?
2016-12-18
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

As stated, several times restarted drone, RC and phone. Several other threats and posts seem to describe same pöblem.
2016-12-19
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.2

United States

same problem here. not sure why DJI pretends this is isolated issue. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=76656
2016-12-20
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

Following this thread to see if DJI gives a ****
2016-12-20
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Had same problems and also replied to a tons of similar post. After using an USB cable from the middle port no problem at all. Maybe in some cases the micro-USB cable is not isolated and can cause video problems.
2016-12-20
Use props
Lake Bum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10018904 ft
United States

I just received my Mav two days ago and never was able to even get my RC connected with dji go 4 app. After trying everything I could with little resources (and yes, I spent chatting for 2 hours, dropped twice and sent to end of the line) still don't know if they are going to send me a replacement cable.
I decided to try the USB on the controller to my iPhone 7 Plus.  Have video finally and connected. Needless to say once I got it to work I was done for the day. Will work on it some more and give updates when I get to fly. I hate that the service we receive on such a nice concept at a hefty price, has to be next t useless for me at this point. They told me two weeks to ship the replacement cord to me.
I think the best thing is try to get a short lightning to USB cord and at least try to get this bird in the air! Not gonna just look at it and wait on them. Hopefully this will be just a hiccup...
2017-1-27
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

Lake Bum Posted at 2017-1-27 06:55
I just received my Mav two days ago and never was able to even get my RC connected with dji go 4 app. After trying everything I could with little resources (and yes, I spent chatting for 2 hours, dropped twice and sent to end of the line) still don't know if they are going to send me a replacement cable.
I decided to try the USB on the controller to my iPhone 7 Plus.  Have video finally and connected. Needless to say once I got it to work I was done for the day. Will work on it some more and give updates when I get to fly. I hate that the service we receive on such a nice concept at a hefty price, has to be next t useless for me at this point. They told me two weeks to ship the replacement cord to me.
I think the best thing is try to get a short lightning to USB cord and at least try to get this bird in the air! Not gonna just look at it and wait on them. Hopefully this will be just a hiccup...

I am using a mini 4 and the center usb port,   look at  ALLputer.com  they have different cables and good prices,,,  bought two,  post pictures in a different thread,  which ipad min,,  check it out if you want,  good quality,   until they arrive,  I used  my ipad mini usb cable and had no issues,  other than it being 3ft long,
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules