No image in Vision app
123Next >
37430 85 2015-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Hi, I have just got a Phantom 2 Vision+ and am experimenting with it (in the kitchen without the propellers on).  The Vision app is communicating with the camera. I can tilt the camera up and down. I can take pictures and video but there is no image showing in the Vision app just a black screen (I cannot see what I am photographing or filming in the Vision app). Under settings I have tried each of the preview quality settings without any success. The back lights on the drone show flashing yellow (because I am in the kitchen). What am I doing wrong? Cheers Gareth

2015-2-19
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

I hope someone comes up with a solution to this. I got the P2V+ two days ago and the last two days have been very windy but maybe tomorrow will be a sunny day with no wind. Would hate to do the maiden voyage blind
2015-2-19
Use props
homer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612457 ft
United States

Gareth Posted at 2015-2-20 07:55
I hope someone comes up with a solution to this. I got the P2V+ two days ago and the last two days h ...

I received my unit Jan 22 2015

I Sent the following to DJI 02/13/2015

Hello,

What are my options on returning this device and getting my money back?

Problem..
Blank FPV,

When it does work. It displays about 10 to 20 seconds then freezes.

The longest it has worked was about 5 mins, that has been twice.

It will only come up from a power up on the Phantom. (If is not working it will not come up unless the power is reset on the Phantom. Turning off all other devices Iphone, Remote Control, WIfi Extender in any order the FPV will not Display or Return).

I have the data, distance, power, sd, gps and all other status, and can take pictures and video.

Yesterday 02/12/2015, I downloaded the App to a PC, updated firmware on Remote and Phantom. I looked through the settings and left all at defaults. I then tried re-binding and renamed the WI-Fi name.

I Have 2 batteries, Same Problem, Different Day,

I have tried an Iphone 4s, Asus tablet, Samsung Galaxy.  Airplane mode on and off, removed and reinstalled DJI app many times. Deleted all apps on the Iphone that could be removed, and did resets to clear Iphone.

If the unit needs to be sent in and I have to wait for a repair or replacement I really don't need this. What if the same problem happens again?

Thanks for your time.

Rod Paddock.
2015-2-19
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

See if the link works

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/vie ... 5ee06562bdd9016e0f0

2015-2-19
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

I did this Last night, bought a new SD card to due the procedure.

http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6906

Got 3 mins live video then same problem.
2015-2-19
Use props
homer
lvl.2
United States

I sent the email to Online Sales Support, made since to me since that's where I bought It.

Reply was:
Feb 14, 14:07

Dear Rod,
Thank you for your email.
We are sorry about that. Since we are the pre-sales of online store, we have forward your email to our after sale support.
Also could you please email them at us.support@dji.com with further information so that your help request is processed accordingly?
Alternatively, you may also contact the support hotline at +1 (818) 235 0789.
Thank you
Kind regards,
DJI

So I sent the same email to:
us.support@dji.com
and I got the following reply

Dear Homer,
Thank you for your email.
You have received this email as you have multiple tickets regarding the same issue. We have closed your duplicate tickets and request that you only send 1 ticket for future reference as duplicate tickets can delay a response from our support team.

Sincerely,

DJI Technology Management Team.

And now my only request on: http://djitechnology.zendesk.com

Shows has been Solved
2015-2-19
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

I updated the firmware today but that did not solve the problem
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

I also tried a borrowed Iphone today same problem
2015-2-20
Use props
bbrunner11.gmai
lvl.1

United States

did you update the camera firmware?

sorry, didn't follow the links, i assume thats the firmware you said you updated?
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

I reset the wifi extender on the remote control and reconnected it that did not work
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

bbrunner11.gmai Posted at 2015-2-21 04:46
did you update the camera firmware?

sorry, didn't follow the links, i assume thats the firmware you ...

I used the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware on the drone to version v3.08 (it was v3.04). I would have thought that would have taken care of the camera as well
2015-2-20
Use props
steply.hotmail
lvl.1

United States

I had the exact same problem - and after all the updates, it still didn't work, so I mailed it in to get fixed... it's been two weeks and it just got "Checked into Queue" the other day... no word on when/if it will be fixed and returned...
2015-2-20
Use props
BWJ
lvl.4

Denmark

Gareth Posted at 2015-2-21 05:17
I used the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware on the drone to version v3.08 (it was v3.04). I w ...

Remove the dust cap from camera
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Screen Capture
Capture.JPG
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

I am beginning to think that it is a problem with the app

The good news is that the wind dropped to 5 m/s today so I took it for a maiden voyage. I took video and photos blind. Unfortunately I did not get what I wanted to photograph as I was not high enough. I also bought a second battery as one does not last long enough
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

It is a transparent cap so the image would just be blurred
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

From my maiden voyage. Fredrikstad. Norway
2015-02-20-1349-391-PhantomE-small.jpg
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Sent: 18 February 2015 22:45
To: Gareth A. Morgan
Subject: [Request received] Vision app - no image feed

On the vision app under settings I have tried each of the preview quality settings without any success
I reset the wifi extender on the remote control and reconnected it to the drone using the vision app. That did not work
I used the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware on the drone to version v3.08 (it was v3.04). That did not work
I used a borrowed Iphone. That did not work. (My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4)
I have checked that the ribbon going from the gimbal to the camera is seated properly. It looks fine
I can take photos by pressing the button on the drone (a bit of a useless function)
I can take photos/video from the vision app as well as tilt the camera up and down

My conclusion is that this is either a problem with the vision app or a problem with the hardware on the drone. I have been un-able to find a “known problems page” on the dji website, which I think you should consider developing. Please advise me what I should do next as I have run out of ideas. Cheers Gareth

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (xxxxxxx) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.
To add additional comments, reply to this email.
2015-2-20
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

China

Gareth Posted at 2015-2-21 05:17
I used the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware on the drone to version v3.08 (it was v3.04). I w ...

Hi Gareth, with your statement, I have to assume you have not updated the camera firmware because you update by copying the firmware file into the MicroSD card then powercycle the Phantom, not via the Phantom Asssitant. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2015-2-20
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

godfrey.dayo@po Posted at 2015-2-21 11:11
Hi Gareth, with your statement, I have to assume you have not updated the camera firmware because  ...

I connected the drone to my computer and used the DJI assistant to update the firmware
2015-2-21
Use props
johnwarr.live
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You do not upgrade the camera via the PT2 assistant.
Download the FC200 upgrade file from the Vision Plus download section of this website and read the "read me" file on how to upgrade.
You need to use the micro-SD card to do the update.
2015-2-21
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

johnwarr.live Posted at 2015-2-21 20:09
You do not upgrade the camera via the PT2 assistant.
Download the FC200 upgrade file from the Vision ...

Thank you for your help. But I still have the same problem after updating

Download from here:    http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download

Major New Features:
The latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware (v1.3.0) fixes the issue of the camera failing to start in some cases and adds the ability to modify the filename prefix of photos if using the DJI SDK. Update your camera firmware according to your needs. Thank you for your support!

Follow these instructions to update your firmware:
1. Download the latest Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 firmware from the official DJI website and unzip it.
2. Copy the "firmware_plus_v1.3.0g.bin" file into the root folder of an empty Micro-SD card (less than or equal to 32GB) and rename the file to "firmware_plus.bin".
3. Make sure the camera is turned off, and insert the Micro-SD card into the camera.
4. Turn on the Phantom. The firmware update will begin automatically. A quick yellow flashing LED on the camera indicates that the camera is updating.
5. When the quick yellow flashing disappears, the firmware has been updated. After a successful update, the "firmware_plus.bin" filename will change to "firmware_plus.bin.bak00". This file on the card can now be deleted.
6. Restart the camera and the new firmware will be active. Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app.
2015-2-21
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

"Check the firmware version in the DJI Vision app" (It looks like it has updated)
Screenshot_2015-02-21-15-05-57.jpg
2015-2-21
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

China

That was an excellent photo! And you said you were flying blind? Hahaha

Well, since the phantom responds to all the RC and phone commands in flight albeit the blank screen and you have updated all the firmwares to no effect, may I suggest that you try a different phone before concluding that it's a problem with the app?
2015-2-21
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Are you getting battery, GPS, and altitude/distance in the app or is that missing in addition to the video feed? Check the cables connecting the camera/gimbal. If any of them are loose or damaged it could be the cause of your problem.
2015-2-21
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

godfrey.dayo@po Posted at 2015-2-21 23:43
That was an excellent photo! And you said you were flying blind? Hahaha

Well, since the phantom res ...

I used a borrowed Iphone. That did not work. (My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4)
2015-2-22
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-2-22 00:47
Are you getting battery, GPS, and altitude/distance in the app or is that missing in addition to the ...

Just the video feed missing
2015-2-22
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

China

I don't know if you've read this post but I think it is similar to your problem. It was also discussed extensively in another forum. Good luck with DJI tech support

"When you find the black screen issue, the first thing you need to do it to rebind the camera with extender.
What I mentioned above is for those who did the rebinding but still not work, then I would suspect a damaged WIFI Board. " - DJI-Autumn

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... t=black&lang=en
2015-2-22
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Still flying blind

Fredrikstad, Norway
2015-02-22-1430-480-Phantom-small.jpg
2015-2-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

i presume you are otherwise getting all other flight data on your phone?
As Godfrey mentioned and I think you indicated that you did rebind the "range extender".
Have you tried different preview modes in the Camera Ap?
2015-2-22
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-2-22 23:36
i presume you are otherwise getting all other flight data on your phone?
As Godfrey mentioned and I  ...

"Under settings I have tried each of the preview quality settings without any success"

Everything works fine apart from the video feed to the smart phone. However a low flying Sea King helicopter heading for Fredrikstad hospital gave me a big fright on Thursday, as I truly began to realise how slow descent is with this drone
2015-2-22
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

godfrey.dayo@po Posted at 2015-2-22 22:48
I don't know if you've read this post but I think it is similar to your problem. It was also discuss ...

Thanks for the link. There are a lot of forum posts about this problem. At least I am having fun even though the product does not work properly
2015-2-22
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

I am  un-ashamedly bumping this post. I discovered that I was not getting video feed from the camera when i un-boxed my P2V+ in the kitchen when it was brand new. I could not possibly have damaged anything doing dry runs in the kitchen. I have sent so far two emails to dji support and have not received a reply. I have now spent a lot of time reading forums and doing updates of firmware, etc, etc. I would like to think that the posters on the forums I have read are not down right liars, as this video feed problem seems to be a common problem. I have had two flights in the blind and it was great fun. But now it is time to return the product to the retailer. Dji need to get off the pot or shit

http://youtu.be/jnESbHY5r5E

http://youtu.be/Ch6f0VdJLEs

2015-2-23
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Same problem with mine no answers on it either. Sent it to a guy that works on them will let you know how that works out.

Jason
2015-2-23
Use props
rabloom530.gmai
lvl.2

United States

My story is the same as Gareth's. After updating firmware, apps, switching phones/tablets I finally was frustrated enough to return it (Amazon). Purchased another one and have bird with great video feed with no problems. I suspect  the first one I got had a bad wifi module, but I would be guessing...
2015-2-23
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Jason in TN Posted at 2015-2-24 05:46
Same problem with mine no answers on it either. Sent it to a guy that works on them will let you kno ...

I would appreciate hearing if you find a solution
2015-2-25
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Got a reply from technical support after 7 days. Apparently my problem has been resolved

Sent: 24 February 2015 23:37
To: Gareth
Subject: [DJI Technology] Re: Vision app - no image feed

My issue has not been resolved. There is still no image feed. Cheers Gareth

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (97812) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

D.B. (DJI Technology)
Feb 24, 15:37
Dear Gareth A. Morgan,
Thank you for your email Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are operating your mobile device in airplane mode with all data off (wifi on). Check bluetooth and data disabled
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software. What does that mean? Deleted the Dji Vision app and re-installed
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications. Check
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, we recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing the issue. Check more than 3Gb
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again. Deleted the Dji Vision app and re-installed
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app. Check

2015-2-25
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Hello Gareth

We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service. Please take a moment to answer one simple question by clicking either link below:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good, I'm satisfied
Bad, I'm unsatisfied

I want another option to rate!
2015-2-25
Use props
Jason in TN
lvl.1

United States

Mine is on the way home from Hani. Says it is good to go. Was bad place in ribbion cable is what I was told was the problem on mine.
Can't wait to get it home and test it out. Yours may be different who knows.

Jason
2015-2-25
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

http://youtu.be/jnESbHY5r5E

http://youtu.be/Ch6f0VdJLEs

Another bump done in the best possible taste

2015-2-26
Use props
123Next >