Phantom 2 vision gimbal not moving
11040 16 2015-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doughav
lvl.1

United States

Hi all, after performing all the new firmware updates and switching to Naza-M mode, my vision gimbal no longer tilts up and down.
Can it be reset? It worked just fine before all the changes.
All ideas are welcome.
2015-2-19
Use props
hifliteimages
New

United States

I am having the same problem. I have V3 with the thumb wheel. I can see the image that the camera 'sees' on the screen of the app, can snap photos, and record video-of whatever is straight in front of the camera. Neither the thumb wheel on the transmitter nor the two different ways to tilt the gimbal with the iOS app (virtual buttons and tilting phone) result in any movement of the gimbal. Interestingly, if I simulate flying the Phantom around at crazy angles, the gimbal does appear to work, keeping the camera stable, so the motors appear to be working. This is a brand-new unit I unboxed yesterday and ran all updates/calibration on with newest versions of PT2 Assistant and RC software downloaded two nights ago.
2015-2-26
Use props
doughav
lvl.1

United States

I double checked all settings. My transmitter does not have a wheel. I rely solely on the Ios software. Ever since I switched to Naza-M mode the camera will not tilt. I took it off and double checked connections, turned it on and off again no luck. I am a little angry :@ .. The Phantom has all the latest software, and so does the camera!
Please any more ideas are welcome. Still no tilt!
2015-2-28
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Ok for the old TX unit, power on your TX and Phantom and plug the phantom into the PC
go to the basic/rc tab and make sure that that standard TX is chosen and not the advanced one, for the guy with the Newer TX choose the newer TX model.

Power cycle the phantom after making the choice and then plug the USB cable into the TX unit and run the asst software.

In their do a full calibration of the sticks and the X1 channel

Then plug the USB back into the phantom and do a TX calibration in basic/rc tab.

Let me know if this makes it work.
2015-3-1
Use props
notcampbellburn
New

Taiwan

Was totally freaked out by this problem and your solution worked a treat cheers!
2015-3-2
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Glad to help out.
2015-3-2
Use props
gerd
lvl.1

Germany

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-1 20:31
Hi

Ok for the old TX unit, power on your TX and Phantom and plug the phantom into the PC

Hello, before I had to activate X1 to CH7 and calibrate X1 with the "DJI RC System Assistant_1.2"-Software and then calibrate X1 with the "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8"-Software. Then it works perfect.
2015-3-5
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yeah i have mine set to CH7 but it worked before without having to change that setting.
2015-3-6
Use props
mn
New

Denmark

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-1 20:31
Hi

hi there. It worked  :-) thank you verry much. have a good day
2015-3-7
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

After performing the calibration on the X channel, my gimbal now behaves more normal, but still a problem.  No matter how many times I calibrate the X channel, the wheel never gets the pointer all the way to the right.  So when calibration is done, the marker sits one or two notches to the left of center causing the camera to slowly move down unless I put some pressure on the wheel.  It seems to always slam to the left during calibration as well.  This leads me to believe the inherent center of the control is off and calibration will never fix it?  Can I get the control to center?  This is a brand new controller.
2015-3-8
Use props
doughav
lvl.1

United States

I performed all the above and power cycled the phantom a number of times. The gimbal still doesn't move from using the ground station. It reacts in the software, it just doesn't move on the quad. Again I do not have a dial on my controller.. I use the ground station to control gimbal movement.. Please any more suggestions.. i removed the camera and checked the connections they seem fine, I have the lastest firmware and am using the latest camera firmware as well. I am running in NAZA mode...
2015-3-13
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

This calibration is for the ones with the thumb wheel.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-3-13
Use props
doughav
lvl.1

United States

Ok I also noticed that when I turn on the Phantom I don NOT get the 4 beeps associated with start up. I am in Naza-M mode with software version 3.12. The Gimbal does not move. I have recalibrated, everything, checked connections, reset ground station. everything works except the gimbal does not move and I don not get the 4 beeps after power up.. I am at a loss here. Everything worked prior to software upgrade, including the 4 beeps.
HELP!!!
2015-4-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Someone posted earlier that their "mode" changed during a firmware upgrade, not sure how but it did, check your mode setting and other settings in the Assistant program just to be sure, as for the beeps, it no longer does that in the new firmware....
2015-4-4
Use props
doughav
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-4 23:56
Someone posted earlier that their "mode" changed during a firmware upgrade, not sure how but it did, ...

how do I check for "Mode" change.. not sure.. What would be original Mode??
2015-4-4
Use props
doughav
lvl.1

United States

just checked and reset all controllers again. running Mode 2. Everything works except the Camera will not move! I'm thinking Hardware failure??
2015-4-5
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Check around, there are several posts on this issue. check in the upgrade section of the assistant software. See I'd you have a line that says Zen IMU. If it's gone you lost the firmware that supports the gimbal. Then it's time to call DJI support. Several of us had the same problem. We had to RMA our units in for repair.
2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules