Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mid flight shut down!!!
2471 19 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bueno
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72510 ft
United States

Phantom 4 was 3 min into flight when I lost signal and it shut down at 150ft and as you can guess fell to the ground? Fully charged batt that was still seated when I got to the crash! Any thoughts or has anyone heard this before. Had it since last oct. and never had an issue. Batt still has full charge.
2017-3-25
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Hey. Sorry to hear that, but there are more and more P4s falling down. Can You share flight log?
2017-3-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.  Please upload log here and share:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2017-3-25
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-25 10:24
Sorry for your loss.  Please upload log here and share:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I think it downloaded.
2017-3-25
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-3-25 10:19
Hey. Sorry to hear that, but there are more and more P4s falling down. Can You share flight log?

hopefully this works?  

crash.txt
2017-3-25
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Bueno Posted at 2017-3-25 13:59
hopefully this works?  

crash.txt

Download your ORIGINAL file and upload it.
2017-3-25
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

Real new to this! How do I upload flight log here?
2017-3-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Instructions are in the link in Post #3
2017-3-25
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

OK i did upload it to that address, so hopefully folks can see it and give their thoughts.
2017-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bueno Posted at 2017-3-25 18:36
OK i did upload it to that address, so hopefully folks can see it and give their thoughts.

No-one can see anything unless you come back and post a link to the report that Phantomhelp gave you.
2017-3-25
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

Hopefully this is done right so folks can view it.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogVi ... GC953XZTV/crash.txt
2017-3-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

No sir.  

After you locate and upload the txt or csv file to the site per the site's instructions, you will then see a google map with your flight path on the google map and a table below.  So the next thing you want to do is copy that url.  

Then paste the url to this thread.  

And if you do all that, this is what you'll get:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SA7PP3FBNM0FOTZ29IOU/

So you lost connection... right?

Are you sure it crashed and didn't autoland?  From 125 ft onto asphalt, it would be badly damaged.  

2017-3-26
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Bueno Posted at 2017-3-26 12:56
Hopefully this is done right so folks can view it.

Can't see much wrong with that, you didn't land, it didn't hit anything, but the log stops with the aircraft still at 38.3m altitude and nothing for it to land on up there

Only odd thing I see is that in the last two lines the battery voltage has dropped from 16.105V to 14.916V which is odd since the motors are not using any extra power and the voltage reported by the individual battery cells has not dropped.   You had just accelerated sideways but the battery current had actually dropped because you had stopped turning.  Not sure if this indicates a problem or not, maybe a power problem on the controller board.

Get in touch with DJI support, sync your logs and get them to take a look.   I guess they will replace it under warrantee, or repair it under warrantee if it landed on something soft.
2017-3-26
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Was the battery still powered on when you found it?
2017-3-26
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-26 15:28
No sir.  

After you locate and upload the txt or csv file to the site per the site's instructions, you will then see a google map with your flight path on the google map and a table below.  So the next thing you want to do is copy that url.  

Heavy damage! It looks like it crashed upside down! All the propeller hubs were smashed. One of the arms was half broken. The gimble arm snapped off. The gimble housing even has a dent in it when the arm snapped. Landing gear intact? Oh it crashed!!
2017-3-27
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-26 15:33
Was the battery still powered on when you found it?

Battery has damage from the fall however was still 4 bars and still seated properly.
2017-3-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

So the battery still turns on?

This flight log came from your flight app / mobile device, right?  

Where did you find it?  Did you find it on the side of the road as the map seems to indicate?  

Is it possible it auto-landed in the road and was run over by a car?

Is your Fail-Safe set to RTH?  

2017-3-27
Use props
Bueno
lvl.1
United States

Battery still turns on.
Yes from the Ipad I was using.
Found it right where it last showed it was.
No it fell, neighbor saw it. Shut off than crashed.
Yes on RTH. When i lost signal i thought it would come home however nothing just as my log shows.
2017-3-27
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bueno Posted at 2017-3-27 07:50
Heavy damage! It looks like it crashed upside down! All the propeller hubs were smashed. One of the arms was half broken. The gimble arm snapped off. The gimble housing even has a dent in it when the arm snapped. Landing gear intact? Oh it crashed!!

It was a bad height to fall from, time for the propellers to completely stop and the aircraft to become unstable.  If it had been twice the height then the propellers would have spun up in reverse and it would have landed the correct way up, falling somewhat slower.

The logs on the aircraft will tell DJI what happened, presumably a power failure somewhere.  

Normally when we see these problems it is in the aircraft's first few flights, it appears to be only the battery's 6th flight, how many flights has the aircraft made?
2017-3-27
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hope u r within warranty and u contacted dji support! Do NOT let them get away with it, if u r within a year, and it was not your fault. They are actually not bad about such things - we just here the bed stories here, as opposed to the good ones.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules