# OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Review# Finally Low Latency!
11959 22 2017-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial-Pixel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2450935 ft
  • >>>
United States

First of thank you DJI for allowing me to Beta Test the new OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter! This is a huge plus for me because I've been plagued with having to have my Google Pixel in Airplane mode (with WiFi on) to be able to connect to the OSMO Pro, therefore I have not been able to broadcast live via Facebook Live or Youtube Live. Osmo Cable.jpg

WHAT DOES IT DO?
The OSMO™ Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter is able to transform video signal to USB signal. It is used to connect the Osmo Pro/RAW to OJI Crystal Sky Monitor and Android mobile devices without a Wi-Fi connection, making the captured footage more stable and smooth. It is ideal for solving problems that are caused by the limitations of Wi-Fi connection such as lagging footage, long latency and the inability to manually focus accurately. For Osmo Pro/RAW, the OJI GO™ app comes with an additional Peak Focus function that improves manual focus accuracy.
Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter can be used with the Osmo X5 Adapter and Osmo PrO/RAW Z-Axis. It also comes with a DJI Focus communication port, which allows the mobile device and DJI Focus or DJI Focus Handwheel to connect simultaneously.

UNBOXING
The OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter comes in the ever familiar DJI Accessory packaging. The adapter is a quality well made cable in keeping with all DJI accessories. In the package is the adapter itself and a small instructional manual.
IMG_20170501_184625.jpg IMG_20170501_200927.jpg IMG_20170501_184744.jpg IMG_20170501_184752.jpg

FIRMWARE UPGRADE
In order to use the OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter I first had to download and update the firmware of the OSMO Pro to version 1.4.0.70. Then it was time for the simple install.
To learn how to update the firmware on your OSMO Pro/Raw visit THIS DJI TUTORIAL VIDEO.

INSTALLATION
1.         Connect the communication port on the Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter to the communication port on the X5 adapter.

2.         Connect the USB port on the Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter to your mobile device using a proper cable (not included, choose the proper cable according to the mobile device's port).
IMG_20170501_200232.jpg
3.         Connect the DJI Focus communication port on the Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter to the DJI Focus Handwheel using the dedicated communication cable (not included). Once the installation is complete, turn on the Osmo Pro/ RAW to start use.  I do not currently use the Focus Handwheel so I skipped this step.

At first I found the extra cable and adapter a little distracting but I found if you rout the cable under between the device holder and the phone it gets it out of the way as shown here:
2017-05-01 19-12-11 c634f741.jpg
ADAPTER PERFORMANCE
The adapter performed even better than expected. The video feed was crystal clear and latency was almost non-existent! The added benefit for me and my Google Pixel not needing to connect with WiFi in Airplane Mode was a huge bonus!
Screenshot_20170501-193508.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS
If you need extremely low latency and a good crystal clear connection this adapter is for you! Find a way to route your cables to minimize the bulk and you will be amazed at the results and convenience. No waiting for WiFi to connect, just plug and go!

OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Package

OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter Package
2017-5-1
Use props
Kantian1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for that.
2017-5-2
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi,
I have just been excepted and the adaptor is on its way but your review is great, what can I now say..
well done.
2017-5-3
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow this is perfect for live streaming as now you can connect to other wifi's.
2017-5-4
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like we should put some velcro on the adapter and some on the handle/holder  somewhere.

I'd love to see the CrystalSky mount for Osmo also.
2017-5-5
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the reviews.  Is there no way to get a clean video signal out via this adapter (for external recording, switching, or sending to an external streaming box)?  It plugs into an android device for control and monitoring (in lieu of using wifi connection) but if I wanted to record the video signal separately without on-screen display info there's no way to do that?
2017-5-5
Use props
AlanKing235
New

Philippines

Perfect, we will look into more of this and keep us inspire.
2017-5-7
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HDMI out would be nice
2017-5-7
Use props
danirvine 1
lvl.2
Australia

Nice work mate
Question how come this won't work with iPhones ?
2017-5-14
Use props
Labdrone
New

Belgium

FIRMWARE UPGRADE
In order to use the OSMO Pro/Raw Wired Video Adapter I first had to download and update the firmware of the OSMO Pro to version 1.4.0.70. Then it was time for the simple install.
To learn how to update the firmware on your OSMO Pro/Raw visit THISDJI TUTORIALVIDEO.

Hey.
Great thanks for the tutorial. I can non upgrade the OSMO
2017-5-28
Use props
CravenMoorehead
New
Thailand

Great now they can add active track to the Osmo Plus..lol
2017-5-28
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

The Image and Video Download to an Android device it is faster than with WIFI? And is also posible to download 4k videos to the device?
2017-6-2
Use props
fans94e2294a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2171772 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Thanks for the review! Can You confirm that this adapter enables Focus Peaking on Android Go app?
2017-6-14
Use props
Tecnocato
lvl.1
United States

That's what I thought it was!
2017-7-4
Use props
MadImage BOI
lvl.1

United States

why can’t this be used with iOS devices ??? I bought one and then after I see its only android !  WTF  DAM  %^%&*%%*&7   why can’t you FIX this DJI?  If you have it working  for android why not apple as I would say 50-75% of us are iOS  users   come on !   Did i get my point across or was I too immature ?lol
2017-7-4
Use props
Tim G
New
United States

I purchased one and am trying to use it with my nexus 7 but it isnt working... I called dji and they are clueless.... can anyone help?
2017-7-29
Use props
boogui
lvl.1
France

Hello. I just received the adapter and i can't get it working on my samsung a5.
I update my x5r and plug. The phone doesn't ask about USB permission. No sign on the device in dji go app ...?
2017-8-25
Use props
fans93eab31c
New
United States

This doesn't work and DJI tech support is a joke. I think it's time DJI gets a lawsuit for the repeat BS.
2018-1-2
Use props
fans93eab31c
New
United States

This doesn't work and DJI tech support is a joke. I think it's time DJI gets a lawsuit for the repeat BS. If you have had simular situations where DJI has sold you products and they dont work and you have tried support with no prevail please E-mail me @ seanmstudio6@gmail.com. Together we will build a strong case.
2018-1-2
Use props
The Polymath
lvl.2
Flight distance : 644672 ft
United States

I'm not exactly sure why some useres cannot get this adapter to work...

I am getting unacceptable lag through the Wired Adapter. I bought it to eliminate (greatly reduce) the Lag associated with the WiFi connectivity from the Osmo Pro to the Display Device be it Android or iOS to make pulling focus easier and knowing when to stop vs. any unnecessary bounce back from overshooting, or guessing approximately where to stop.
I am seeing anywhere from 305-845 milliseconds lag from my OsmoPro, Focus2, through the wired adapter to my Nexus7 running the latest AOS and the OsmoPro running the recommended v1.4.0.70... I have also connected it to my I2's Crystal Sky monitor and run this test again with similar results... So far I am very disappointed... This cable does not do what it claims, and the integration issues that some other users are having is going to be salt in the wound once you get it to work and are not happy with the results...
To put the 305-845 milliseconds lag time into perspective, the average human reaction time is between 200-280 milliseconds.

Aloha

2018-1-3
Use props
plakplak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2884 ft
Spain

MadImage BOI Posted at 2017-7-4 12:24
why can’t this be used with iOS devices ??? I bought one and then after I see its only android !  WTF  DAM  %^%&*%%*&7   why can’t you FIX this DJI?  If you have it working  for android why not apple as I would say 50-75% of us are iOS  users   come on !   Did i get my point across or was I too immature ?lol

I just found out that if you use Litchi for osmo app it works on iOS, although I don’t the interface. When i use the Dji Go app I can see the image in the screen for a microsecond before I get an error message. So it does work, it’s just disabled
2019-4-14
Use props
djiuser_2IXompRVqo57
lvl.1

Brazil

Hi! Nice content! Do you know where can I by this adaptar? I try e-bay but coudn't find it
2023-8-26
Use props
djiuser_2IXompRVqo57
lvl.1

Brazil

dr.nick Posted at 2017-5-5 13:30
Thanks for the reviews.  Is there no way to get a clean video signal out via this adapter (for external recording, switching, or sending to an external streaming box)?  It plugs into an android device for control and monitoring (in lieu of using wifi connection) but if I wanted to record the video signal separately without on-screen display info there's no way to do that?

Need to conect to a cristalsky monitor and use hdmi output and select camera view in the output mode options.
2023-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules