Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible issue with my X5s?
12Next >
5014 70 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Im still waiting for all my batteries to arrive, but in the meantime is have 3 "test" flights. One with each lens I have (Oly 12,25,45) on the 25+45mm flights, I have noticed the left most 1/3 of the screen is... blurry, Like its defocused. Here is a link to a test flight from today with the 45mm:
(Play Full Screen)
I just got a resolution chart today, so im going to try and get that setup and see if I notice anything on that.
Any ideas? TY.
-Andre
2017-1-5
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see what you are talking about. To me, even the center of the image is not as sharp as the far right side is. If I had to guess, I would say there is an alignment issue between the sensor and bayonet mount.
2017-1-6
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

This looks pretty bad, hope i dont have this issue :-/
2017-1-6
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yeah that is bad.  You might have to send it back to DJI.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Yea, looking at photos... seems the sensor is not lined up. have some photos that the right is blurry while the left is sharp. DJI, care to comment on thoughts?
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI, Do I have to send my unit in for repair, or can I send my unit in for replacement? And if so, will it be a new unit or refurb? (if there are any yet lol)
Thank you,
-Andre
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 12:36
DJI, Do I have to send my unit in for repair, or can I send my unit in for replacement? And if so, will it be a new unit or refurb? (if there are any yet lol)
Thank you,
-Andre

Just to clarify, you only noticed this with the 25-45mm lens? Do you see this with the other lenses as well?
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 14:01
Just to clarify, you only noticed this with the 25-45mm lens? Do you see this with the other lenses as well?

Its hard to notice or its not anywhere as bad on the 12mm.... does that make a difference?
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 20:44
Its hard to notice or its not anywhere as bad on the 12mm.... does that make a difference?

I just wanted to see whether it could be an issue on how the lens is installed. Can you try taking off the lens and setting the focus to infinity? If it's still there and everything is clean, then it could be a sensor issue. If you have the stock 15mm DJI lens as well, that can confirm whether it's a lens or sensor error as well. Everything is up to date, correct?
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 20:47
I just wanted to see whether it could be an issue on how the lens is installed. Can you try taking off the lens and setting the focus to infinity? If it's still there and everything is clean, then it could be a sensor issue. If you have the stock 15mm DJI lens as well, that can confirm whether it's a lens or sensor error as well. Everything is up to date, correct?

Ill give it another go in the morning. To be honest, kind of upset with this whole situation... called tech support (after being on hold for over 1 hr, but that is the least of my issues) the rep tells me its either send EVERYTHING back to get everything replaced, or send my X5s in for repair. I should not have to send a $1900, 1 week old camera in for repair. has only had 3 flights. After spending $9k... I figured I should be able to get the camera replaced... but... I get it... that why there is the DJI care refresh.

Sorry im ranting... I just do not want to send this camera in for repair.. Knowing my luck.. the tech looking at it will say, "focuses to spec" and ship it back without touching anything.. and that will be after it being gone for a month or so. I have been there with this kind of issue with My first I1.

Im sorry, this is not towards you Jamie.... I just dont like DJI's way of "taking care of the customer"

ok, back to your recommendation...
I have verified install / mount of the lenses. I will try infinity and see how it comes out. but using auto focus is bad... so I have a feeling something is up with the camera.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 20:47

Also... there is word about "prototype" blades being sent out... I think my kit came with them. I asked the rep on the phone and course he had no idea what I was talking about.. he told me to send an e-mail to support.us.dji.com with pics of the props... and I guess i just wait for someone to e-mail back? he was not very helpful... its like he did not want to help me honestly.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 21:17
Also... there is word about "prototype" blades being sent out... I think my kit came with them. I asked the rep on the phone and course he had no idea what I was talking about.. he told me to send an e-mail to support.us.dji.com with pics of the props... and I guess i just wait for someone to e-mail back? he was not very helpful... its like he did not want to help me honestly.

If you want to provide a picture of how the underside of the prop looks, I can let you know if you're one of those cases. If you had successful flights with them thus far, you're most likely fine. Please try my previous advice when you can and keep me posted. I'd like to refrain from resorting to the worse case scenario (exchange/repair) if it can be avoided.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 21:31
If you want to provide a picture of how the underside of the prop looks, I can let you know if you're one of those cases. If you had successful flights with them thus far, you're most likely fine. Please try my previous advice when you can and keep me posted. I'd like to refrain from resorting to the worse case scenario (exchange/repair) if it can be avoided.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... m8/view?usp=sharing

Here is all 8 props, Thank you.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 21:45
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XALMi7UkDrUmhTd2lkYTgwUm8/view?usp=sharing

Here is all 8 props, Thank you.

You have the correct ones. You're good to go on that.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 21:53
You have the correct ones. You're good to go on that.

Ok, I guess I got confused. I was going Based off the information on this page... http://forum.dji.com/thread-78923-1-1.html

my white props dont click... they just stop. in that thread, I thought you said they should look different (white ones) because mine match up with the ones the OP has.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 21:58
Ok, I guess I got confused. I was going Based off the information on this page... http://forum.dji.com/thread-78923-1-1.html

my white props dont click... they just stop. in that thread, I thought you said they should look different (white ones) because mine match up with the ones the OP has.

Yea, unfortunately I found out that there was a bit of a mixup in information and I had clarified the mixup on Post #44.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 22:01
Yea, unfortunately I found out that there was a bit of a mixup in information and I had clarified the mixup on Post #44.

ok, cool, TY.
Last question before bedtime...
IF... (big if) I go with the Care refresh on the X5s... would it help me with this situation on this X5s for faster turn around?
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 22:09
ok, cool, TY.
Last question before bedtime...
IF... (big if) I go with the Care refresh on the X5s... would it help me with this situation on this X5s for faster turn around?

Well, since this would most likely be a warranty service, I do not believe the Care Refresh would be needed. Depending on what's the cause, you're likely get a replacement anyway. Right now the US facility is looking on a 1-2 week turnaround time depending on the issue. If you're local to California, then the shipping would be fast as well along with shipping assistance. Again, this would be a worse case scenario.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-6 22:12
Well, since this would most likely be a warranty service, I do not believe the Care Refresh would be needed. Depending on what's the cause, you're likely get a replacement anyway. Right now the US facility is looking on a 1-2 week turnaround time depending on the issue. If you're local to California, then the shipping would be fast as well along with shipping assistance. Again, this would be a worse case scenario.

Ok, Jamie, thank you. I will take one last look in the AM, time for bed. Night!
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-6 22:15
Ok, Jamie, thank you. I will take one last look in the AM, time for bed. Night!

Goodnight, Sir!
2017-1-6
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

So, ran some more test... no matter the lens or settings... (lens wide open is by far the worst)
Lenses to infinity, left side is out of focus. I have the Olympus EM1 MII... so I have verified all 4 lenses are good. I shipped it... I just hope they dont send it back without fixing it. My luck, they "wont find anything"

Thanks for your help Jamie!
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-7 19:23
So, ran some more test... no matter the lens or settings... (lens wide open is by far the worst)
Lenses to infinity, left side is out of focus. I have the Olympus EM1 MII... so I have verified all 4 lenses are good. I shipped it... I just hope they dont send it back without fixing it. My luck, they "wont find anything"

So after further digging, it does look like it is a sensor issue. The North American Support team will find the issue and work to get this addressed. You'll be up and running in no time.
2017-1-10
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 13:36
So after further digging, it does look like it is a sensor issue. The North American Support team will find the issue and work to get this addressed. You'll be up and running in no time.

Thank you for the follow up..
Is this a potentially known issue? Should people be looking for this? if there is any more information, im sure others would appreciate it.
Thank you
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-10 19:39
Thank you for the follow up..
Is this a potentially known issue? Should people be looking for this? if there is any more information, im sure others would appreciate it.
Thank you

This is the only camera sensor case that we've come across thus far. We'll definitely keep an eye out for any other possible cases.
2017-1-10
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 22:21
This is the only camera sensor case that we've come across thus far. We'll definitely keep an eye out for any other possible cases.

Jamie, would you be able to look at my case? I am a little confused.. the e-mail said its setup for replacement. But the rep on the phone said it had to go in for repair.
Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
I have a job coming up in the second week of next month, hopeful im able to get it back before then.

Case# CAS-397242-B3C5V6

Thank you
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-25 15:23
Jamie, would you be able to look at my case? I am a little confused.. the e-mail said its setup for replacement. But the rep on the phone said it had to go in for repair.
Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
I have a job coming up in the second week of next month, hopeful im able to get it back before then.

I have confirmed that it will be a replacement through the Repair Center. Perhaps the rep had meant that it was coming into the Repair Department, but I'm sorry for any miscommunication you may have had. It looks like it's going through the process pretty quickly, so you'll be up and running in no time.
2017-1-25
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-25 15:41
I have confirmed that it will be a replacement through the Repair Center. Perhaps the rep had meant that it was coming into the Repair Department, but I'm sorry for any miscommunication you may have had. It looks like it's going through the process pretty quickly, so you'll be up and running in no time.

Thats great! Thank you for the update. All I need is the SSD, and them im set. Thanks again!!!
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-25 20:11
Thats great! Thank you for the update. All I need is the SSD, and them im set. Thanks again!!!

No problem.
2017-1-25
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Jamie, Would you be able to look at another thing for me please?
On DJI store I see the 480 gb SSD showing "shipping within 20-25 days"  My order was placed Dec 3rd, soon to be 2 months. Is there anything you can see that may be holding it up?
My order # is 0015247081977
There are some other items not shipped yet... but im not planning on needing replacement props anytime soon, so im ok with them taking some time. Would be nice to have the SSD for a job next month.
Thank you in advance!
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-27 08:55
Jamie, Would you be able to look at another thing for me please?
On DJI store I see the 480 gb SSD showing "shipping within 20-25 days"  My order was placed Dec 3rd, soon to be 2 months. Is there anything you can see that may be holding it up?
My order # is 0015247081977

I'll see what I can find. Responses may be a tad delayed due to the Chinese New Year holiday.
2017-1-27
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-27 10:38
I'll see what I can find. Responses may be a tad delayed due to the Chinese New Year holiday.

Thank you appreciate it.
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-30 05:00
Thank you appreciate it.

From what I was able to find thus far, the SSDs type you ordered is out of stock.  At the moment, there isn't an ETA as to when it would be back in stock.
2017-1-30
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-30 15:51
From what I was able to find thus far, the SSDs type you ordered is out of stock.  At the moment, there isn't an ETA as to when it would be back in stock.

Dang... that sux. I have been hearing there are resellers in the US with them in stock (have not seen any myself)  may have to order with one of them. Thank you for the info again!
2017-1-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-1-30 20:32
Dang... that sux. I have been hearing there are resellers in the US with them in stock (have not seen any myself)  may have to order with one of them. Thank you for the info again!

You're welcome, I'm sure it will all be rectified soon.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans6670034c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4559882 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is blurry on the left side when I use auto focus. I am hoping that this issue gets resolved. Did yours look better when you used manual focus?

I used auto focus in this video.

I used manual focus on this one.
2017-2-2
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

fans6670034c Posted at 2017-2-2 15:51
Mine is blurry on the left side when I use auto focus. I am hoping that this issue gets resolved. Did yours look better when you used manual focus?

Mine looked to be a physical defect with the camera. I got my replacement back and the issue is gone, Looks amazing. you may have to turn yours in for an exchange / repair. I found it more noticeable at longer focal lengths. (50+90mm).
I never tried M. Focus as I dont use it. May want to get a ticket going and sent it in. sorry and wish you luck.
2017-2-3
Use props
Ringo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-2-3 13:55
Mine looked to be a physical defect with the camera. I got my replacement back and the issue is gone, Looks amazing. you may have to turn yours in for an exchange / repair. I found it more noticeable at longer focal lengths. (50+90mm).
I never tried M. Focus as I dont use it. May want to get a ticket going and sent it in. sorry and wish you luck.

How long were you without?
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans6670034c Posted at 2017-2-2 15:51

It does look better in manual focus as opposed to auto, though having a farther focal length may mask the blur. Do you happen to have the 15mm stock DJI lens or just the Olympus just to see if it's an issue with that particular lens?
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Ringo Posted at 2017-2-3 16:10
How long were you without?

Right now the NA Support Center is experiencing 1-2 week turnaround times depending on the issue.
2017-2-3
Use props
Ringo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 20:02
Right now the NA Support Center is experiencing 1-2 week turnaround times depending on the issue.

I have the 15mm too, but it does not seem to have the same issue. I have a lumix G7 camera that I use the 25mm lens on too, but it is crystal clear on it.

I am hoping that it may be a software issue. I have thought about shipping the lens to my dealer to see if he experiences the same issue, but others I have spoke with do not have the auto-focus issues that I am experiencing.
2017-2-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules