P4P+ maps default location Berlin, Germany
3285 25 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

I live in the UK but whenever I switch on the remote (integrated +) controller the default map location is centred on Berlin, Germany. So for instance I am in my house by the PC and want to cache the maps for flying outside my house. I have NO GPS signal in the house. So I switch on the remote and connect via integrated WiFi & LAN to cache the map, remote starts up with the default location as Berlin, I zoom out and scroll to UK and then drill down to my location,  I then pan around to cover the ground outside my house where I want to fly, then switch off remote. Next day I go out to fly, switch on remote and guess what......initially location shown as Berlin, Germany until I get a GPS fix then I get my location on the map but the cached maps have gone so I get just a blurry map!!

I have latest firmware V1.1.1.1 Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This case has been reported and we are trying to locate the map issue now, will get back to you once we get news.
2016-12-21
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Natalia, Thank you for letting me know its being looked into. I hope there is a fix soon. Kind regards.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-22 04:05
Natalia, Thank you for letting me know its being looked into. I hope there is a fix soon. Kind regards.

Hello Phil, normally, when the GPS signal is weak, the default map location is Berlin, Germany.
Could you please record a video of this issue.  Please record the surrounding in the video as well.
Besides, did you turn on the aircraft when having this issue?
2016-12-21
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 06:35
Hello Phil, normally, when the GPS signal is weak, the default map location is Berlin, Germany.
Could you please record a video of this issue.  Please record the surrounding in the video as well.
Besides, did you turn on the aircraft when having this issue?

I'm not the only one with this experience. This is happening to everyone the same except most people just put up with it until it is fixed at some future date. This is not the way the maps should work. DJI should be able to work this out themselves and fix it without users having to act as beta testers. I have explained the problem and I unfortunately I haven't the time to waste to spend it videoing what is so obvious and then to be informed that the resulting video has been sent to an engineer to look at and then never hear anything else. I don't need appeasing like that.

I spent some time with an "advisor" Anthony on DJI Chat who on the face of it appeared helpful but really was just following his script ie as requested I did the remote reset, download latest firmware again, then do the calibration dance. Guess what? No difference. Just wasted his and my time.

Another user reports the same at this thread and yet you Mindy act as though you have never heard of the problem. We are all going around in circles, including the drones while there is no mapping and they don't know where to go!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2016-12-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-23 10:43
I'm not the only one with this experience. This is happening to everyone the same except most people just put up with it until it is fixed at some future date. This is not the way the maps should work. DJI should be able to work this out themselves and fix it without users having to act as beta testers. I have explained the problem and I unfortunately I cant afford the time to spend videoing what is so obvious.
Another user reports the same at this thread and yet you Mindy act as though you have never heard of the problem. We are all going around in circles, including the drones while there is no mapping!
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77204&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D386%26typeid%3D386

'Could you please record a video of this issue.'

Standard DJI cut and paste reply to everything.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-23 07:43
I'm not the only one with this experience. This is happening to everyone the same except most people just put up with it until it is fixed at some future date. This is not the way the maps should work. DJI should be able to work this out themselves and fix it without users having to act as beta testers. I have explained the problem and I unfortunately I haven't the time to waste to spend it videoing what is so obvious and then to be informed that the resulting video has been sent to an engineer to look at and then never hear anything else. I don't need appeasing like that.

I spent some time with an "advisor" Anthony on DJI Chat who on the face of it appeared helpful but really was just following his script ie as requested I did the remote reset, download latest firmware again, then do the calibration dance. Guess what? No difference. Just wasted his and my time.

I can understand that. We really appreciate that if you could provide us with the video.
Since it's a little difficult to locate the issue without the video.
2016-12-23
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 08:37
I can understand that. We really appreciate that if you could provide us with the video.
Since it's a little difficult to locate the issue without the video.

I think I provided too much detail that may be confusing things for you.
To simplify things, the P4P+ remote is not caching the maps.
Fix that, then problem solved.

It is not necessary to provide a video to show how the remote is unable to cache maps. If you are unable to comprehend the term "cached maps" there is no hope of a fix for the problem regardless.
2016-12-23
Use props
GWinford
lvl.1

United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-23 07:43

None of my DJI Go apps show a usable map. Just fuzzy green. The last update was the problem, how do back-up to the November update?
2016-12-26
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

after latest update from today I get the same issue with my P4P+...location Berlin and I'm few thousands km away from it....with previous firmware I couldn't select satellite or hybrid map at all...now it's working but it shows me in Berlin..so fixing something and breaking other...
2017-1-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

XoR Posted at 2017-1-11 09:18
after latest update from today I get the same issue with my P4P+...location Berlin and I'm few thousands km away from it....with previous firmware I couldn't select satellite or hybrid map at all...now it's working but it shows me in Berlin..so fixing something and breaking other...

"...location Berlin and I'm few thousands km away from it"

For the people complaining about this, post #4 above explains it.
Berlin is Ground Zero for Here Maps.
If your tablet does not give location details (you have location services switched off, or are indoors with no GPS etc), that is the area that Here maps will display.
Switch on location services or whatever you need to get your tablet reporting its location and the map will show where you are.
It's not a bug - the "problem" is at your end.
2017-1-11
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-11 15:20

for P4P+? The tablet is DJI tablet as it's integrated in RC so why before updating didn't have this issue and now, after yesterday update suddenly I have it? The flight are in the exactly same spot as before.
Update solved for me maps display with hybrid and satellite but now shows me in Berlin (never did this before).
Anyway, I will recheck later today and see if going in a very wide open space will be ok. Maybe it changed satellite acquiring sensibility?
2017-1-12
Use props
picky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279 ft
Australia

I get the same and i live in Australia
2017-1-12
Use props
fansb588a9c5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431959 ft
United States

I have the same issue. It happens to me when i have no maps cached and I have to pair my phone to it. It starts me in Germany then goes to otherside of globe to me in Chicago
2017-1-13
Use props
fansb588a9c5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 431959 ft
United States

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-23 07:53
I think I provided too much detail that may be confusing things for you.
To simplify things, the P4P+ remote is not caching the maps.
Fix that, then problem solved.

Maps not saving
2017-1-13
Use props
russ43phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067231 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been a serious short coming when I try to use my P4P+.  When using modes like TapFly or Draw when my P4P+ is more than 100 yards away, I need to be able to track my flight on MapView.  I need to have satellite mode displayed because it shows the landmarks I need to establish exactly where my P4P+ is.  I can't do that because, when away from a strong WiFi signal, there is no map in my cache.  At home, I always have to start with Berlin.  Then I "fly" over to New Hampshire and enlarge the scale until I have a nice local satellite view.  The problem is, I don't fly the drone in my home.  :-(   I did not have this problem with my P3P using an iPhone or iPad.  I am getting concerned that the integrated display is either not supported, has a low priority for support or the team that supports it is not DJI's top team.
2017-2-27
Use props
SimTech
New
Flight distance : 25686 ft
Australia

I too have the same problem with my new P4P+...no maps. Location Melbourne Australia. Tried support chat but went around in circles!!
Can someone from DJI please post an update on the issue or better still provide a solution.
thanks.
2017-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SimTech Posted at 2017-3-29 05:03
I too have the same problem with my new P4P+...no maps. Location Melbourne Australia. Tried support chat but went around in circles!!
Can someone from DJI please post an update on the issue or better still provide a solution.
thanks.

If you open up the app (no need to have the Phantom on) at home with wifi connected, do you see the map?
2017-3-29
Use props
SimTech
New
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-29 05:35
If you open up the app (no need to have the Phantom on) at home with wifi connected, do you see the map?

Hello....No map and with excellent  wifi  connect. I have chatted with DJI support who gave me a link for firmware upgrade which I had already tried but did it again anyway.....no change and no maps!
Thank you for replying
2017-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SimTech Posted at 2017-3-31 19:49
Hello....No map and with excellent  wifi  connect. I have chatted with DJI support who gave me a link for firmware upgrade which I had already tried but did it again anyway.....no change and no maps!
Thank you for replying

Firmware for the Phantom should have no effect as the map is part of the app and works whether or not you have the Phantom connected.
What do you see .. are you looking at a balnk rectangle or is the map rectangle missing completely?
2017-3-31
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-11 15:20

"Berlin is Ground Zero for Here Maps"

That's because Mercedes, BMW + AUDI bought HERE from Nokia two years ago for 3 BILLION bucks.
They better put Berlin in the center than!

These idiots should have bought Google Maps. Probably to expensive ;-)
2017-4-1
Use props
SimTech
New
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-31 20:11
Firmware for the Phantom should have no effect as the map is part of the app and works whether or not you have the Phantom connected.
What do you see .. are you looking at a balnk rectangle or is the map rectangle missing completely?

Hello ,
I have gone from no map data ( blank greyed out rectangle) to now being able to position at 20 klm above my location after  "flying" from China but cannot zoom in any closer. The map took an incredibly long time to load (30 min or so) and will only load the raw map and not satellite . This is on a very good WiFi connection.
It seems that turning the Chinese maps on then off made some difference after reading advice from other  posts.
I will persevere and thank you for your help...cheers
2017-4-17
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

We really need the real Google maps back, never seemed to be map issues back then.
2017-4-26
Use props
SimTech
New
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-29 05:35

Hello...apologies for very late reply.....Since new the device has never displayed any map info at all just grey screen with Here logo.
If I enable the chinese maps I get  map info.  The drone I assume thinks it is over China. From here I can "fly" to Melbourne but there is no map detail zooming in or out. With excellent WiFi I still get the "No Network Coverage" message when trying to cache maps.  What part of Aus are you from?...cheers
2017-7-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SimTech Posted at 2017-7-27 19:47
Hello...apologies for very late reply.....Since new the device has never displayed any map info at all just grey screen with Here logo.
If I enable the chinese maps I get  map info.  The drone I assume thinks it is over China. From here I can "fly" to Melbourne but there is no map detail zooming in or out. With excellent WiFi I still get the "No Network Coverage" message when trying to cache maps.  What part of Aus are you from?...cheers

Your Phantom knows exactly where it is and would never think it was in China.
There are some settings in the app for Chinese map support and you might need to switch those off.

I'm well north of Melbourne ... up around the centre of the east coast.
2017-7-27
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Lol - i was preparing a Q regarding this, i see it when i enter the flightlog player, on my it has started with the latest upgrade to 4.1.4 a few weeks ago.

I only has Denmark downloaded for casching, and anyway now it shows me germany, before it get the flightlog loaded. Exit the flight log and i am back in Germany.
Sometimes it seem tht it can't even load the log at first attempt just stand still rolling the loading wheel, then i have to exit and re-enter the log a few times.

I do envy the detailed map they have for Berlin, i am missing the lakes, ponds and streams on the danish ones! :-/

A old error represented in the firmware or ?

Screenshot_2017-08-27-12-24-25.png
Screenshot_2017-08-27-12-26-05.png
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules