Why can't I start the motors?? (see pic)
2859 13 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

What the heck?
Going to "P-OPTI" button and clicking on it (Android App) brings up the screen that says, "MC Settings" at the top, but there certainly isn't an "Unlock Motors" option there.

Any ideas?

"Unlock Motors"??

"Unlock Motors"??
2015-2-14
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

i have looked at my mc settings and there is not a "Unlock motors" either.. have you tried reseting all settings?

Andi Christiansen
2015-2-14
Use props
rutchmann
lvl.1

United States

did you change your transmitter mode recently by any chance?
2015-2-14
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

Yes, reset all settings.
No, haven't changed the transmitter mode at all.
Also, motors won't start without the tablet attached, which they should.
2015-2-14
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

bind your Transmitter...
2015-2-14
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

No, no, no... it's not a transmitter issue. Please don't offer advice unless you definitively know or have a good huntch (that makes sense) as to what the issue could be. My transmitter was connected. I do my due dilligence prior to asking for troubleshooting help. Unfortunately the search index for DJI forums is complete @$$.

Okay, here's what the issue was.
1. Updated tablet to most recent DJI Android App (1.0.6)
2. Updated firmware from 1.0.2.14 to 1.0.2.16 on bird - stalled out. After waiting 1.5 hours I finally pwr cycl'd the bird. When it came back up it said it was the "Newest Firmware" within the app.
3. Updated transmitter/controller with USB thumb drive using 1.0.2.16. Took just fine - green LED afterwards.

Turns out the 1.0.6 DJI Pilot app DOES NOT have the "unlock motors" option, ANYWHERE. Some how these idiots removed it. Nice. Give me a warning to unlock the motors before restarting motors, direct me to MC Settings, but take that option away. Dolts.

Luckily I still had DJI Pilot 1.0.0.1 on my Galaxy S4 phone. Connected with that and found the "unlock motors" option within the MC Settings.
Posting my results so when someone else inevitably experiences the same thing I did they figure out how to work around it. Just hope you have an Android capable of backing up .apk files (rooted) so you can keep all the different versions of the DJI Pilot app in case these idiots remove a critical option like this again in the future.

Going forward I will be backing up each prior version of the DJI Pilot app for Android (in 3 different locations) just in case.
2015-2-14
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

armyturtle Posted at 2015-2-15 07:26
No, no, no... it's not a transmitter issue. Please don't offer advice unless you definitively know o ...

please don't get me wrong - if so, I'm sorry about.
But in your printscreen it say "No Signal" wich is normaly caused by either turned off or not binded Transmitter...;-)
2015-2-15
Use props
ervin
New

Croatia

I have the same problem!
After updating to new firmware I cant start motors because warning "Tap "MC setting" -> "Unlock motors" before restarting the motors.

I have:
1. Updated firmware from to 1.0.2.16 on Inspire 1.
2. Updated transmitter/controller with USB cable using 1.0.2.16., green LED afterwards OK.
After restart it says "Newest Firmware" within the app.

I tried to start the motors but instead of staring it says warning "Tap "MC setting" -> "Unlock motors" before restarting the motors.

How can I unlock motors if I do not have old Androidn APP. I am using newest APP 1.0.6.

armyturtle did you fix the problem and unlock motors with old Android APP 1.0.0.1?

Please can you send it  

2015-2-17
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

WOW. Just WOW.  Good find ArmyTurtle. This is one of the most epic fails we've seen so far with DJI...
2015-2-17
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Try left stick down to the right together with right stick down to the left. Do not do this when flying, bird will drop from the sky!
2015-3-11
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

armyturtle Posted at 2015-2-15 07:26
No, no, no... it's not a transmitter issue. Please don't offer advice unless you definitively know o ...

Can anyone please send me that old version of the android app also?

Thanks

Jack
2015-3-11
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

Man - sorry I didn't post on here again since I fixed the issue... but I say again... DJI's forum is complete @$$. I got NO notifications of new posts to this thread DESPITE THE FACT that I have it marked to notify me.

Anyhow, I uploaded the .apk to my Google Drive. Here's the link: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

FIRST uninstall your current version. You will need to go into your Anroid settings and check "Allow from unknown sources" since you're sideloading the DJI app.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3TBzlidHq7dcENaZ29SN09sU00/view?usp=sharing

Also to be perfectly clear, I used THIS version 1.0.0.1 (android) to get access to the "unlock motors" setting. I then removed 1.0.0.1 and updated to the latest DJI Pilot app. No issues since.

Bunch of dummies...
2015-3-11
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

armyturtle Posted at 2015-3-12 01:53
Man - sorry I didn't post on here again since I fixed the issue... but I say again... DJI's forum is ...

Thanks for the APK.....

Jack
2015-3-12
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Army turtle, I too have had several undesirable experiences with this product and I have been quite vocal about it, but at no time have I referred to any of the DJI staff with unkind insults. In my opinion DJI released this product too soon for whatever reason, I suspect capital outlay was to high and they needed to recover a bunch of money to satisfy there shareholders. But whatever the reason we bought it and now it's ours. So we need to keep letting DJI know what the issues are so that they can catch up.
2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules