Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-3 15:41
My problems with the mavic VPS didn't start till there was snow on the ground?

Page 25 says operate the aircraft with great caution in the following situations, and the fist line talks about monochrome surfaces (pure white) which can mean snow.
Capture.JPG
2017-1-3
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 21:16
Page 25 says operate the aircraft with great caution in the following situations, and the fist line talks about monochrome surfaces (pure white) which can mean snow.

This is the location i fly over all the time and i'm getting the issue. As you can see it's not monochrome

2017-1-4
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

For those having this issue, I may have a better alternative to disabling VPS altogether. I discovered today that disabling the "Landing Protection" actually disables the Mavic's downward obstacle avoidance, while still keeping VPS enabled for enhanced flight stability. With Landing Protection disabled, I was able to fly my Mavic extremely close to the ground without it ascending or pausing. Literally an inch or two above the ground. I also tested letting the Mavic hover, and then placing my hand directly underneath it. The Mavic didn't budge. Normally this would result in the Mavic shooting upwards, as many people have discovered while trying to hand catch it. Also, with this option disabled, the Mavic no longer pauses at 0.5m when you tell it to descend. It will continue to descend until you stop the input, or until it hits the ground.

Of course, this is still just a temporary workaround until the software or hardware is fixed. Also, I've never experienced this issue of my Mavic not wanting to descend, so I can't say for sure if my workaround will work, but it sure seems like it should.

ps. DJI, perhaps you could come up with a better name for the "Landing Proection" option? Perhaps "Terrain Avoidance" or "Maintain Ground Clearance" would be a better term for it.
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 14:13
Can you get the DAT file and Vision log of that particular flight and upload to Dropbox then post the link here.

My last two very short flights. Both with issues.

http://uptobox.com/dst2uk9inqty

I have also synced the dji go app
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 02:55
This is the location i fly over all the time and i'm getting the issue. As you can see it's not monochrome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T91PXMY4xcc

If you can please download the DAT file and Vision log from that flight and upload it to Dropbox and provide the link and your email.
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-4 07:08
If you can please download the DAT file and Vision log from that flight and upload it to Dropbox and provide the link and your email.

GHomewood@hotmail.com

I have also synced the dji go app
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 04:58

I am not familiar with UPTOBOX, where is the link to download, I only see 2 links at the bottom of the page but they say MP4 and video.

If you can upload to Dropbox that would be great.
Also, what is your email.
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-4 07:12
I am not familiar with UPTOBOX, where is the link to download, I only see 2 links at the bottom of the page but they say MP4 and video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/899icg ... 4_12-52-33.DAT?dl=0

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, I have the information and forwarded it on to R&D.Also, can you please add the Vision module file tp the Dropbox link.
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-4 04:08
For those having this issue, I may have a better alternative to disabling VPS altogether. I discovered today that disabling the "Landing Protection" actually disables the Mavic's downward obstacle avoidance, while still keeping VPS enabled for enhanced flight stability. With Landing Protection disabled, I was able to fly my Mavic extremely close to the ground without it ascending or pausing. Literally an inch or two above the ground. I also tested letting the Mavic hover, and then placing my hand directly underneath it. The Mavic didn't budge. Normally this would result in the Mavic shooting upwards, as many people have discovered while trying to hand catch it. Also, with this option disabled, the Mavic no longer pauses at 0.5m when you tell it to descend. It will continue to descend until you stop the input, or until it hits the ground.

Of course, this is still just a temporary workaround until the software or hardware is fixed. Also, I've never experienced this issue of my Mavic not wanting to descend, so I can't say for sure if my workaround will work, but it sure seems like it should.

I am definitely going to try this if we ever get a dry day around here.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 07:09

Your last flight was 5:42 seconds. What minute and second marks did the altitude changes occur.
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if there is any correlation to time of day for these issues?    Or light levels?   Could the VPS be toggling on and off due to light conditions and causing itself confusion?     I mostly fly after work which for the past couple weeks means twilight.  
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 08:50
I wonder if there is any correlation to time of day for these issues?    Or light levels?   Could the VPS be toggling on and off due to light conditions and causing itself confusion?     I mostly fly after work which for the past couple weeks means twilight.

The sensors are effected at night time although mine has no issues at night.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 08:50

I tested today at lunchtime in bright sunlight, and the issue occurred twice.  I've also had flights where it occurred in evening light (still fairly bright, but just before sundown).

Doesn't seem to be any correlation between light level and the issue in my experience of this problem.
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-4 08:08
Thank you, I have the information and forwarded it on to R&D.Also, can you please add the Vision module file tp the Dropbox link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78wcrq ... 104_174026.jpg?dl=0

as you can see i have no vision files

2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 09:35
?dl=0

When you look at the flight records a Vision Module file is created for each flight.
You don't see any vision files from the flight ?
Capture.JPG
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-4 09:53
When you look at the flight records a Vision Module file is created for each flight.
You don't see any vision files from the flight ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v41ieb ... 104_180722.jpg?dl=0

New dat file with last two flights.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/60bfse ... 4_17-46-53.DAT?dl=0
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 10:02
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v41iebify6v342x/20170104_180722.jpg?dl=0

I see, and you have the VPS enabled ?
If not can you enable it and take a quick flight so the engineers can see the log of the Vision system.
If you've already calibrating the sensors, restoring to factory defaults, refreshed the firmware, then it may need to come if for evaluation.
2017-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

For what it's worth, as you know I've been having the VPS issues like many on here so I decided to try litchi app. I flew 3 batteries with zero issues, this leads me to believe that the problems not hardware related, so there should be an update to fix this issue soon.
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-4 11:20
For what it's worth, as you know I've been having the VPS issues like many on here so I decided to try litchi app. I flew 3 batteries with zero issues, this leads me to believe that the problems not hardware related, so there should be an update to fix this issue soon.

Strongly considering the Litchi app myself.     Very heartening to find out that it fixed your issues.   You were essentially having the same problems correct?    No response to descend command,   Holding down on stick would make it enter auto land instead of just descending, and drifting upwards sometimes when it started acting funny with the first two items ?
2017-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 11:48
Strongly considering the Litchi app myself.     Very heartening to find out that it fixed your issues.   You were essentially having the same problems correct?    No response to descend command,   Holding down on stick would make it enter auto land instead of just descending, and drifting upwards sometimes when it started acting funny with the first two items ?

Same problems as you, exactly. They didn't start till I started using DJI go 4. I also tried using the old DJI go 3 app but it would no longer connect. So I tried litchi and it flys like it did when I First received the mavic in early November.
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I'll be downloading Litchi.     Seems like a good alternative until DJI fixes this.    I've been severely restricting my flights (and fun) since this issue started cropping up.   
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-4 10:43
I see, and you have the VPS enabled ?
If not can you enable it and take a quick flight so the engineers can see the log of the Vision system.
If you've already calibrating the sensors, restoring to factory defaults, refreshed the firmware, then it may need to come if for evaluation.

Yes I have VPS enabled on all my flights.
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 11:48

In the DJI assistant app do you see Vision Module Files? in your flight logs
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can everyone that is having issues open DJI assistant app. Do you see Vision Module Files? in your flight logs

As it seems I do not with VPS enabled

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v41ieb ... 104_180722.jpg?dl=0
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 12:32
In the DJI assistant app do you see Vision Module Files? in your flight logs

Yes they were there.   I uploaded them to drop box when DJI requested it around Christmas.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, I can see vision module files available for export in the assistant app.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 12:35
Can everyone that is having issues open DJI assistant app. Do you see Vision Module Files? in your flight logs

As it seems I do not with VPS enabled

Delete and reinstall the Assisantr2.
Take a quick flight and then connect and see if you see the Vision module file of that flight.
If not, something else is up with your aircraft.
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-4 15:02
Delete and reinstall the Assisantr2.
Take a quick flight and then connect and see if you see the Vision module file of that flight.
If not, something else is up with your aircraft.

Hi
I have deleted the dj assist app and also reinstalled firmware on both mavic and controller. I have also synced my dj go app on my phone.

This is a picture of the location i fly
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3zucc ... 105_121424.jpg?dl=0

This is what my dj assist app looks like
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6ewss ... 2012.33.11.png?dl=0

This is the top two flights from the dji assist app inc the one vision.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmeds7 ... 5_12-32-46.DAT?dl=0

Also everytime i turn the mavic on it creates a new flight? The issue is i don't have a vision log for the actual flight.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/be8vg4 ... 2012.45.27.png?dl=0
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-5 04:41
Hi
I have deleted the dj assist app and also reinstalled firmware on both mavic and controller. I have also synced my dj go app on my phone.

So it looks like there is a Vision log now being created.
You haven't flown yet right? The files in the screenshot are too small and just look like powering on/off.
2017-1-5
Use props
fans0bf3e514
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5409711 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the same issue. Did a VPS calibration and things seem to have cleared up (a few weeks ago). Went to fly it this morning and had the exact issue of the VPS thinking I was right next to the ground. Had to put it into landing mode for it to finally come down. Ever so slowly.

Link to Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cspcs ... JFk3ZS1B4uRgla?dl=0
2017-1-5
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Everyone having VPS problems just download and use litchi instead of DJI go. It can do everything DJI go can do and a lot more, also it uses google maps instead of that disastrous here maps.dji makes great hardware, software? Not so much.....
2017-1-5
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-5 08:00
So it looks like there is a Vision log now being created.
You haven't flown yet right? The files in the screenshot are too small and just look like powering on/off.

Yes I did fly for 5 mins only. Its the Flight that is missing the visual module file for some reason? Seems that everytime I have the issue I don't get a visual module file.

This flight had the issue straight away so I landed and turned the drone off.

Please check my flight logs in dji go app that I have synced.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-5 09:04
Yes I did fly for 5 mins only. Its the Flight that is missing the visual module file for some reason? Seems that everytime I have the issue I don't get a visual module file.

This flight had the issue straight away so I landed and turned the drone off.

The flight is 3 minutes, what minute & second mark do you want me to look at.
2017-1-5
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

sounds like you have to send it in and record a video explaining the problem to them, they would double check your flight log from the dji cloud you upload and the one with the craft which the craft has 1 gig of memory, I know it has a hidden storage in it and they would compare the two if they see that there is a problem you are cover by the warranty... I had to send my craft to Holland because I got an ESC Error and it was because of the folding frontal arm the cable was from the manufacture with a couple of millimeters longer and it was kinking and bending the cable.. They fix it under the 1 year warranty you get form your sales if it is bought in Europe I think you get 2 years warranty I don't know if it goes that way or its just 1 year warranty..... But they would see if it is pilot error or manufacture malfunction..
2017-1-5
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-5 10:13
The flight is 3 minutes, what minute & second mark do you want me to look at.

30 seconds in it says "Descending. Exiting visual avoidance system". This is where it's screwed up
2017-1-5
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-5 11:14
30 seconds in it says "Descending. Exiting visual avoidance system". This is where it's screwed up

Here is what is happening in my opinion:     You are getting the VPS glitch that makes it think it's close to the ground.    Your left control stick down then no longer commands the craft to descend, instead it puts it into auto-land mode.    Once in auto-land mode it disables visual avoidance in order to land.     
2017-1-5
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-5 11:21
Here is what is happening in my opinion:     You are getting the VPS glitch that makes it think it's close to the ground.    Your left control stick down then no longer commands the craft to descend, instead it puts it into auto-land mode.    Once in auto-land mode it disables visual avoidance in order to land.

The strange thing is.....
Where are my visual module files?......

As you can see it had vps on then it exited.
2017-1-5
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-5 11:41
The strange thing is.....
Where are my visual module files?......

That I don't know.   Very strange.

Have you tried downgrading your firmware back to factory and then upgrading it back to most recent?    Of course I'm not a DJI support person so I don't know if this is good advice, but it's something I might try on my own if I was having problems like that.     

2017-1-5
Use props
Dragonfly Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5409711 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice to know if it is a hardware or software issue. But like it is now I can not trust it on the jobsite.
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules