What to do if you failed in upgrading to the latest firmware?!
4694 17 2015-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ATN INSPIRE1 HU
lvl.1

Hungary

If You failed to successfully update the Inspire1 copter's latest firmware by chance, it is likely caused by NOT USING WINZIP to unzip the bin file.
STRICTLY USE WINZIP to unzip the file, not just simple drag and drop the bin file from the zip.
Also, format the SD card to FAT32, our experience about ExFat is not good at all, the update process started and did not want to stop. We had to power off the copter. The BIN file is 81,8 MB (85 789 836 B).
The update process took about 10 minutes, with a rhythmical noise.
Unfortunally we had to make at least 10 times of attempts till we were succes in upgarding. Do not give up!
At the end of the success update, You can find a "txt" file (WM610_FW_RESULT_AB.txt), the content is: "result: success ".
Hope this help. Good luck!

2015-2-28
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Is it safe to assume the "Archive Utility" will work, for the MAC users that haven't purchased WinZip for Mac?
2015-2-28
Use props
rdsbira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39895 ft
Brazil

I tried exFat, FAT32, FAT and nothing happened. It is not making any noise, just continuously flashing yellow led. When I check the file, the content is "result:cancel"
This is ridiculous! How DJI can provide a very trick update procedure for a 3K copter?!?
2015-2-28
Use props
ATN INSPIRE1 HU
lvl.1

Hungary

Do as we wrote.
The "result: cancel" usually meant to already have the latest firmware. Use FAT32, and WINZIP.
2015-2-28
Use props
davegsa.live
lvl.2

United Kingdom

rdsbira@gmail.c Posted at 2015-2-28 22:26
I tried exFat, FAT32, FAT and nothing happened. It is not making any noise, just continuously flashi ...

have you done the update on the TX as well ? mine done the same until I plugged sd card via a card reader in takes about 10 seconds then update should start
2015-2-28
Use props
ATN INSPIRE1 HU
lvl.1

Hungary

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-28 22:01
Is it safe to assume the "Archive Utility" will work, for the MAC users that haven't purchased WinZi ...

The WINZIP is NOT shareware, but it has a limited time of period when You can use it as a trial. Download the MAC version for a trial period.
2015-2-28
Use props
ATN INSPIRE1 HU
lvl.1

Hungary

davegsa.live Posted at 2015-2-28 22:30
have you done the update on the TX as well ? mine done the same until I plugged sd card via a card ...

Controllers were updated successfully via USB (for the fist time!), drag and drop solution worked there smoothly. We do no know why.
At copter we had to use WINZIP to unzip the bin file to SD card.
2015-2-28
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here are some tips on updating to the latest firmware:

1. format your micro-sd card
2. Download the update firmware files from the DJI site
3. Transfer the .bin file to your microsd card.
4. With the Aircraft switched off, insert the card.
5. Turn on the Transmitter and set up your device
6. Turn on the Inspire... you will now be asked if you wish to update
7. Confirm the update
8. The Transmitter shows a progress bar which does NOT increase past 0%
9. The update to the aircraft takes about 30 minutes (you will hear noises that sound like an old dot-matrix printer)
10. The aircraft does NOT shut down or give you any other indication that the update is done (in my experience)
11. After 30 mins turn off the aircraft and remove the SD card. Check on the card and you will see a .txt file. Open this. This will conform whether the update has been successful. If not, delete the .txt file and start again....
12. Transfer the .bin file to a usb stick and insert in the transmitter.
13. Turn on transmitter and wait... It will bleep repeatedly and you will have a blue light indicating that the update is proceeding. When you get a solid free light the job is done
14. Check the .txt file after the update to ensure that it has completed correctly.
15 If transmitter has not updated properly, delete the .txt file and repeat the process.
The Tx does NOT need to remain on for the aircraft update. It will be disconnected from the aircraft during the update so if it switches itself off, do not worry...

I hope this helps. It is a painful procedure but it does work....
2015-2-28
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is my screen shoot even thu I was not able to update the bird but was able to update the RCAM i missing something?

Screenshot_2015-02-27-22-48-06.png
2015-2-28
Use props
rdsbira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39895 ft
Brazil

davegsa.live Posted at 2015-2-28 22:30
have you done the update on the TX as well ? mine done the same until I plugged sd card via a card ...

I have updated the TX with no problem...just plugged a pendrive... my problem is in the quad... App says that is in the latest version
2015-2-28
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

rdsbira@gmail.c Posted at 2015-2-28 23:35
I have updated the TX with no problem...just plugged a pendrive... my problem is in the quad... Ap ...

You might have the latest version as I to have the same issue
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

My question is.. if the quad cant talk to the transmitter when the firmware doesn't match but they did communicate previously it should be impossible for one to accept an upgrade but not the other as they both need the same firmware right? so one is clearly not upgraded.
Unless you need to re bind after the installation.
2015-2-28
Use props
lakecreekranch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to list the appropriate steps for the Firmware upgrade and share them with the Forum...
It is greatly appreciated...
2015-3-1
Use props
vaszary
New

Hungary

Hey guys I have a problem I can't resolve and searched everywhere without any luck. I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my brand new Inspire 1. The copter itself is successfully upgraded, but the transmitter upgrade somehow was unsuccessful. I did it with the cable connected to the gimbal, it started but the txt file says: Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again. I do, but it starts up without beeps. Went and bought an card reader and tried directly with the transmitter, same result. What could be the problem? Is there any hard reset button or something like a button combination to be able to try again?
2015-3-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

brianmlevy.me Posted at 2015-2-28 23:26
Here are some tips on updating to the latest firmware:

1. format your micro-sd card

Thanks for the advice.
2015-3-17
Use props
FlyingSquirrel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17141325 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hey guys, mine says it is the latest firmware but I know the time I tried to upgrade it did not take because the progress bar never moved.
So I formated to Fat32 - winziped the bin file directly to the card using winzip. Insert in camera, turned on the control - the pad - then the I1 - still says LATEST FIRMWARE.... Im sure it is not correct.  Can I downgrade the firm? then start over? HELP!
Dammit DJI this is very frustrating!!
2015-3-17
Use props
joe.montalto13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1686007 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does some one have a older version of the firmware? my will not work. V01.0.2.01.00 i accidentally shut down in the middle of the update and now it will not update. it says that its updated but i don't think it is.
2015-4-26
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

"The BIN file is 81,8 MB (85 789 836 B)"Where do you see that?  My extracted bin file using win zip is 38.376MB
2015-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules