Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Hello dear users.

Currently I use simple Antenna booster made for "half ovals". Without it, my range is max 400-500m.

I think it's time to move on, so I have found two types of boosters:
https://goo.gl/if62KN
https://goo.gl/E92OLz

I do not look for projected range. Please tell me more about those two types and which is better in Your opinion.
2017-3-10
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

4-500m on the P4??
2017-3-10
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

That's why I told that I DO NOT LOOK at projected distance ;) Because they can even say it will be 1000000000000 meters. I just want any feedback from users using one of this antennas.
2017-3-10
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-10 12:17
That's why I told that I DO NOT LOOK at projected distance ;) Because they can even say it will be 1000000000000 meters. I just want any feedback from users using one of this antennas.

Sorry i missed the smaller letters below! I dont have any experience with boosters as i dont need them, just stumpled over your small distance (no pun intended).
2017-3-10
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

any booster works only in regions where the signal is strong anyway. they have a bit of gain, but GHz signals are directional and line of sight is required. i believe that attempting to improve range in a region with high absorbtion/perturbations presents risks of fly-away. also if you fly far and the drone chooses to return by a compass corrupting path (close to a bridge or above a car wrecking, you may not be aware it could corrupt the compass) then the drone may change heading and again, fly-away.
while i believe there may be a gain, i dont believe the gain would be consistent and therefore i decided not to invest in antenna boosters.

PS:
I dont pretend I know better or that I have researched extensively. Next is a link to a manufacturer FAQ page who sells high-gain antennas.
https://www.maxxuav.ca/apps/help ... -the-expected-range

The reason I provided the link is for information only. I have no affiliation with any seller.
Hope this helps.
2017-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-10 12:36
any booster works only in regions where the signal is strong anyway. they have a bit of gain, but GHz signals are directional and line of sight is required. i believe that attempting to improve range in a region with high absorbtion/perturbations presents risks of fly-away. also if you fly far and the drone chooses to return by a compass corrupting path (close to a bridge or above a car wrecking, you may not be aware it could corrupt the compass) then the drone may change heading and again, fly-away.
while i believe there may be a gain, i dont believe the gain would be consistent and therefore i decided not to invest in antenna boosters.

Will you stop handing out rubbish advice to people, almost nothing of what you said there is true.
2017-3-10
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-10 12:46
Will you stop handing out rubbish advice to people, almost nothing of what you said there is true.

this is post 64 from this thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid724190
I have to apologize for my anecdotic amigo who thinks that posting insults is normal.
there is actually an entire hoard of friends side-kicking for each other. DJI, congratulations!
2017-3-10
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Go with DBS Mods you'll never look back. By far the best antenna out right now.  www.dbsmods.com

2017-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hey DJI Joe, if you are going to rebuke me, how about doing it in such a way that it is readable. All I got was "If you're gonna call someone out for giv ..."

And on that issue, why is it wrong to call someone out for posting advice that is misleading, wrong and just plain stupid. People come here for help, not to be given bad advice that has no techincal validity.
2017-3-10
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Depends on your budget, if you want distance all the time and don't care about the bulkiness of the antennas you can use these https://www.maxxuav.com/collecti ... ge-antenna-full-kit
Or the DBS extenders as mentioned above  http://dbsmods.com/
I use this one https://blueproton.myshopify.com ... r-antenna-by-argtek
Just remember it has been mentioned by DJI that fitting these mods to your controller will void warranty.   
2017-3-10
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I dont have invoice anyway, so I dont care about warranty
2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-10 12:36

Hogwash.  You believe but then don't believe.  Nothing you write makes sense. Then you admit don't even have a booster. I've have done over 3km with my Argtek on distance from RC, something a standard P3S cannot do. Mine only went to RTH due to low battery warning at 52%. Also drones do not just fly away. If RC signal is lost for 3 seconds and the RTH mode is enabled the drone will fly back to RTH point.  I have also had my P3S return to home with both Go App and RC turned off from 1600m or a mile away. Your idiotic statement that the drone will have compass issues is also nonsense.

Argetks boost signals from the RC so in areas with terrestrial interference they are much better for maintaining both video and RC connections.

3KM DISTANCE

3KM DISTANCE
2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Here is a picture of my lost signal after my Go App crashed. I also shut off the RC.  The drone of course kept flying home on RTH and also recorded the journey.

2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

flight log from healthy drones shows when contact lost.

LOST SIGNAL

LOST SIGNAL
2017-3-11
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Ok, thanks for help :p I have ordered both sets...
2017-3-11
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-11 07:58
Ok, thanks for help :p I have ordered both sets...

Which ones did you order?
2017-3-11
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

this one:
https://blueproton.myshopify.com ... r-antenna-by-argtek
2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Make sure that your remote is powered OFF before you do the Argtek.

The safest way is to take off the upper case and disconnect the 3 wires so you cannot have power going to your RC.

If you have power on with no antenna wires attached you can burn out your antenna transmitters.

NO POWER

NO POWER
2017-3-11
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
  • >>>
Luxembourg

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-11 10:02
Make sure that your remote is powered OFF before you do the Argtek.

The safest way is to take off the upper case and disconnect the 3 wires so you cannot have power going to your RC.

Thanks for the tip! I will do as You say
2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-11 10:45
Thanks for the tip! I will do as You say

When you get it installed just do some flights in areas you have flown before. Ignore what windsoul writes about it only working in areas with strong signals.  If we are flying in areas where strong signals are maintained then we wouldn't be using the Argtek. He has it arse backwards as he is clueless as he doesn't have an Argtek.

What you will find is that you can now do flights with really strong signals.  Then you can try for some longer distance flights.  I know when my friend Dronesmeg decided to do his first long distance he flew 2km distance over a high mountain range. He only came back because the thought OK that's enough for that flight. It was pretty windy and I decided not to fly at that location.  

The thing is I fly in areas with heavy cloud cover at times and the P3S would be limited by that. With my Argtek I can fly up through 400m heights to clear the clouds and then still have some fantastic distance. Without the Argtek I could not do these flights.  Windsoul claims the Argtek only works in strong signal conditions. This means he has no clue as to what he is saying. The signal comes from your remote control. The Argtek boosts that signal so you now an ability to fly farther without losing signal to the RC and going into RTH.  If windsoul actually had a booster he would have known this and would not be posting his nonsense.  

2017-3-11
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

I think the OP may be flying around a lot of obstacles or in areas with high interference if he's only getting 400-500 meters with a P3 pro. I use ARGtek on P3S and I have nothing but positive experiences. Others are probably good as well. The P3pro controller is different from the standard, so be sure to research it before install.
2017-3-11
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-11 20:47
When you get it installed just do some flights in areas you have flown before. Ignore what windsoul writes about it only working in areas with strong signals.  If we are flying in areas where strong signals are maintained then we wouldn't be using the Argtek. He has is arse backwards as he is clueless as he doesn't have an Argtek.

What you will find is that you can now do flights with really strong signals.  Then you can try for some longer distance flights.  I know when my friend Dronesmeg decided to do his first long distance he flew 2km distance over a high mountain range. He only came back because the thought OK that's enough for that flight. It was pretty windy and I decided not to fly at that location.  

i am surprised you even found references in my posts about "Argtek".  never made references about any brand, but even  if i did, what gives you the right to be rude?

problem is say even if i agreed there was something wrong, i dont see whats wrong because youre not after making a point or explaining in civilized terms, all you do is use wording unsupported according to the rules of this forum.

as for the subject in debate, i am aware that there is plenty of evidence in support for range extenders, i maintain my opinion that the drone has a certain range and attempting to use it outside the specifications can render the functioning unreliable. i could be wrong, but the drone is good enough for me the way it is.  i dont believe that a drone can function reliably in a place with high interference (bad signal) just by employing extenders, simple as that.

Please do me and everyone else a service at refraining to address people in any way- derogatory or not. Please understand that nothing enables you to disturb other people with your rude comments. This forum hosts people from all walks of life and we are obliged to respect each other's privacy as well as anyone's right to an opinion, and your constant use of rude comments is of no interest for anyone. combat an opinion, bring arguments like any civilized human being, but keep private your personal appreciations on people. thank you!
2017-3-11
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

You could be wrong? hahahahah You are dead wrong.  You make claims based what you believe is true or not without any experience of using booster. I did not mention your use of the Argtek I mentioned MY use of the Argtek.

This is the unsubstantiated rubbish you write "i dont believe that a drone can function reliably in a place with high interference (bad signal) just by employing extenders, simple as that." Yet at the same time you admit that there is evidence that using boosters actually works.  Not that you would know as you don't want to use one.  So you post without any real life knowledge of using of a booster. You just make stuff up claiming one thing and another based on your own opinion, which no credibility at all. Zero Nada nil

You even allude to the fact you just don't want them. The OP is asking advice from people who have them. That is not you. You don't have them so can only write your nonsense that they only work in strong signal conditions. This shows you are totally clueless about what boosters do. They in fact give better performance in areas that have terrestrial interference.

So instead of trolling people who want to use a booster and are asking people who use them for advice, why don't you stop posting your troll fake made up fairy tales of how you think they may not do anything, all based on your non use of boosters.  

I use the Argtek and I know from practical experience it will certainly help the OP maintain signals in areas of interference.   So before you make your next reply do make sure you actually know what you are writing about instead of making up fiction from that minor figment of your imagination that has nothing to do with actual fact based use of a booster.
2017-3-11
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-11 22:47
You could be wrong? hahahahah You are dead wrong.  You make claims based what you believe is true or not without any experience of using booster. I did not mention your use of the Argtek I mentioned MY use of the Argtek.

This is the unsubstantiated rubbish you write "i dont believe that a drone can function reliably in a place with high interference (bad signal) just by employing extenders, simple as that." Yet at the same time you admit that there is evidence that using boosters actually works.  Not that you would know as you don't want to use one.  So you post without any real life knowledge of using of a booster. You just make stuff up claiming one thing and another based on your own opinion, which no credibility at all. Zero Nada nil

this is the exact reference from your post:
"
Windsoul claims the Argtek only works in strong signal conditions.
"
i dont say one particular model works when signal is strong anyawy. that will be advertising and is prohibited on this forum anyway. i say all of them work when signal is strong and are prone to fail when signal is weak. i also say there is evidence the range extends, but there is no evidence of better reliability in a situation of interference where the transmission might fall.

"I use the Argtek and I know from practical experience it will certainly help the OP maintain signals in areas of interference."

OK, that is finally an opinion on the subject. even if it was correct, the amount of insults one has to put up by reading your posts discredits you and your correct opinion.

if you have difficulties to understand please be so kind to ask for clarifications in terms void of words like clueless, arse, idiotic, nonesense, hogwash and whatever else your good education provided for you.

if you have difficulties to understand your own posts, then again is fine, anyone can explain to you the meaning of what you just posted.

as for unsubstantiated rubbish, first of all is an opinion on the subject. is not insulting, not attacking anyone, not off-topic, nothing to define it as unsubstantiated or rubbish. you again have difficulties understanding what you read and prefer to insult people in exchange.

i agree is not the exact kind of opinion as requested in the thread, but is an open thread where anyone can have an opinion on the subject. without the fear of being victimized by some kind free roaming monster ready to spew insults.

i think you have a problem with my posts because you dont understand them and you lack the common sense of behaving in a public place. i dont say your opinion is not right against mine, not even that you were not right about the opportunity of my posting, given the exact requirements of the thread, which obviously i have overlooked.

what i say is that you are detrimental to anyone who reads your posts because of your poor language. and no matter how low your are gonna sink at using insults, you're still the one insulting and this is not acceptable.
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-12 11:57
this is the exact reference from your post:
"
Windsoul claims the Argtek only works in strong signal conditions.

Have you noticed how many people have classified your advice as rubbish, and refuted the drivel you publish? That might be a good clue. I do so because I wish people to know that they should not rely on your advice, as it is technically incorrect. And every time you go bleating to the moderators to save you from the awful people. I am quite confident that if you stop with the misinformation, the perceived 'insults' will also stop.
2017-3-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 14:53
Have you noticed how many people have classified your advice as rubbish, and refuted the drivel you publish? That might be a good clue. I do so because I wish people to know that they should not rely on your advice, as it is technically incorrect. And every time you go bleating to the moderators to save you from the awful people. I am quite confident that if you stop with the misinformation, the perceived 'insults' will also stop.

be careful at calling yourself "many people". you are only one person and your remarks are out of line.

i dont know why you are spreading this rumor about me "bleating", maybe you want to explain it.

what exactly is a good clue? good for what? you have lost me there. is there anything in my post enabling you to be rude, is that why you insult me?

you believe i spread false information? are you a person appointed by anyone to cenzor or to insult people posting? when is the last time you actually came with a valid argument against an opinion of mine and when  do you think is the last time you insulted me and anyone else with your uncivilized comments?
2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-12 15:14
be careful at calling yourself "many people". you are only one person and you are out of line.

i dont know why you are spreading this rumor about me "bleating", maybe you want to explain it before i decide to report on your offensive content.

Oh I have no doubt you will report me yet again, but nevertheless, I will take the risk in order to alert people that they should not take any notice of your technically incorrect 'opinions'. I have no interest in 'insulting' you, in fact I have no interest in you at all.
I also have no interest in refuting any of what you have posted here, as it is all fundamentally flawed, so where would I start?
2017-3-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 15:17
Oh I have no doubt you will report me yet again, but nevertheless, I will take the risk in order to alert people that they should not take any notice of your technically incorrect 'opinions'. I have no interest in 'insulting' you, in fact I have no interest in you at all.
I also have no interest in refuting any of what you have posted here, as it is all fundamentally flawed, so where would I start?

Being reported is not something done to you. is something you are doing to yourself.
I would like to present to you a small sample of what you post, maybe you could understand what is meant to be insulting by reading your own work:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=80937, message 14:

Drones do not do auto-rotation. You had better look up autorotation to get an insight on how it happens, because it requires variable pitch rotors in order to work. You are way out of your depth on this, just accept that a quad cannot recover from a single rotor loss.

Message 16 (another contributor) proved you wrong, this is what you responded “in acknowledgement” to your wrong opinion:

Nonsense[...]

BTW, we would appreciate it if you replaced the 'Wind' in your username with an 'R'.....

That happened in a thread marked as solved at the time of your reply.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-81402-1-1.html, message 10:

I think everyone on here is getting fed up with your constant stream of stupid comments, remarks and replies. I think it is a wonder that anyone bothers to answer your threads any longer, Please consider a username change as requested.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84042-1-1.html, message 56:

How about I ask the moderators to give me Captain's Privilege to erase all of your messages?

In message 108 you raise questions about my gender:

How do you know its a mister?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-86292-1-1.html, message 13:

You are wasting your breath unfortunately, *Soul is a veritable Mountain Of Misinformation.

And this is the reply you get on message 14, from another forum user:

Actually his post is technically correct but presents an incomplete picture of how best to shoot aerial video.

Further down to message 23, which you address to me:

You appear to be technically ignorant[...]. This forum would be better off without your uninformed advice. Simply put, go away and stop propagating bad advice.

Further down in message 50, this is your argumentation to a post of mine:

Amazing - that is the most incoherant collection of absolute garbage I have ever seen posted on this forum, congratulations, you have reached a new low in misinformation. I just hope the readers on here are able to see that rubbish for what it is.

And in message 54 this is what you declare:

So - that's the best you can do? Recycle my reply to you.

But no, I will not be going away. I have appointed myself a watchdog for your technical gloop and I will be standing by - ever Vigilant  - to refute it at every opportunity. Onwards and Upwards, The Quest For Truth and Enlightenment!!

In message 64 you interject in the discussion by addressing me this message:

Just stop posting idiotic advice, you are only confusing those who cannot seperate the wheat from the chaff. I see you are at it again with more ill-founded rubbish.

In this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-76152-1-1.html
In message 2 you make peculiar statements:

…Most airport and traffic control radar systems are only equipped to 'see' transponder equipped aircraft.

Then on message 14 you unleash on another contributor:

He does not say he is flying anywhere near an airport, so he does not need a lecture on that. …

in this thread, http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368, message 27:
I have no interest in 'insulting' you, in fact I have no interest in you at all."

"
later in the same message, you declare genuinely, but ignorant to your own previous statement("I have appointed myself a watchdog for your technical gloop and I will be standing by - ever Vigilant  - to refute it at every opportunity. Onwards and Upwards, The Quest For Truth and Enlightenment!!"):"
I also have no interest in refuting any of what you have posted here, as it is all fundamentally flawed, so where would I start?"

"

Now the circle is closed. All red statements are your own and I claim they are insults. You have a good sample of the insults, the statement about your committment to insult   and there is no hiding of the evidence anymore. Where do I think you should start? How about a solid public promise that you will be behaving normally, for a start?

You have a long history of being insulting on this forum. nobody cares for how wrong you are- and definitely nobody is so immature as to make out of a mistake of yours a reason to insult you, but you insult people and do it without reason, just because you know you can get away with.

You insult people without being triggered in any way. you get into discussions just to proliferate insults . you pretend at being offended by a mistake found in someone's opinion, while you are far from being always right.

nobody looks forward to have you rebuked or removed or whatever your worst fear is. understand this: we are all under the same rules here and whether someone is right or wrong is not your call to being rude.

2017-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-12 16:12
Being reported is not something done to you. is something you are doing to yourself.
I would like to present to you a small sample of what you post, maybe you could understand what is meant to be insulting by reading your own work:

Good bye, you have managed to derail yet another discussion into a narcissistic rant. My apologies to the OP for my part in it.
2017-3-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-12 16:23
Good bye, you have managed to derail yet another discussion into a narcissistic rant. My apologies to the OP for my part in it.
I see no acknowledging in your answer for the damage you've done. youre in so much denial of what you have done that i doubt you are even able to read and understand your own posts.
you need help understanding the damage you keep on doing on this forum. not in the form of misinformed opinions, since you rarely come up with an answer of your own, but with your attitude towards others. i may need help in forming my technical opinions and any input is welcome- including yours, as long as you behave yourself like a normal human being.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-12 16:47
you need help understanding the damage you keep on doing on this forum. not in the form of misinformed opinions, since you rarely come up with an answer of your own, but with your attitude towards others. i may need help in forming my technical opinions and any input is welcome- including yours, as long as you behave yourself like a normal human being.

You need help with everything not just understanding technical opinions, yours on the boosters which are worthless. The fact is your post incorrect information all the time and when corrected go into a hissy fit rant about how you feel insulted or your privacy has been invaded. Maybe if you posted something that was correct instead of what you believe to be true ( like the earth is flat ) then you would not get yourself roasted.  Even in this thread you come in with your opinions which are not based on any use of a booster and your nonsense claims of when you think they may or may not work.

I own and run a teleport ground station. I work with satellite up linking and down linking. I am certain I know more about gain, boost, terrestrial interference, SR, FEC, frequency, pids than your could ever understand. I am sure you can tell me why I need sometimes to use a 400w BUC and not a 200w BUC on an uplink to my client and what happens to clients equipment if I don't tell them of the change in uplink power. Your posts about boosters and what you believe are just rubbish plain and simple.  The OP was asking about people with boosters. That is not you, so take yourself off the threads you have no experience or technical knowledge of.  You are just making a fool of yourself nearly everytime you post. There is one thing other people have about the things they post about, that is knowledge, of which you show you have none.

Skycin has bought the Argtek Antenna. Once he receives it i am sure he will be happy to know that he will now have better signal from the RC to the drone with the extra output from the Argtek.  
2017-3-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 17:04
You need help with everything not just understanding technical opinions, yours on the boosters which are worthless. The fact is your post incorrect information all the time and when corrected go into a hissy fit rant about how you feel insulted or your privacy has been invaded. Maybe if you posted something that was correct instead of what you believe to be true ( like the earth is flat ) then you would not get yourself roasted.  Even in this thread you come in with your opinions which are not based on any use of a booster and your nonsense claims of when you think they may or may not work.

I own and run a teleport ground station. I work with satellite up linking and down linking. I am certain I know more about gain, boost, terrestrial interference, SR, FEC, frequency, pids than your could ever understand. I am sure you can tell me why I need sometimes to use a 400w BUC and not a 200w BUC on an uplink to my client and what happens to clients equipment if I don't tell them of the change in uplink power. Your posts about boosters and what you believe are just rubbish plain and simple.  The OP was asking about people with boosters. That is not you, so take yourself off the threads you have no experience or technical knowledge of.  You are just making a fool of yourself nearly everytime you post. There is one thing other people have about the things they post about, that is knowledge, of which you show you have none.

You need help with everything not just understanding technical opinions which are worthless.

What you state here is an absurdity. This is not only absurd about me or anyone else, is just something that should never become public on this forum.

The fact is your post incorrect information all the time and when corrected go into a hissy fit rant

This is so degrading that I wanted to remain on the forum even if you decided to erase it. It speaks so clearly about your intentions that I don’t even need to interpret it.

I am certain I know more about gain, boost, terrestrial interference, SR, FEC, frequency, pids than your could ever understand.

what is this, pride at work parade? who do you try to impress? nobody cares who you are or what you do. nobody's here for that.

Are you so kind to explain pid? Now that you are so sure about what I know, let alone understand.

take yourself off the threads you have no experience or technical knowledge of.

The reason anyone is here is to share and learn. Opinions are not made to be ultimately true but to construct the truth. I apologize if my sharing doesn’t fit your understanding of what an opinion of a forum means, but let me be clear that you have no authority to give orders.

There is one thing other people have about the things they post about, that is knowledge, of which you have none.

Coming from the master of knowledge in the field of rubbish as you clearly reiterated throughout this thread! please do exemplify what is the none of the knowledge that requires your uncivilized references!

Skycin has bought the Argtek Antenna. Once he receives it i am sure he will be happy to know that he will now have better signal from the RC to the drone with the extra output from the Argtek.

Of course that I am looking forward to his input. Maybe that will help me form a better opinion on the matter. Maybe i'll invest in the booster myself. Is the fact that an opinion is wrong a free license for you to be uncivilized? In so many consecutive posts, with so many adjectives?
2017-3-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-10 15:21
Hey DJI Joe, if you are going to rebuke me, how about doing it in such a way that it is readable. All I got was "If you're gonna call someone out for giv ..."

And on that issue, why is it wrong to call someone out for posting advice that is misleading, wrong and just plain stupid. People come here for help, not to be given bad advice that has no techincal validity.

are you by any measure in position to know what misleading, wrong and plain stupid is?
how many times you were proved wrong on this forum? how many times you were called in any way, let alone in terms as suggestive as misleading, wrong or plain stupid?

People dont come here for free help. they come here to find out what other people think and see if they can work with that. that may be help but is by no means free because anyone needs to adjust the information and decide for himself. if you think this is some kind of temple of ultimate truth where people ask and the gods respond, then you cant be farther from the truth in the name of which you are being so constantly rude.

Stating an opinion is not the same with providing bad advice. you are inferring that someone knowingly or not is trying to advise. nobody is advising anyone here, each one states what he thinks is best for him in the scenario offered in the thread. this is so elementary that if you believe what i have done- or anyone else is to offer advise, then let me say that is a very immature way of looking at the posts in this forum.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

"Stating an opinion is not the same with providing bad advice"

Except in your case it is.  Your opinion is wrong. End of story. Stop giving people bad advice on technical things which you have no understanding of. This is what you wrote "I don't believe that a drone can function reliably in a place with high interference (bad signal) just by employing extenders, simple as that." Thread is about what booster to use.

Does windsoul have a booster? NO!!!  Does windsoul have any technical expertise? NO!!! Does windsoul have a booster? NO!!! Does windsoul have any experience using a booster? NO!!!

Does windsoul give bad advice on technical matters he has no expertise in?  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-3-12
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

https://www.maxxuav.com/. Buy a modified controller hence dji factory warranty is void modifying your existing controller. You can to save money however modifying your controller. But, it's nice to have a stock controller as a back up and for warranty purposes. Then add the evolite kit amplified. I run both the dbs 2.2 panel amplified and the larger maxxrange panel. With the dbs 2.2 panel amplified is all ya really need. The maxxrange will extend ya a wee bit further but not much for the added weight. Jake Jones is great to deal with and knows his stuff.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-12 19:08
https://www.maxxuav.com/. Buy a modified controller hence dji factory warranty is void modifying your existing controller. You can to save money however modifying your controller. But, it's nice to have a stock controller as a back up and for warranty purposes. Then add the evolite kit amplified. I run both the dbs 2.2 panel amplified and the larger maxxrange panel. With the dbs 2.2 panel amplified is all ya really need. The maxxrange will extend ya a wee bit further but not much for the added weight. Jake Jones is great to deal with and knows his stuff.

Yes fortunately you tube is full of good advice from people who have actually flown many types of drones and used boosters.  I saw the one from DJ SOUL FORCE.  I have nearly doubled his distance.  I think he should have been flying a bit higher.  I just did 12920ft or  Farthest Home Distance: 3,939 m

I took a video of the flight which is a total 30,000ft or 9.146km  Got back with 35% battery remaining from the in out to max distance then did another local area. landed with 24% battery as the wind was picking up.  40mph speed reached. Cruising. P3S and Argtek.  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/CQOU8JWG72HK79G6SY5Y/

2017-3-12
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 20:09
Yes fortunately you tube is full of good advice from people who have actually flown many types of drones and used boosters.  I saw the one from DJ SOUL FORCE.  I have nearly doubled his distance.  I think he should have been flying a bit higher.  I just did 12920ft or  Farthest Home Distance: 3,939 m

I took a video of the flight which is a total 30,000ft or 9.146km  Got back with 35% battery remaining from the in out to max distance then did another local area. landed with 24% battery as the wind was picking up.  40mph speed reached. Cruising. P3S and Argtek.  

16754 feet in city using the smaller dbs panel amplified. All I'm gonna say
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-3-12 20:12
16754 feet in city using the smaller dbs panel amplified. All I'm gonna say

Great stuff.  So much for those who have never used a booster but their opinion is that boosters will not help.  

FLIGHT LOG

FLIGHT LOG
2017-3-12
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-12 18:27
"Stating an opinion is not the same with providing bad advice"

Except in your case it is.  Your opinion is wrong. End of story. Stop giving people bad advice on technical things which you have no understanding of. This is what you wrote "I don't believe that a drone can function reliably in a place with high interference (bad signal) just by employing extenders, simple as that." Thread is about what booster to use.

i cant level with you, i'm sorry.
maybe is a cultural thing, maybe you live and breathe to insult people. fact is i should have let DJI take over, but i always believed in common sense over the strict rule of law. honestly i regret getting involved because it wasnt worth it: you proved incapable at changing your bullying behavior or even admitting that there is something fundamentally wrong with your behavior.

in message 32 i tried to show you how absurd and senseless and pointless your statements are, i made a compilation of yourself in ways most of the people in this world would recognize. people will judge us for eons to come and if i was wrong, then i hope will be regarded as a human mistake, without the prejudice caused by the wrong use of words.

There is no exception to the statement youre quoting, the excerpt from my post.
Stating an opinion is not the same with providing bad advice. whether the opinion is wrong or not it doesnt change anything. is just an opinion, not a sales pitch. I'm not an adviser nor i claim to be, so where the idea of bad advice in first place?

If you cant understand that much then there is nothing left.
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules