barometer error
12Next >
9522 60 2016-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maher
New

France

Hello after a requested update my phantom displays a barometer error. How to go back to the previous version?
2016-12-26
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

What firmware are you using
2016-12-26
Use props
cris1990
lvl.1

Chile

hello i have the same error, my firmware is 1.7.90
2016-12-26
Use props
fans841b3313
New

Australia

Same here 1.7.90.

Only got this on Christmas Eve, it has never flown. After I switched it on for the first time I got a message to uggrade the firmware.

Been on to DJI Support and they say I can't roll back the firmware and they are going to replace the machine. Not the best start!
2016-12-26
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Yeah ever since 1.7.9 you are no longer able to rollback the software (stupid of you ask me). Have you tried an IMU Calibration?
2016-12-26
Use props
cris1990
lvl.1

Chile

i downgrade to 1.6.8 , but  not working , and i try IMU calibration , and again not working
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We're working on this case now and would like to help you with the issue, may I have your e-mail address, please?
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans841b3313 Posted at 2016-12-27 07:14
Same here 1.7.90.

Only got this on Christmas Eve, it has never flown. After I switched it on for the first time I got a message to uggrade the firmware.

We're working on this case now, may I have you e-mail address? we'll send you a file for upgrading it again.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cris1990 Posted at 2016-12-27 09:45
i downgrade to 1.6.8 , but  not working  , and i try IMU calibration , and again not working

Sorry for the issue, we're working on this case, please leave me your e-mail address, we'll send you an file for upgrading again.
2016-12-27
Use props
PaulLGH
New
France

Same problem here, My email address is ******
Best Regards.
2016-12-27
Use props
cris1990
lvl.1

Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 09:06
Sorry for the issue, we're working on this case, please leave me your e-mail address, we'll send you an file for upgrading again.

my e-mail ******  
2016-12-27
Use props
maher
New

France

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 13:06

2016-12-27
Use props
fans57c74c01
New

Mexico

Another one with the same problem when upgrading to 1.7.9.

My mail:
2016-12-27
Use props
fans841b3313
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-27 23:05
We're working on this case now, may I have you e-mail address? we'll send you a file for upgrading it again.

Email address is is ******
2016-12-27
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

geez DJI..please hide all these peoples emails - spam sucks!!  and please find a better method for upgrades/downgrades in general..most peoples drama comes from this issue!! Post a link here on the topic or on the new P3S forum..I've had good results with 1.7.9 but might want to downgrade after your next update..Happy flier but 90% of forum drama is on firmware issues. cheers D
2016-12-27
Use props
RSH
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here. Email address sent to personal address.
2016-12-27
Use props
RSH
lvl.1

United States

Email is *****
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

proimages Posted at 2016-12-28 09:07
geez DJI..please hide all these peoples emails - spam sucks!!  and please find a better method for upgrades/downgrades in general..most peoples drama comes from this issue!! Post a link here on the topic or on the new P3S forum..I've had good results with 1.7.9 but might want to downgrade after your next update..Happy flier but 90% of forum drama is on firmware issues. cheers D

We've sent e-mails to all above who're faced with the issue, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We hide all e-mails as well, thanks for your support!
2016-12-27
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

proimages Posted at 2016-12-28 09:07

The better method has always been to upgrade via SD card instead of having to rely on a dodgy wifi connection managed by an equally dodgy app running alongside a dozen or more background processes on a phone or tablet. Don't even try to tell me that "maybe not everyone has access to the internet and a pc"

I have never had trouble using apk versions to upgrade my other drones firmware and if there was ever a problem with my copy, the error checking always worked.... And then for seemingly no valid reason, DJI arbitrarily decided to disable downgrading via removable media.

I'll never update my P3s unless DJI changes it's upgrading protocol.        
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-28 10:15
The better method has always been to upgrade via SD card instead of having to rely on a dodgy wifi connection managed by an equally dodgy app running alongside a dozen or more background processes on a phone or tablet. Don't even try to tell me that "maybe not everyone has access to the internet and a pc"

I have never had trouble using apk versions to upgrade my other drones firmware and if there was ever a problem with my copy the error checking always worked.... And then for seemingly no valid reason, DJI arbitrarily decided to disable updating via removable media.

The upgrading methods are different for Aircrafts, P3S should be upgraded through APP instead of SD card.
2016-12-27
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 11:24
The upgrading methods are different for Aircrafts, P3S should be upgraded through APP instead of SD card.

Thank you Natalia for your reminder but my opinion will not be swayed.
My P3s was delivered with the most current firmware already installed. It does work magnificently but in light of the recent trend of upgrade failures and issues resulting from the upgrade, I elect to postpone any further upgrading on my part until DJI provides active support for alternative methods to perform upgrades and release a video walk through on how to recover lost or malfunctioning features that have resulted from a bad upgrade.
2016-12-27
Use props
fans841b3313
New

Australia

Well I do have to say, despite my initial disappointment with the problems I encountered with my new toy, the support from DJI has been fantastic.

I am new to the drone world, but not flying. When I was given my P3S as a birthday present I could not believe it when I had issues with the firmware upgrade on the first day. Someone said you do not need to upgrade but I let Microsoft upgrade my Win 10 machine, I allow Samsung to upgrade my phone, my Virus Scanner, Malware scanner, my LG TV's, my PayTV boxes are all updated automatically my Linux machine in the garage is updated by me almost daily. I have never been wary of updates but I must say I am a bit gun shy now with the drone.

I read with interest some of the comments on this post  and I received by email a link to a new Firmware version 1.07.0094 yesterday (which I didn't see until today). After additional contact with DJI the aircraft is back to where it was on the 24th, upgraded on the SD  card. I still haven't flown it yet as one of the things I got from this forum was that I should do a little research before I fly it and not become one of the 64%.

So despite the issues I had, I am very happy with the support from DJI .... thank you very much DJI and especially to Caroline for your prompt replies to my emails....
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans841b3313 Posted at 2016-12-28 17:27
Well I do have to say, despite my initial disappointment with the problems I encountered with my new toy, the support from DJI has been fantastic.

I am new to the drone world, but not flying. When I was given my P3S as a birthday present I could not believe it when I had issues with the firmware upgrade on the first day. Someone said you do not need to upgrade but I let Microsoft upgrade my Win 10 machine, I allow Samsung to upgrade my phone, my Virus Scanner, Malware scanner, my LG TV's, my PayTV boxes are all updated automatically my Linux machine in the garage is updated by me almost daily. I have never been wary of updates but I must say I am a bit gun shy now with the drone.

Thanks so much for your feedback, glad to hear it's working finally.
Enjoy your aircraft and feel free to contact us for any further questions.
2016-12-28
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

fans841b3313 Posted at 2016-12-28 17:27

By any chance, did that download link come in an email from DJI?
2016-12-28
Use props
adrianlopez418
New

United States

I'm also having trouble just got my phantom 3 standard and it says barometer error it still has never ever flown off the ground what should I do
2016-12-28
Use props
adrianlopez418
New

United States

Should I just return the product or is there a fix to this
2016-12-28
Use props
fans841b3313
New

Australia

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-29 02:54
By any chance, did that download link come in an email from DJI?

Yes, it came in as a link attached in an email
2016-12-28
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

fans841b3313 Posted at 2016-12-29 05:28
Yes, it came in as a link attached in an email

No big deal, it's probably just 1.7.90 re-provisioned as 1.7.94 so you can install it. A nice gesture from DJI just the same. Must have been really frantic for them after all the Christmas morning update fails. Did you have to open a ticket first or did they include the link in the acknowledgement email?  
2016-12-28
Use props
RSH
lvl.1

United States

Worked for us, thank you.
2016-12-28
Use props
RSH
lvl.1

United States

adrianlopez418 Posted at 2016-12-28 15:57
Should I just return the product or is there a fix to this

I would be happy to forward to you but best to post your email address to DJI because they will delete it and send the fix to you directly.
2016-12-28
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

RSH Posted at 2016-12-29 06:01
I would be happy to forward to you but best to post your email address to DJI because they will delete it and send the fix to you directly.

I doubt that DJI can see any PMs. Could you PM the link to me for a "just in case" scenario?
TIA
2016-12-28
Use props
fans841b3313
New

Australia

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-29 08:50
No big deal, it's probably just 1.7.90 re-provisioned as 1.7.94 so you can install it. A nice gesture from DJI just the same. Must have been really frantic for them after all the Christmas morning update fails. Did you have to open a ticket first or did they include the link in the acknowledgement email?

I did open a ticket and the initial action was that DJI were going to replace it (It was bought on line from DJI)

The fix was sent to me as a result of this post I believe, but I also got an email from the support people last night detailing the fix, so I guess the answer is both.

Anyway was going to try and fly it today but we have 42C degrees today so I am not going out in that
2016-12-28
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

fans841b3313 Posted at 2016-12-29 11:44
I did open a ticket and the initial action was that DJI were going to replace it (It was bought on line from DJI)

The fix was sent to me as a result of this post I believe, but I also got an email from the support people last night detailing the fix, so I guess the answer is both.

Yep, a bit warm.
2016-12-28
Use props
Hornet9
New

United States

I have the same barometer error after upgrading to 1.7.90.  Talked to DJI support and they told me I would have to wait for the next firmware version.  I would like to try the file as well.  Email: *******
2016-12-29
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-27 20:12
Thank you Natalia for your reminder but my opinion will not be swayed.
My P3s was delivered with the most current firmware already installed. It does work magnificently but in light of the recent trend of upgrade failures and issues resulting from the upgrade, I elect to postpone any further upgrading on my part until DJI provides active support for alternative methods to perform upgrades and release a video walk through on how to recover lost or malfunctioning features that have resulted from a bad upgrade.

I too am running 1.7.9 after upgrade of new Standard. Have had several successful (knock on wood) cold weather flights with app 3.0.1 and Litchi. That said, I agree that the wifi upgrade is more than a bit daunting especially if new to drones, flying and or computer related issues. I too am wary of upgrading this way.
That said, if use of sd card fw upgrade technique, how is the tx upgraded during this process? ON during the process? After p3 is updated when turned on?
Thanks and good flying.
2016-12-29
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2016-12-29 10:04
I too am running 1.7.9 after upgrade of new Standard. Have had several successful (knock on wood) cold weather flights with app 3.0.1 and Litchi. That said, I agree that the wifi upgrade is more than a bit daunting especially if new to drones, flying and or computer related issues. I too am wary of upgrading this way.
That said, if use of sd card fw upgrade technique, how is the tx upgraded during this process? ON during the process? After p3 is updated when turned on?
Thanks and good flying.

Thanks to Microcyb, they did all of the typing.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=4#pid624195
2016-12-29
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
United States

He forgot one key point, not disturbing anything during the process: make certain when you are doing this, have the phone, remote and drone positioned stationary out of a traffic area and close to your wifi router. And it's also good to have air circulating around the drone.
2016-12-29
Use props
Pookie_Drone
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 3 Standard - I experienced the same barometer error after the firmware upgrade early this week.  I sent an email to support@dji.com with a brief description of what occurred and actions taken by me.  The DJI system responded immediately by opening a support ticket and sending me the ticket ID.  Gretchen on the DJI support team responded today (2 day turn-around) with clear instructions and a link to download the BIN file containing an upgrade via PC to USB port on the Gimbal.  This certainly is a much more efficient method (v. WIFI) receiving the upgrade and now everything check outs normally and I was able to arm the motors.  Looking forward to Friday.  Thank you DJI team during a busy season.
2016-12-29
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-29 11:26
Thanks to Microcyb, they did all of the typing.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77601&page=4#pid624195

thanks, read that, but have question/issue regarding step 9 and ten. Having switched to the home wifi for download, dont you have to switch back to p3 wifi for downloaded update to aircraft and controller? Didnt see it mentioned in his last steps.
2016-12-30
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2016-12-30 06:35
thanks, read that, but have question/issue regarding step 9 and ten. Having switched to the home wifi for download, dont you have to switch back to p3 wifi for downloaded update to aircraft and controller? Didnt see it mentioned in his last steps.

Yup, I was going to mention that to Microcyb.
2016-12-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules