Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Motor/Prop Rattling Noise
198 8 2017-3-20 11:26:14
JBSonic
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 28382
United Kingdom

Hello lovely people,
my Inspire 2 has the well known rattling noise on the front left motor, red prop.

How would I remidy this? I believe there are v2 props out now, I can confirm that mine are not v2.
Would DJI kindly send me a set of 4 to fix that problem on the new inspire 2,  it has flown twice so far (once without camera, second with camera). I did not notice any anomalies otherwise, the drone performed well showed no sign of vibration or odd flight behaviour.

Thanks a bunch
2017-3-20 11:26:14
Use props
Gybo102
Intern Pilot
United States

Contact support, they will ask you to send them yours *first* in return they will send new ones. Your bird will be down during that time... there is a thread on here with things you can do yourself to address this issue.
GL
2017-3-20 12:24:34
Use props
JBSonic
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

Thanks, I have contacted support, waiting to hear back from them.
2017-3-20 14:03:39
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 34239
United States

If you've tried the replacement props and they have this issue, then you would want to contact Support in order to get some replacement props.
2017-3-20 14:59:41
Use props
JBSonic
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie, thanks, I can confirm that the replacement props do not have that issue.
I noticed that the white props all have a 2 on them, none of the red ones (even the replacement ones) have that.
Are they not of the same revision or is it meaningless. Like they seem to look identical but one rattles, the other does not.

anyway, thank you.
4 days ago
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 34239
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2017-3-21 10:21
Hi Jamie, thanks, I can confirm that the replacement props do not have that issue.
I noticed that the white props all have a 2 on them, none of the red ones (even the replacement ones) have that.
Are they not of the same revision or is it meaningless. Like they seem to look identical but one rattles, the other does not.

Most customers with the V2 red props have noticed the '2' on the red props as well, but not all of them did and had only the inner foam piece to show they were the V2 ones. If one works but not the other, you might want to try replacing the prop locks to see if it persists. Worse case, Support can help you out with replacements.
4 days ago
Use props
Dr Jon
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 117526
China

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-21 15:08
Most customers with the V2 red props have noticed the '2' on the red props as well, but not all of them did and had only the inner foam piece to show they were the V2 ones. If one works but not the other, you might want to try replacing the prop locks to see if it persists. Worse case, Support can help you out with replacements.

A 100% fix is to replace the prop locks but dont use the "red" use a white one it will fit and fix your problem, once fitted use a small amount of nail varnish to change its colour.
4 days ago
Use props
JBSonic
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

Thank you for the tip Jon, I would imagine that DJI is going to want to permanently fix it and will release new mount versions. I will just purchase a set of new mounts when  this has been fixed rather than going for the white ones for now.
3 days ago
Use props
JBSonic
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

So support got back to me, asking me to send the entire drone to them... For this ??
I would suggest everyone to just ask for repair parts before you end up with a fixed up inspire 2.
3 days ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next