Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge Futaba 14 SG Settings and setup.
26597 19 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

Hi All,
When I first started setting up my Lightbridge I started to run into a few issues with the setup. I found that there was not many guides explaining all the settings and complete setup for the Futaba and LB.

I use mode 2 on my Futaba Radios, Pilot radio has a centering spring for the throttle.

This setup works on my S1000+, A2, Lightbridge, Z15 HD GH4.

So here are my settings.

Firstly Single Operator

Ensure you select 12 channel trainer mode on your radio. (Double tap SYS - Trainer - Page 4 - Ch Mode - 12

Single Operator Config

Single Operator Config

Channel Control Function
1 - AIL J1
2 - ELE J2
3 - THR J3
4 - RUD J4
5 - AUX 1 SC Flight Mode (Channel U)
6 - VPP SA Cruise Control
7 - AUX 6 SH Shutter/Record
8 - GEARSD Gear
9 - AUX 2 SE Camera Reset/Mode
10 - AUX 3 SB IOC
11 - AUX 4 RD Pan
12 - AUX5 LD Tilt

If you are using the default settings you will need to have some channels reversed.

Channel Control
1 - AIL J1Norm
2 - ELE J2Rev
3 - THR J3Rev
4 - RUD J4Norm
5 - AUX 1 SCRev
6 - VPP SANorm
7 - AUX 6 SHNorm
8 - GEARSD Rev
9 - AUX 2 SENorm
10 - AUX 3 SBRev
11 - AUX 4 RDRev
12 - AUX5 LDRev

You may need to adjust the endpoint for channel 5 (U), otherwise you may only be able to engage atti of failsafe.

Channel Name End Travel Travel End
5 Aux 1 80 100 80 100

Channel assignment in the app is as follows.

App Settings

App Settings

Now Dual Operator.

Pilot Radio - No changes needed here.

Camera operator radio.

I setup a new craft to manage the control of the gimbal.
If you are running the latest firmware select multirotor.

Channel Control Function
1 - Tilt J1 Tilt
2 - Pan J2 Pan
3 - Rec SH Record/Shutter
4 - Mode SB Reset Mode
5 - RUD J4 Roll
6 - AUX 5 SA Reset forward/Down
7 - AUX 4 SC Aux 2
8 - AUX 3SD Aux 3

No Channels Reversed

20150309_140047.png

The Lightbridge config program does not allow different profiles, so to swap between the two you will have to reconfigure the LB through the desktop application. If you do decide to use these settings, please perform a controlled bench test to confirm all settings are working before first live flight.
Though these settings work for me - please use these at your own risk.

2015-3-8
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing. Very useful.
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI defaults Channel 7 to the mode switch.  You can set it up any way you want but if you want to be consistent with other controllers I would recommend that.  I normally use 5 for gear, 6 for IOC and 8 for RTH.  The balance I use for the gimbal.
2015-3-17
Use props
richardhuison
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54455 ft

United Kingdom

That is a great write up are you in the UK?
2015-3-21
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

richardhuison@y Posted at 2015-3-21 21:17
That is a great write up  are you in the UK?

Thanks. Brisbane Australia. The UK seems to be to cold for me.
2015-3-21
Use props
tntman
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks heaps!!!

I am about to program my S900 setup tonight!  Mine is same as yours except for the Zenmuse.  I am using a cheapie Tarot gimbal for my GoPro initially until I am confident of flying this beast!  Then will get a proper gimbal to fly my GH4/A7s!
2015-3-29
Use props
sniblett.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 719754 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the settings, but do you know how to set up single operator with 12 channels and no gimbal control - just the video feed? I have been trying for days. LB assistant shows 12 channels working, but A2 Assistant only shows 8 working! It's a real mystery. Thanks again...
2015-4-8
Use props
post.abfilm
lvl.2

Norway

Thanks. You saved me for many hours
2015-4-23
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

Glad they helped,
2015-4-23
Use props
post.abfilm
lvl.2

Norway

Having some problems. Could i please see what you have setup in the A2 mapping ?
2015-4-26
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

post.abfilm Posted at 2015-4-27 01:33
Having some problems. Could i please see what you have setup in the A2 mapping ?

The forum wont allow me to upload directly, follow the links for the settings on the A2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... k0/view?usp=sharing

&

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 2M/view?usp=sharing
These settings are in Single Op mode as I am not currently using Dual Op.
2015-4-26
Use props
post.abfilm
lvl.2

Norway

smee56@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-27 07:31
The forum wont allow me to upload directly, follow the links for the settings on the A2

https://dr ...

Thanks I am setting up dual operator. I had to send in the z15 gh4 gimbal because it was not working. Unbalanced, no videofeed and didnt get the controls to work

Gonna setup now without a gimbal just to fly a little Have only had a f550 and phantoms before so i am looking forwards to getting it in the air
2015-4-27
Use props
markboyt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4035026 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-18 11:09
DJI defaults Channel 7 to the mode switch.  You can set it up any way you want but if you want to be ...

I can't get my second controller to work. both via light bridge. Using a T14J and T8J for camera op. When I plug the trainer wire in nothing happens.

Any settings needed using the T8J or light bridge app to make it work?

Thanks in advance.
2015-7-26
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

markboyt@btconn Posted at 2015-7-27 07:01
I can't get my second controller to work. both via light bridge. Using a T14J and T8J for camera o ...

Are you getting any channel movement in the DJI LB desktop app for the camera Op Tx?
2015-7-28
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11250 ft
South Africa

Hello all, thanks for the interesting and sage advice above.

There are a couple of things I need to understand now that I appear to have the Lightbridge ground unit communicating correctly with the Futaba 14 SGH.

My first concern is: how does one actually start the motors? (On my Phantom 2 to start the motors I  bring both sticks into the lower, inner corners of the RC) Is this the same on the S1000+ / Lightbridge / Futaba?

Second: a bench test? This is a term liberally thrown around, but how does one test the S1000+ on the bench if nothing is actually moving?

Third: I initially managed to pair and map my the second Futaba 14SGH to the A2 system and in testing that mapping (on the bench) the gear responded to one switch by raising its legs off the bench leaving the machine resting on a collection of rotor arms and the 5D III gimbal. I didn't find that funny as I was trying to hold up the drone while lowering the gear - four hands would have done the trick, but I was on my own. After that I created a hook set-up and suspended the drone from that, and tested the gear to my heart's content.

I do have other issues with the Z15 5D III (HD) but that's the subject of another thread . . .

Many thanks,
Justin
2015-10-6
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

jjd@iafrica.com Posted at 2015-10-7 05:12
Hello all, thanks for the interesting and sage advice above.

There are a couple of things I need to ...

Starting the A2 is exactly the same.

When you are looking at the A2 assistant software, when you move the sticks to the upper right the bars should also move right (presuming you are in mode 2). When testing this method do not move the sticks all the way just in case the channels have been reversed and you start the motors and end up on full throttle.

Bench test - I used a strop to tie it down to my dining table when testing settings. This is also helpful when testing the motors.

Select intelligent gear in the A2 assistant. you still have manual control if needed but will save it going up if you bump the switch in the future.
2015-10-6
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
South Africa

smee56@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-7 02:48
Starting the A2 is exactly the same.

When you are looking at the A2 assistant software, when you  ...

Thank you smee56. I'm getting there slowly.

I switch on the with the red LED flashing continuously.
When calibrating the GPS and compass, I flick the Mode/Atti/GPS switch 10x - get solid blue light.
Revolve the craft upright 360˚- get solid green light.
Face the nose to the ground (the IMU is correctly pointing), and revolve through 360˚ only to get the red led flashing continuously again.
And go through this story again and again.
Tearing my hair out now.

Thank you for the advice on the bench test and gear automatic setting - makes so much sense.

However, when I have it on the bench in Atti mode, I cannot start the motors. My mode switch is Top=Atti, Middle=Atti, Bottom=GPS Atti
I've checked the two sticks top right and all sliders move to the right. Thanks.

Justin.
2015-10-15
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
South Africa

jjd@iafrica.com Posted at 2015-10-15 18:01
Thank you smee56. I'm getting there slowly.

I switch on the with the red LED flashing continuousl ...

Hi Smee56 . . .  After that unhappy post yesterday, I got up early to see what material I might find on Google about continuous red-flashing LED. In a superb post on forum.dji.co./thread-14850 I found a step-by-step guide which I followed and which resulted in the re-calibration of the IMU, and VOILA, I had new LED pattern. It was only a few minutes later, I powered up the motors in the garden, and a couple of hours later, flew the monster for a series of short flights.

Now it's just to get the dancing gimbal to behave!

All the best,
Justin
2015-10-17
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-3-11 08:13
Thanks for sharing. Very useful.

DJI-Autumn - your guide in thread 14850 which resulted in the re-calibration of the IMU, was brilliant and easy to understand. It resulted in exactly what I was wanting - how to get rid of the continuously red flashing LED. Thank you for that.

Justin
2015-10-17
Use props
svoyakd
lvl.1

Ukraine

Please help me. What I doing  wrong?

2016-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules