Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unsure what to do now
12Next >
4102 61 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

I sent my Mavic back to DJI because  it had 'Jello' issues on it's first flight, it was received by them in DJI Germany (according to DHL tracking) on the 15th February.
Feb 16th I asked what was happening.

Feb 20th they said it could take 5 days to be booked into the system.

Feb 23rd, 8 days after receipt still no action, so I asked again.

Feb 23rd DJI answer saying "As mentioned before, we have a backlog in the logistics department. It will take its time for the unit to be booked into our system. The delivery date of 15.02.2017 is being unpacked and booked into the system currently. Monday next week latest the unit will be booked in and will go to the Repair Technician immediately afterwards.
As mentioned before when issuing the RMA for you, the current turnaround time is 10-15 working days."

That's not technically correct they mentioned 10-15 days repair turnaround, but never mentioned it would take this long to even get booked into the return process.

March 2nd, 15 days after reciept to their return facility still no action so asked again.

No Answer

March 4th Asked again.

No answer

Have asked on Twitter to both DJI Global and DJI Europe no answer to tweets or DMs.

Have posted my details on a thread here about returns but noone from DJI has answered me on that thread.

Really unsure what to do now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In hindsight I should have packed everything backm in the box and demanded a refund but trusted their process and that I would end up with a replacement.

Any thoughts? Can someone from DJI please help? CAS-430215-P7M9K5

2017-3-5
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I would just calm down and wait, dji will contact you when its been inspected.
Trying to contact them repeatedly is just adding to the backlog of emails that they have to deal with.
Give them a month, that is not an unreasonable timeframe for a manufacture repair.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

Thanks for your answer, not going to debate whether following up a few times is too many or too few.

But would like to clarify that this is a fault out of the box, in my eyes it should be prioritised over standard repairs/retruns and should be, when compared to other companies procedures a max 3-5 day turnaround.
2017-3-5
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Very simple what to do, just be a bit more patient.
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems to be 10/14 business days, so hopefully you will hear something soon..
2017-3-5
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

Anoniem Posted at 2017-3-5 11:00
Very simple what to do, just be a bit more patient.

i don't really have much choice, but do you think it's acceptable for any company to behave like this?
2017-3-5
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-5 11:24
It seems to be 10/14 business days, so hopefully you will hear something soon..

They quote 10-15 day turnaround for returns, but they don't mention that you may have to wait a lot longer for your return to actually be booked into their system until that 10-15 day clock starts....
2017-3-5
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

Dont listen to these guys, waiting 15+ days for your package to just be checked in is ridiculous, especially for a brand new defected out of the box unit. They should have shipped you a new drone the second they confirmed receiving the POS one. Hopefully you get a response soon.. if not id file a dispute with your credit company
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-5 12:43
They quote 10-15 day turnaround for returns, but they don't mention that you may have to wait a lot longer for your return to actually be booked into their system until that 10-15 day clock starts....

I mean 10/14 business days from the day they pick it up..
2017-3-5
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-5 12:40
i don't really have much choice, but do you think it's acceptable for any company to behave like this?

Acceptable or not, this situation is not what we want but how it is. I think DJI is trying everything they can do, but at this moment it seems like they are in a situation that is hard to control to every ones satisfaction.
Don't frustrate them with emailing to much, it will not help you, other people are doing the same.
Mine was sent back at 12 Feb. , took over 1 week for them to register my Mavic, then another week before it was replaced by a new one.
I had to be patient to with this procces, and did email DJI but tried to do it in a very soft way without very direct communication and to much details.
Have had a very quick response and understanding from DJI, they have contacted the service center and kept me informed with the status.

2017-3-5
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

Anoniem Posted at 2017-3-5 13:15
Acceptable or not, this situation is not what we want but how it is. I think DJI is trying everything they can do, but at this moment it seems like they are in a situation that is hard to control to every ones satisfaction.
Don't frustrate them with emailing to much, it will not help you, other people are doing the same.
Mine was sent back at 12 Feb. , took over 1 week for them to register my Mavic, then another week before it was replaced by a new one.

How many times did you email in the 2 weeks it took you to get yours booked in and replaced?

Yours took 1 week to get booked in, mine is now 18 days!

I really don't understand how opening a support ticket to ask them whats going on after DHL delivered the product. Then waiting 8 days to ask again, then after the answer they gave me then came and went enquired again and then 2 days after that as there was no answer followed up that unanswered support ticket, is deemed excessive.

We are talking here about a product faulty out of the box, not something I flew into a building and am asking to be repaired.

DJI have my money, and they have my returned product, but fail to do anything about it.

I'd like to see anyone hold their tongue for 18 days, and on their terms, even if it's booked in tomorrow, they have 10-15 days to turn that around, so in all their Service Level with me could be 33 days to replace a product that was delivered faulty out of the box.

How on Earth anyone can say *please be patient* is beyond me, are you so star struck with DJI that you believe this is acceptable from any business?

That said please don't take anything personally, I'm not here to have slanging matches with anyone on the forum, DJI is the only people I hold responsible for this.
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fractures Posted at 2017-3-5 12:48
Dont listen to these guys, waiting 15+ days for your package to just be checked in is ridiculous, especially for a brand new defected out of the box unit. They should have shipped you a new drone the second they confirmed receiving the POS one. Hopefully you get a response soon.. if not id file a dispute with your credit company

Your probably right 15 days to book it in is excessive,  filing a dispute with credit card company that's going to get it done quicker, you think,
Fact of the matter is the average turnaround is two weeks, what the OP should do is put up a screenshot of the of his returned rma usually you find that these items are booked in long before people think they are next thing you know there on the way back.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

I'm not going to put up the RMA as I can't be bothered sensoring my private details, but the case number is in the 1st post which anyone can check progress on, and see theres nothing, and heres the proof of delivery on the 15th by DHL

2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be.
I have brought this to the attention of our support team and we will escalate the case for you.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

After 19 days sitting on a shelf somewhere in DJI Germany they finally booked my Mavic into the return system today.

TY Mindy.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-5 18:22
I can understand how frustrating this must be.
I have brought this to the attention of our support team and we will escalate the case for you.

Thought I'd provide an update as things seem to have stopped again.

It's now 4 weeks that my out of the box faulty with Jello and blurred corner Mavic Pro has been back with DJI.

It was received by them on Feb 15th. Last week they finally booked it in and it moved to Under Repair on Thursday 9th, where it's now sitting, I assume the whole thing will be replaced and that they are waiting for units that they can replace with.

My recommendation to anyone with a similar issue is to send back to DJI for a full refund and order new, do not accept their return process for an out of the box fault.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-14 23:11
[view_image]

Thought I'd provide an update as things seem to have stopped again.

There might be backlog for the repair.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I have pushed the case for you and we will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 03:56
There might be backlog for the repair.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I have pushed the case for you and we will keep you updated as soon as possible.

I'm fairly sure that this isn't a repair, this had issues out of the box and it needs replacing, why should I accept a repaired unit when I bought a new unit?
2017-3-15
Use props
FirstFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329961 ft
United States

Sent my unit in over a month ago for DJI Refresh (replacement).  Refresh customers are supposed to have some sort of priority service.  I paid the refresh charge over a week ago.  Status has been "In Repair" the first stage of 4.  I don't see why it's in any stage since it's a replacement.  But, it is what it is.  DJI Mindy seems to respond within a day.  Hopefully she will be able to make something happen.  Good luck with yours, but be warned - more than a month seems to be the norm....
2017-3-15
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-5 12:40

no not acceptable.
2017-3-15
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348343 ft
Russia

Looking at the tracking number, my quadrocopter was taken to the DJI on March 3, but until now my status has not changed to "received."
On March 7, I created a request, in which I asked if a parcel was received. The site says that unpacking takes 1 working day, but there is still no answer, it's been 2 weeks since the delivery.
If the parcel is not reached or damaged, I can not write a petition to the courier service, because so much time has already passed. I am very worried and upset
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-15 04:01
I'm fairly sure that this isn't a repair, this had issues out of the box and it needs replacing, why should I accept a repaired unit when I bought a new unit?

If your product is accord with our replacement policy, we will arrange the replacement for you.
I have added a note to your case.
Since there's backlog for Mavic , your case will be little delayed.
We sincerely apologize for the delay.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RealFixxxer Posted at 2017-3-15 05:17
Looking at the tracking number, my quadrocopter was taken to the DJI on March 3, but until now my status has not changed to "received."
On March 7, I created a request, in which I asked if a parcel was received. The site says that unpacking takes 1 working day, but there is still no answer, it's been 2 weeks since the delivery.
If the parcel is not reached or damaged, I can not write a petition to the courier service, because so much time has already passed. I am very worried and upset

I can check your case from your forum email.
Could you please provide me with the tracking number of your package?
I'll bring this to our designated team and keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-3-16
Use props
RealFixxxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348343 ft
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 01:06
I can check your case from your forum email.
Could you please provide me with the tracking number of your package?
I'll bring this to our designated team and keep you updated as soon as possible.

EA445385810RU on http://emspost.ru
it was received by  HERR KORB on March 3 at 10am
My request on zendesk
2017-3-16
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

You're not the only one!! Mine developed a hardware fault 16calendar days after I received the mavic, so I was 1 calendar day too late for a replacement. Sent it back for repairs, received 3 weeks ago and the log shows '1. Under repair' :s
2017-3-16
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-16 01:41
You're not the only one!! Mine developed a hardware fault 16calendar days after I received the mavic, so I was 1 calendar day too late for a replacement. Sent it back for repairs, received 3 weeks ago and the log shows '1. Under repair' :s

And this is why I think I am going to buy in a local shop rather than from DJI direct... you only have 15 days  to cover to get a replacement??? Otherwise it has to go for repair?

Crazy
2017-3-16
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

GSI_IRE Posted at 2017-3-16 01:58
And this is why I think I am going to buy in a local shop rather than from DJI direct... you only have 15 days  to cover to get a replacement??? Otherwise it has to go for repair?

Crazy

Yep, that's what support told me.
It's pretty stupid if you ask me as some people might not have had time to fly the drone much in 15 days since it also depends on weather conditions.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RealFixxxer Posted at 2017-3-16 01:23
EA445385810RU on http://emspost.ru
it was received by  HERR KORB on March 3 at 10am
My request on zendesk

Thank you. I have added a note to your case.
We will update your case as soon as possible.
2017-3-16
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-16 03:03
Yep, that's what support told me.
It's pretty stupid if you ask me as some people might not have had time to fly the drone much in 15 days since it also depends on weather conditions.

100%...

I live in ireland... The odds are I wont get to fly it much in the first 15 days unless I am really lucky.
2017-3-16
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-16 00:55
If your product is accord with our replacement policy, we will arrange the replacement for you.
I have added a note to your case.
Since there's backlog for Mavic , your case will be little delayed.

I find it amazing how a new order can be dispatched within 3-7 days according to the Online store but people who have had to suffer your support/return process because of a faulty out of the box product have to wait in excess of 30 days (now 32 days).

I'm not saying this for effect but as feedback, this is the worst dealing with a company I have had in my entire life (I'm 43).
2017-3-16
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-16 23:57
I find it amazing how a new order can be dispatched within 3-7 days according to the Online store but people who have had to suffer your support/return process because of a faulty out of the box product have to wait in excess of 30 days (now 32 days).

I'm not saying this for effect but as feedback, this is the worst dealing with a company I have had in my entire life (I'm 43).

Exactly!!!! That is backward and just feels slimy. We should get some sort of discount or overnight shipping. Maybe the discount is pushing it too far lol. But in what world does ground shipping for faulty out of the box. It's 2017!! At least 2 day.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-16 23:57

Your frustration is understandable.
We will help to get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-3-19
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-19 23:17
Your frustration is understandable.
We will help to get it solved as soon as possible.

Now my case number doesn't exist...

Today is 34 days DJI has had my faulty out of the box return.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-20 00:50
[view_image]

Now my case number doesn't exist...

It's probably the system issue. I can check your case number from our websites.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 02:45
It's probably the system issue. I can check your case number from our websites.

My case still have the same status as 11 days ago.

Really I am beyond words with this experience.

Can you confirm, that when I finally get a replacement that the DJI Care Refresh start date will be changed to the date I received the replacement?
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:03
My case still have the same status as 11 days ago.

Really I am beyond words with this experience.

When you get your new drone, please provide me with the SN, I'll help to forward the information to our DJI Care support team and get it solved.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 22:31
When you get your new drone, please provide me with the SN, I'll help to forward the information to our DJI Care support team and get it solved.

Since it's now 35 days since you've had my returned product when do you think you will be replacing it?
2017-3-21
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-21 01:19
Since it's now 35 days since you've had my returned product when do you think you will be replacing it?

Sad that all this is going on. I really hope DJI figures out and corrects your case.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans262fb520
lvl.2

Germany

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-21 02:49
Sad that all this is going on. I really hope DJI figures out and corrects your case.

Thanks, i hope so...
2017-3-21
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

fans262fb520 Posted at 2017-3-21 01:19

Still no news, my case sits in Under Repair status since March 9th, it is now 36 days (Feb 15th) that DJI have had my Mavic in their possession for a simple out of the box replacement.
2017-3-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules