Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tripod adapter mount
2206 4 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

This is what I use to mount my Osmo Mobile to any of my existing tripods.
DJI does not offer a simple solution or didn't the last time I checked but it's been a while now.

I thought about producing some of these for others, either 3D printed such as this is or turned on a lathe from a nice piece
of wood, or possibly silicone molded but I am not really interested and ultimately decided to just share the idea and let others adapt it however best suits them.
DJI can always give me a cut though!

Parts needed are minimal:

1 cone (sets the space between handle and tripod plate)
1 screw (same 1/4-20 most tripods use)
1 washer
1 nylon insert nut

Your tripod and Osmo handle.

One thing I did that you might want to pass on is making the screw captive to the tripod plate.  Many tripods have a slot for the screw to move in and this slot also
keeps or holds the screw from falling out.  I did this by grinding down the threads up close to the head of the screw.

2017-1-12
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Nice job! Great idea to use 3D priniting to solve a problem. The DJI Straight Extension Arm does also works as a tripod adapter, I use it with my Osmo+ but it costs £20.00
2017-1-12
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Thanks it's a simple model is all.  I think the same arm I found on DJI was about $25 US.  I realize they want us to use their tripods and other accessories but most of us that have any kind of photo gear already have a tripod or two...
2017-1-12
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Great simple solution!
2017-1-12
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

For cheap and easy I just use the DJI base.  It's threaded on the bottom for 1/4X20, the standard tripod thread pitch. It makes it handy to just grab the Osmo Mobile out of it and move around easily.

Bob
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules