My Inspire 1 Repair is completed. Good service!!
12Next >
6033 40 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

======================================4.10 repair updating===================================
I have to say GREAT JOB DJI!!!!!!!! I got my repaired DJI today shipped through Fedex and had direct signiture for package.
Sooooooooooo, WHAT HAS BEEN REPAIRED? HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

I checked in on 3.4

The answer is :

Capture.PNG
I got this reply on 4.2
2.PNG
I got this on 4.4

and I got the package today 4.10

and the Cost is ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.PNG
I am so excited about this results, I am back to sky again!!
Thank you DJI for the service. I did not expect the free repair for all the damage. Even though it took entire month to get reponse from DJI but it gives the satisified results, so for everyone whos is waitting for your repair, please give a little time, I hope you will get the same.

I am going to try to fly this weekend, I did checked everything indoor, got a little upset bc I found out the RC is not link to aircraft, after a while research, found I have to manully link RC to aircraft by push the little button on the aircraft, I did not know that... so after linked RC, attached camera, everything worked great so far.

I will update after flying outdoor.

Thank you !

===================================3.31  repair updating======================================
its been 30 days since my i1 has been sent to DJI repair, I haven't heard anything from them. send out an email, no response.
in the status, it still says "Checked Into Repair Software"
======================================================================================

Guys,

Here are the updating for the repair of my I1, I got shipping label from DJI (you need to ask them to provide shipping label). It took a week to get the email below since they received my package:
=======================================================================================
Dear Howie,

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. This process typically happens the same day your unit is checked in Zendesk. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

Our estimated time of repair is 3-4 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 4th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

DJI North America

So 3-4 weeks, should I expect just an email or a tracking number tell me my i1 is on its way?
====================================================================================
I will keep updating the repair information here, since I recently saw more and more people got i1 damaged which I feel a little nervous to fly again. btw, I got my second i1 and got the new firmware updated. Thank you guys to follow the thread and give lots of inputs.

Howie

==============================================================================

Guys,

Here are the photos I took, my inspire 1 just arrived 1 day, I only flew 3 times, first two times with locks on, the third time was not on, and I am sure I hand tight them very strong.
I just don't want to see my inspire again until i sent it to DJI to get fix, my heart are broken when I see the props fell off, inspire 1 dropped like a dead bird without any hope, I saw it crashing on my front yard.

2015-2-23
Use props
Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

really?? you have prop locks and you flew without them and a prop came off and you crashed?
2015-2-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Fred Posted at 2015-2-24 07:12
really?? you have prop locks and you flew without them and a prop came off and you crashed?

that's true!!!!!!!!!! just happened this Last Friday!
2015-2-23
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Why would you fly without the prop locks?
2015-2-23
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am really sorry this happened but.... DJI specifically warn pilots NOT to fly without prop locks! I know lots of us did it before we managed to get them but why on earth would you not use them if you have them. It is not even as though they are difficult or time consuming to fit...
2015-2-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-2-24 08:02
that's true!!!!!!!!!! just happened this Last Friday!

That really sucks... Can't imagine your pain and I give you kudos really for openly admitting here that it was kinda your fault, no prop locks when you had them not good.
Hopefully you will remember the prop locks moving forward.
Again sorry for your downed Inspire....
2015-2-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Visual Air Posted at 2015-2-24 08:22
That really sucks... Can't imagine your pain and I give you kudos really for openly admitting here ...

the only does not make sense to me is DJI still called it self-tight propellers, if so, why does it not tight as it flies? also, I do not see the warning pop up from apps says must put lock on.
2015-2-23
Use props
bbkillen
lvl.2

United States

I'm really suspecting over tightening is the cause of prop lose.  after four or five flights i started reading about people losing props.  next flight i tightened a little extra; nothing extreme.  When i landing and took off my props i noticed they were tight all the way off.  inspecting the threads under a magnifying glass reveled the threads in the props on two of my blades were striped.  the threads not he motors were fine.

I've been careful not to tighten them hardly at all and have not had any more problems; ten time before i received prop locks.  i wonder if the lack of props for sale might be that they are  having to fix.
2015-2-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

That is ugly:@  Sorry for your pain. But, here is a question for all. I thought that the CF arms were supposed to be stronger then what is indicated in this crash? Why CF if they can't absorb a crash???
2015-2-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-2-24 09:03
That is ugly  Sorry for your pain. But, here is a question for all. I thought that the CF arms wer ...

the CF is not as solid as it sounds, when I saw the broken, it feel very easy to break, also the eggshell of camera, it feels like steel, I don't know why is broken neither. I flew like a tree high about 20 feet.
2015-2-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Wow.  Way too much damage for such a relatively short fall.  I'm really surprised the CF snapped like that.  The camera, well OK, but cmon DJI that seems like it needs to be stronger, NO?
2015-2-23
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

Philippines

That is very unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear the news.
But, really, why wouldn't you use your prop locks if you had them?
Was not a very smart piloting decision.
2015-2-23
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-2-24 13:15
That is very unfortunate. I'm sorry to hear the news.
But, really, why wouldn't you use your prop lo ...

i regret too...
2015-2-23
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-2-24 09:03
That is ugly  Sorry for your pain. But, here is a question for all. I thought that the CF arms wer ...

I depends on how/what angle it hit the ground. CF is designed to be very strong, but its strength is determined by the direction of the weave. If you look at F1 racing car suspension, the strength of the CF wishbones are only in one direction. When they have a minor shunt from a different direction, they break quite easily. I suspect the same has happened here.
2015-2-24
Use props
supasympa
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Howie.  I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I'm currently trying to take apart a broken I1 and repair it, only the CF arm is broken and it's not proving easy. DJI epoxy all the plastic arm parts to the CF. No spare arms are likely to be offered to the public from what I can see - which means you'll have to send it back to DJI or an approved dealer.

Howie, what do you intend to do with you I1 now?
2015-2-24
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel your pain bro.
2015-2-24
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

supasympa Posted at 2015-2-24 22:17
Howie.  I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I'm currently trying to take apart a broken I1 ...

you are right, I asked around dealers, none of them has the parts and they doubt that DJI will send them CF parts for future repair. So I guess I have to send it back to DJI for repair. what about you?
2015-2-24
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nobody wants to see this but its 100% pilot error.
2015-2-24
Use props
supasympa
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Howie - this is what I'm writing

http://blog.supasympa.com/2015/0 ... rdown-introduction/

If I can help you by trying to figure anything out, let me know.
2015-2-24
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

Sorry for your loss.. But I've flown many more times without the locks before they were shipped. The only reason a prop would fly off is when doing sudden manoeuvres. Eg when coming to a complete stop from full speed the rear props would suddenly stop spinning. The prop enertia would make it come off. But why did you fly without your locks? They're not the best solution but it does provide some safety!
2015-2-24
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

xzces Posted at 2015-2-25 03:50
Sorry for your loss.. But I've flown many more times without the locks before they were shipped. The ...

Thanks for your reply. that was my fault did not put on locks. but I did not do much manoeuvres during the flew, it just take off above the tree in my front yard, then one of the props just fell off. So wired, that was the first time fly without props. It totally flew three times since I got it last Thursday.
2015-2-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

That's heartbreaking,  I know how I would feel if this happened so I hope it can be repaired okay.

Best of luck!
2015-2-24
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-2-25 08:43
That's heartbreaking,  I know how I would feel if this happened so I hope it can be repaired okay.

Thank you, Jim
2015-2-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Please keep us informed about how it turns out.
2015-2-24
Use props
jorukavi1
lvl.2
Croatia

Would you sell me gps modul? :@
2015-2-25
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

It truly is heartbreaking. Hope you get her fixed soon! What my experience with the props is that the black props anodizing comes off and clogs up the thread. So even when you handtight it, it still isn't really locked in place. Hope this info helps someone else, it's not really your fault, alot of people made flights without the locks when they weren't available. I had a dozen flights without them before they arrived.
2015-2-25
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jorukavi1 Posted at 2015-2-26 01:57
Would you sell me gps modul?

Sorry I am not gonna sell it. I will get it fixed
2015-2-25
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Guys,

Here are the updating for the repair of my I1, I got shipping label from DJI (you need to ask them to provide shipping label). It took a week to get the email below since they received my package:
=======================================================================================
Dear Howie,

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. This process typically happens the same day your unit is checked in Zendesk. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

Our estimated time of repair is 3-4 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 4th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

DJI North America

So 3-4 weeks, should I expect just an email or a tracking number tell me my i1 is on its way?
====================================================================================
I will keep updating the repair information here, since I recently saw more and more people got i1 damaged which I feel a little nervous to fly again. btw, I got my second i1 and got the new firmware updated. Thank you guys to follow the thread and give lots of inputs.

Howie
2015-3-4
Use props
augusthansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89498 ft
United States

Sorry to hear of your loss!  Thanks for posting this, but I just can't get over the fact you didn't use the locks.  Kudos for being honest, but I would never fly my 4,000 dollar bird without locks.  Shoot, I almost wish they made a lock for the lock, I'd be making a lock sandwich on those props.
2015-3-4
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

augusthansen@gm Posted at 2015-3-5 10:29
Sorry to hear of your loss!  Thanks for posting this, but I just can't get over the fact you didn't  ...

i regret too!! the main reason is I used to fly pv2+ and never got issue with props fall off, it does not need any locks, and all the props called "self-tighting ", even the props fell from inspire 1 called self tight, so I was not quite pay attention on you must put locks on inspire 1's propellers, that confidence on pv2+ cause this accident...
2015-3-4
Use props
augusthansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89498 ft
United States

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-3-5 15:13
i regret too!! the main reason is I used to fly pv2+ and never got issue with props fall off, it d ...

The Inspire is actually the first and only UAV i've ever flown, so it made sense that its just what you do, put the locks on.  But after hearing your previous experience with the pv2+, it makes sense why you may have thought not to install them.  Again dude, sorry for the loss!  Get that thing fixed and back up in the air! (With the locks though of course)    cheers.
2015-3-4
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

3.31 repair updating
2015-3-31
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

THIS NEEDS TO GO UP! EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS!
2015-4-9
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

2015-4-10
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

I received my inspire 1 on April 6. Mine like yours was covered under warranty. Had to replacer all four landing gears, two carbon fiber arms, vision, new camera and gimbal and center frame. Test flew it the video lightbridge receiver/transmission is a brick. Yesterday mailed it back to dealer for full replacement. There's no way in hell I'm waiting another 5 weeks to get a faulty product back. It's a good thing yours is fully functional. I don't think they tested mine to make sure the transmission signal works outside of 100 feet.
2015-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss....  I am glad that I switched over to the new E800 props. These might be the best solution and after ** hours of flight time they can be replaced.  So far I have heard positive reviews from others too.

Check out this thread discussion:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ;page=2&lang=en  

Rich
2015-4-11
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

Hi howie, thanks for sharing your full repair timeline. I'm in the middle of a repair and seeing yours definitely puts my mind at ease.
In your photos it's pretty obvious that the camera shell was cracked and that your lens was shattered, yet I didn't see either of these listed in the repairs DJI described. Do you know if these components were fixed, or why DJI wouldn't have included them in the write-up?
2015-4-18
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

Mistician Posted at 2015-4-19 06:40
Hi howie, thanks for sharing your full repair timeline. I'm in the middle of a repair and seeing you ...

yes, they got everything fixed. I just updated all the firmware, everything went very well so far. good luck on yours
2015-4-18
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

howie121218@gma Posted at 2015-4-19 11:33
yes, they got everything fixed. I just updated all the firmware, everything went very well so far. ...

That's great to hear! So DJI didn't charge you for repairing your camera and lens?
2015-4-18
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

Congrats man, I hear those things are pretty expensive otherwise!
2015-4-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules