Aircraft Version Unknown
123Next >
10377 102 2016-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pauken
New

Australia

Brand new; out of the box; 3 beginners mode flights. iPhone 6 with DJI App Version 3.1.1 and strong wi-fi connection to Phantom 3 Std. Status is "Normal" but 2 days ago told me to update - which I didn't do. The App About says Aircraft Version Unknown so obviously it doesn't know if it needs to update or not! Have tried connecting many times. Rebooted the phone; relaunched the App; started Phantom with 2 different batteries. No Change! How do I find out what version the Phantom is running? I gather the Std must be upgraded through the App so how can I upgrade to current version - and what is it?
2016-12-27
Use props
Gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Is the app the only thing that is on when you are looking at the "About" screen?   You need to have the Remote controller and the Phantom powered on so the app can detect what versions are installed.

Bookmark this page:  Downloads  You can find the latest firmware updates and download yourself a copy of the manuals.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This issue is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon.
The aircraft functions properly, please do not worry about it.
2016-12-28
Use props
Pauken
New

Australia

Gil Posted at 2016-12-28 16:30
Is the app the only thing that is on when you are looking at the "About" screen?   You need to have the Remote controller and the Phantom powered on so the app can detect what versions are installed.

Bookmark this page:  Downloads  You can find the latest firmware updates and download yourself a copy of the manuals.

Yes Gil. Everything is on. The RC serial number is displayed, for example.
2016-12-28
Use props
Pauken
New

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 17:02

Thanks Natalia. Good to know there is a logical reason which doesn't involve me being wrong!
2016-12-28
Use props
fansbc434456
lvl.4
Denmark

had the same problem but it seems to be fixed by dji as now i can see what firmware is in the aircraft
2016-12-28
Use props
peaking
lvl.3

Australia

fansbc434456 Posted at 2016-12-28 16:26
had the same problem but it seems to be fixed by dji as now i can see what firmware is in the aircraft

i still can't
2016-12-29
Use props
Brocko17
New

Australia

I have the same problem. I keep loosing rc signal at about 50 mtrs, from what i have read , people say downgrade the firmware , but when i click on the hat in the top right cnr  it doesn't give that option.. it says " get firmware version failed" and current version unknown.. If someone could please assist would be much appreciative...
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Brocko17 Posted at 2016-12-29 19:07
I have the same problem. I keep loosing rc signal at about 50 mtrs, from what i have read , people say downgrade the firmware , but when i click on the hat in the top right cnr  it doesn't give that option.. it says " get firmware version failed" and current version unknown.. If someone could please assist would be much appreciative...

You're not able to downgrade P3S firmware. Just to clarify, did you notice the range issue after a firmware update or right out of the box?
2016-12-29
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

I've been seeing version unknown on my brand new just out of the box for 2-3 days now.  No idea what version it has.  
2016-12-30
Use props
Jeepinjosh
lvl.1

United States

I also just received a new P3S and have "Version Unknown". I have no way to know what firmware it has.
2016-12-30
Use props
Brocko17
New

Australia

Straight out of the box
2016-12-30
Use props
Duff33
lvl.2
United States

I had returned a P3S for this issue only to find the new one also has this issue.  I had updated the firmware from sd card only to have more issues afterwards.  I have not done it on the new one yet. Is there any word on when this will be resolved.
2016-12-30
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

Duff, same here.  My first one I updated via SD card at the direction of DJI support.  So it seems they have no clue whats up or they aren't all on the same page.  I exchanged it at Best Buy and same issue on the replacement.
2016-12-30
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem.  The PS3, isn't showing the firmware version.  It states, "unknown version" and hasn't prompted me to update the firmware.  I just received this for xmas.  Is this a known issue with DJI and something they are working on?
2016-12-30
Use props
fansfa9bcfdb
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 01:02

Is it safe to fly with this message being displayed in the app?
2016-12-30
Use props
fansbc434456
lvl.4
Denmark

try to uninstall the dji app and empty the cache and redownload and install the app again
2016-12-30
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

fansbc434456 Posted at 2016-12-30 21:38
try to uninstall the dji app and empty the cache and redownload and install the app again

Uninstalling/reinstalling the app does not help.  Nor does reformatting the SD card..
2016-12-31
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

fansbc434456 Posted at 2016-12-30 21:38

I just tried this as well.  It does not work.  
2016-12-31
Use props
smgneavitt
New

United States

Same problem. Brand new out of box.
2016-12-31
Use props
Rgb2448
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1066795 ft
United States

Mine has the same problem with firmware showing n/a . I took it out today and it flew great and everything worked like it suppose to. I was really impressed with the standard version.
2016-12-31
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

Anyone Find a workaround for this?  Frustrating not getting any support for this.  I tried calling support number but their off for the holidays.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Duff33 Posted at 2016-12-30 16:58
I had returned a P3S for this issue only to find the new one also has this issue.  I had updated the firmware from sd card only to have more issues afterwards.  I have not done it on the new one yet. Is there any word on when this will be resolved.

Sorry to hear about that, what is the current firmware for your aircraft now? It's working fine or not?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2016-12-30 17:03
Duff, same here.  My first one I updated via SD card at the direction of DJI support.  So it seems they have no clue whats up or they aren't all on the same page.  I exchanged it at Best Buy and same issue on the replacement.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, would you please describe it in detail and we'd love to try our best to help you with the problem.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansfa9bcfdb Posted at 2016-12-30 21:31

The image transmission is fine and no other error messages popping out when connecting all devices properly, right?
If only the version shows unknown, please do not worry about it, the aircraft performance is still fine.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-1 18:07
Anyone Find a workaround for this?  Frustrating not getting any support for this.  I tried calling support number but their off for the holidays.

If the aircraft functions fine, please do not worry about that.
The unknown firmware version or incorrect version on the APP is caused by server reconfiguration and will be fixed soon.
2017-1-2
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

fansfa9bcfdb Posted at 2016-12-30 21:31

Yes if that is the only message and no other warnings.

I found my Samsung tablet wouldn't report the version info but my Galaxy S5 does.
Can you borrow someone elses phone just to try ?   I wouldn't worry about it if the Phantom is flying ok ignore it.   
You only need to know the Firmware version if you want to upgrade or fault find.
2017-1-2
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 00:00
Sorry to hear about that, what is the current firmware for your aircraft now? It's working fine or not?

Really? this is the point. We have no idea what version.  I'm on my 2nd unit that states aircraft version unknown.

Define soon please.  I think most of us who recently purchased drones would like the reassurance that we will be able to upgrade firmware if needed.  I know people are saying they are ok to fly, and we did yesterday, but it seems quite odd that we have to communicate with a server just to see the current version of firmware.

Why isn't this server issue known by all your support agents?  I talked to support and wasted nearly 3 hours and he mentioned nothing about a server reconfiguration and in fact bricked the first P3S I had by having me try a manual firmware update.  Luckily Best Buy had some in stock so I exchanged it, but the 2nd one also says version unknown.

Thanks.
2017-1-2
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2017-1-2 06:05
Really? this is the point. We have no idea what version.  I'm on my 2nd unit that states aircraft version unknown.

Define soon please.  I think most of us who recently purchased drones would like the reassurance that we will be able to upgrade firmware if needed.  I know people are saying they are ok to fly, and we did yesterday, but it seems quite odd that we have to communicate with a server just to see the current version of firmware.

First, I have never heard any anybody complaining they are having problems because they are running older firmware. Although I have heard of some complaining they upgraded their Phantom and now it no longer works. So be careful for what you wish for.
2017-1-2
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

It was the same for me when I unboxed it and it flew normally but after I updated it to 1.9.6.0 it showed both the aircraft and the remote controller version in About menu
2017-1-2
Use props
Duff33
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-2 00:00

I have no idea what firmware is currently on the aircraft. I have not attempted to update on the newest one for fear of creating more issues. I have not been able to try and fly yet due to weather not been nice enough.
2017-1-2
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-2 06:39
First, I have never heard any anybody complaining they are having problems because they are running older firmware. Although I have heard of some complaining they upgraded their Phantom and now it no longer works. So be careful for what you wish for.

Not really wishing for an update but want to know I can and don't have a craft stuck on the out of box version.  Being this is my first DJI I have no idea what to expect.  So far my opinion of support is not very good.  The person I talked to didn't seem to knowledge and certainly wasn't in the know here.  Also took several minutes to reply each time in the chat.
2017-1-2
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

So another Support person From DJI told me on Facebook that you can use the Downgrade Procedures found here http://forum.dji.com/thread-52777-1-1.html  and download the v1.07.9 Firmware.   Same as Upgrading manually.
So I upgraded using the downgrade method,  and had a Persistant RC Signal Loss Error.  I tried every way possible I could find to force a relink.   I could see video fine, just nothing out of the controller.

So I downgraded back to v1.06.8, and now I have a Main Controller Data Error, saying there is issues with the Barometer.   

Im going to attempt to upgrade back to 1.07.9 and try again.   Ive read so many places now that DJI is the worst for Firmware updates and the bugs.  I should of just left it alone and dealt with the choppy video.
2017-1-2
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2017-1-2 07:01
Not really wishing for an update but want to know I can and don't have a craft stuck on the out of box version.  Being this is my first DJI I have no idea what to expect.  So far my opinion of support is not very good.  The person I talked to didn't seem to knowledge and certainly wasn't in the know here.  Also took several minutes to reply each time in the chat.

I don't believe anybody from DJI will tell you this, but from the pilots here with a lot of experience will generally tell you to *not* update the firmware until you have flown it first and make sure everything works as it should. If you update first, no telling if the update screwed something up or not. Then there is another group of experienced pilots will tell you don't fix something that ain't broke. Meaning if it works wonderfully with the firmware it has, don't mess with it.

FIRMWARE VERSION UNKNOWN: I don't know if you seen this yet. But DJI servers are having problems lately reporting the firmware version you are running and reports unknown version. Once they correct this on their end, it should be reporting fine.
2017-1-2
Use props
Duff33
lvl.2
United States

Furyswrath Posted at 2017-1-2 07:10
So another Support person From DJI told me on Facebook that you can use the Downgrade Procedures found here http://forum.dji.com/thread-52777-1-1.html  and download the v1.07.9 Firmware.   Same as Upgrading manually.
So I upgraded using the downgrade method,  and had a Persistant RC Signal Loss Error.  I tried every way possible I could find to force a relink.   I could see video fine, just nothing out of the controller.

That is the same issues I was having on the previous 2 aircraft that were having this issue.  I received the same errors, that is why I have not attempted to upgrade the newest one yet.  I did see the thread below was addressing the barometer error.  From comments in the thread it has been taking care of the error.  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77680
2017-1-2
Use props
Furyswrath
lvl.1

United States

Duff33 Posted at 2017-1-2 09:50
That is the same issues I was having on the previous 2 aircraft that were having this issue.  I received the same errors, that is why I have not attempted to upgrade the newest one yet.  I did see the thread below was addressing the barometer error.  From comments in the thread it has been taking care of the error.  http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77680

Ok Got the Barometer Fixed with the P3C_FW_V01.07.0094 Download I Found.  But now im back to the NO RC Signal Debacle.  

Video Works Fine

Everything Seems to Status.

Ive tried both the Automated Linking the RC via the APP.  and Ive tried doing the Flip the S2 Switch Multiple times with the Gimbal Dial in the Down position and it beeps several times, and then stops and still same thing.
2017-1-2
Use props
fans5a4c4c9e
lvl.1

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-2 09:01
I don't believe anybody from DJI will tell you this, but from the pilots here with a lot of experience will generally tell you to *not* update the firmware until you have flown it first and make sure everything works as it should. If you update first, no telling if the update screwed something up or not. Then there is another group of experienced pilots will tell you don't fix something that ain't broke. Meaning if it works wonderfully with the firmware it has, don't mess with it.

FIRMWARE VERSION UNKNOWN: I don't know if you seen this yet. But DJI servers are having problems lately reporting the firmware version you are running and reports unknown version. Once they correct this on their end, it should be reporting fine.

To me it seems dumb to need a call to a server to determine the current version of software.  To update obviously but makes no sense for reporting current version.

I typically agree with ain't broke don't fix, but I have no idea what version I have.  We had a great test flight yesterday so will wait out their server issue.
2017-1-2
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2017-1-2 10:21
To me it seems dumb to need a call to a server to determine the current version of software.  To update obviously but makes no sense for reporting current version.

I typically agree with ain't broke don't fix, but I have no idea what version I have.  We had a great test flight yesterday so will wait out their server issue.

OK, I am having the same challenge, version unknown, right out of the box.  I was NEVER prompted to update the firmware on the device when first launching the DJI GO app.  I still haven't been notified via the app of any firmware update availability.  I highly doubt that I am running the latest firmware, right out of the box.  

Have you been prompted with a firmware update message via the app?  Has anyone having the version unknown error been prompted for a firmware update?  
2017-1-2
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-2 09:01

Do you know if the Version Unknown error will prevent one from getting prompted for a firmware update?  Mine is out of the box and that error appears.  I have flown mine and it works extremely well.  I normally wouldn't update firmware unless I'm having some type of challenge OR if there is a significant feature that is getting updated.  Does the battery get updated with the aircraft firmware through the DJI app for the standard version?  I imagine I am on a really old firmware version.
2017-1-2
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

fans5a4c4c9e Posted at 2017-1-2 10:21

Yeah well... the server thing. You'll get no argument from me.
2017-1-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules