Anyone having GPS/ATTI mode dropouts with 1.2.0.17
2443 14 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Numerous GPS drop-outs/auto switching to ATTI mode on first flight with 1.2.0.17

No drops on 20 flights prior to 1.2.0.17 firmware update
2015-3-8
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here today, did not have issues in previous flights with 1.2.0.17. Not sure why I kept getting compass error even though I calibrated. Weak signals with the Inspire within 100 ft and constant error and switching to ATTI mode. Inspire did not try to fly away but kept me from taking it higher or farther. Sucks
2015-3-8
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

With the new firmware I am now having GPS loss coupled with a variety of Pilot App prompts and warnings including compass error.  Did not have such issues with the previous two versions.  Out flying today to see how it goes.  
2015-3-8
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

All the time along with crappy video, compass error and weak transmission didn't have these issues before the update
2015-3-8
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

larry.crim Posted at 2015-3-9 00:17
All the time along with crappy video, compass error and weak transmission didn't have these issues b ...

Every flight, analyzing the flight logs, I had less or more GPS loss. There for I'd advice DJI to put an loud acoustical warning in the next update when the mode changed to ATTI so the Pilot is aware of that.
My expectation is that this will prevent a lot of (fatal) problems due to Pilot error.

2015-3-12
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I have this every single flight since the firmware update regardless of where I am. Never happened to me prior to the firmware update.

I am getting pretty good at flying ATTI mode now though so it doesn't scare me anymore..
2015-3-12
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

signal loss all the time, even when isnpire 1 is 10 meters away from me. prior to the last firmware update i had less.
2015-3-12
Use props
ei4jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1890640 ft
Ireland

Compass error here as well with all flights when it happens the camera twitches as well. I hope that DJI get it fixed in the next update
2015-3-12
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

larry.crim Posted at 2015-3-9 00:17
All the time along with crappy video, compass error and weak transmission didn't have these issues b ...

I have been extremely happy with the Inspire up until this update.

Attempted a flight 3 days ago and could not get any gps signal at all. Calibrated compass and checked IMU.  Aircrat app said safe to fly non gps, atti mode. There was no gps signal at all so thought it may have been an issue with the location (even though it was in the open). I was more than confident to fly in atti  , shoot required was close to the launch location.
First 8 minutes of flight there was no issues. Then control inputs felt a little unresponsive at this point so brought the craft back to land. Aircraft became very unresponsive approx 4m away and 4m up but managed to reduce fish bowling with some major control inputs. Just as I was about to lower landing gear, recieved an RC signal loss and craft took off at full power climbing at an angle of approx 45 degrees....aircraft totally destroyed after hitting a tree around 30m away.
DJI are investigating flight data but this scenario just makes no sense at all. Signal loss with craft in front of me. With no GPS, where was the craft thinking of heading off to? Home point was manually set prior to take off but I was not certain this would do anything as I had no GPS.  Software 1.2.0.17 was installed 2 days prior to this.
I will let you all know the response from DJI........ be vigilant with this version of software! I do not wish to categorically say that this was the fault but this situation just leads to one conclusion in my book.
2015-3-12
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

Wolfman sorry to hear about your incident and hope it gets sorted promptly. One question, when it took off by itself did it respond to any stick commands from you or did it happen too fast to react?
2015-3-12
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

steve2909 Posted at 2015-3-13 06:01
Wolfman sorry to hear about your incident and hope it gets sorted promptly. One question, when it to ...

Hi Steve,

I was on to it straight away as the craft was right in front of me. immediately  attempted stick commands but it did not respond at all. I guess this is why pilot app displayed "RC signal loss" status. It is just hard to understand how signal loss can occur with the craft directly in front of me and only 4m away!

I would be interested to know if I am the only one that has experienced such strange behaviour with the new software version running. I have successfully extracted all flight data logs and the last flight in particular appears to be in tact. DJI are now assessing. Interestingly, I have an associate that has also experienced limited to no GPS signal in open area until the aircraft was above 10m.

Hopefully DJI can get on to this ASAP
2015-3-12
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

3 flights so far, no GPS dropout yet. I'm on .17.
2015-3-12
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks Wolfman, signal loss at that range is a bit of a worry. Mine has been very solid except for a few seconds of GPS drop out....no bother though as I'm always aware of it and like Atti mode anyway. On my first flight (couple of months ago) mine did something similar but it wasn't signal loss only the usual drop into Atti. However,  this time it did not respond to any stick control for about 4 seconds and flew away quickly towards some trees, luckily it regained control just before the trees and I was able to fly it back...it hasn't happened again so maybe it was just a glitch at the time. A brown pants moment for 4 seconds though! Lets hope you get an answer to your problem soon.
2015-3-12
Use props
member.pierre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426184 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Since a few months I have established a new business in drone filming - without any issues. Just recently I bought a Inspire which I had flown for a few practice rounds before leaving for an expedition in Guadeloupe. My first flight went dramatically wrong 2 minutes after calibration and take off when the drone went unresponsive and flew in the direction of the sea. I immediately started the land the drone but couldn't direct it to not go down into the sea. When checking the recorded flight it seems that the drone without any manipulation and with satellite in full range from my side switched several times from GPS to P-ATTI and P-OPTI mode which caused the unresponsiveness. I've read on forums that this has happened to other drone pilots as well. In my view this is a technical issue that merits replacement of the drone, which I need for several projects (my drone has been sent back to the manufacturer to assess repairs). How can I make this happen?

2015-3-13
Use props
jhb.delange
New

South Africa

I am a Phantom2 pilot and decided to upgrade to Inspire1. I received the drone updated with the new firmware. I also receive occasional GPS loss coupled with a variety of Pilot App prompts and warnings including compass error. Surely with so many people reporting these issues there has to be a bug in the firmware?
2015-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules