Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
(FIXED!) HDMI Output & PIP Bug [M600, LB2, Ronin-MX]
3254 6 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

I'm creating a new thread for this bug so it can be better tracked and hopefully resolved.

The Issue
HDMI output, and consequently the Picture-in-Picture feature, does not work when using simultaneously inputting AV and HDMI feeds from M600 LB2.

To recap, here's what we know:

• AV and HDMI feeds output just fine independently to the DJI GO app.
  • AV and HDMI feeds DO NOT output at all to the LB2 Ground Unit HDMI port (master or slave).
  • In this configuration, the only display from LB2 Ground Unit HDMI port is the OSD, which comes from the Ground Unit itself, not AV/HDMI inputs.
  • The only way to get AV or HDMI input feeds through the HDMI output from the LB2 Ground Units is to enable the EXT Port.
    Doing this forces just 1 of the 2 video feeds to be transmitted over LB, and nothing over EXT, since we're not using it in the AV/HDMI configuration.
  • The problem is reproduced on iOS and Android DJI GO apps
  • Downgrading Lightbridge firmware doesn't fix the issue
  • PIP does not work on DJI GO app (this is an entirely separate bug)

I'd very much appreciate if others can contribute information to this thread regarding this issue.

DJI-Jamie, would you mind checking with the devs to see if this bug is on the docket to be fixed, or if it's being worked on already?

Thanks much!

My personal setup:
M600
Ronin-MX
SRW-60G
HDMI input: RED Epic W or Canon 5D III
AV input: GoPro Hero 4 Black on a 2-axis gimbal

Firmware is all the latest

2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I did report this a while back, I'll check up on it. There is some upcoming firmware for Lightbridge 2 that is mostly tied to the F-channel customization, but I'll see if anything else will be added besides that.
2017-1-11
Use props
rds2002.free
lvl.1

France

Same problem too but without M600 or any frame, using N3 or A3.

Perhaps this inconvenient will find an answer usefull for the other post talking about LB2 and N3/A3 HDMI/AV.

Thanks
2017-1-13
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the update, Jamie. Seeing as this bug breaks pretty basic functionality, I'd very much like to see it fixed on the next LB2 firmware update.

Many of the uses that I bought the M600/Ronin-MX for are impossible because of this bug. For some people, >$8k is a lot of money to have invested in something they can't use.
2017-1-13
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
United States

Jamie, were you able to see if this broken HDMI output problem will be added to the upcoming firmware update to LB2?
2017-1-19
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
United States

This issue has been fixed in the latest LB2 release! Jamie, thank you for pushing to get this bug included.
2017-2-18
Use props
FlyinLo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7004009 ft
United States

3x3q, I know this is an old thread but hoping you can help.  I have a M600 Pro with Gremsy gimbal, A6000 and RunCam FPV camera.  Sony > HDMI and FPV > AV input on LB.  Is it possible to have PIP in the iOs Go App?  If so, can you elaborate on how this has to be setup.  I can't seem to get that to work.  I can toggle between the cameras by selecting which one is used but no PIP.  Any help (from anyone) will be appreciated!
2020-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules