12Next >
20095 43 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Inspire1 Avator1.gif                      This Page has been updated, revamped and moved     

2015-3-12
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Watch  @0:33   @0:42   @1:06   Radio interference ?
2015-5-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-18 00:54
FAILSAFE & RTH

A very good tutorial from DJI Ty about the RTH (Same goes for the Inspire1)

Hey Dundee,

Nicely done video by DJI

I wish my RTH was as accurate to safely land on a table!

Rich
2015-5-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

FAILSAFE & RTH

A very good tutorial from DJI Ty about the RTH (Same goes for the Inspire1)

Great post Dundee ! for those who still didn't read and understand how the features work.
This is it ! Clarified.
2015-5-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for posting this.
2015-5-31
Use props
delas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372287 ft
Greece

thats great. veeeeery good job.
2015-5-31
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.2

Hong Kong

hi  friend

you do great job.
2015-5-31
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

FAILSAFE & RTH

A very good tutorial from DJI Ty about the RTH
(Same goes for the Inspire1)

But Newbees be aware : (make your tests with the IOS SIM)

1) @ 3:08    Is GPS & GLONAS that accurate ? (RTH landing on top of that little pina colada table)
   2) @ 3:20    You can also control direction with the right stick.
   3) @ 4:00    RTH is also activated when there is not enough power to return home.
                       (note: returning against wind is not calculated in the power calculation)
   4) @ 4:41    Craft will land immediately if RTH is engaged within 20 meter (60feet) from take off point.
   5) @ 5:13    Craft will land immediately if smart RTH is engaged within 20 meter (60feet) from take off point.

2015-5-17
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

DJI Forum Private Messaging

2015-5-17
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Perfect example why you never handgrip Inspire1 or P3

@00:13 Iglesias grabbed the Inspire1's gimble with his left hand.
@00:20 The Inspire1's landing gear is still raised.
@00:30 Iglesias is flirting with the camera, making a closup Selfie but obstructing the VPS sensors, so landing gear is lowering.
@00:34 Iglesias lift his right hand to the camera (landing gear lowered), the moment when the bird bite his finger(s).
              Then the gimble dampers came off, loosing total grip on the bird.

IMO : CONCERT ERROR, PILOT ERROR and ARTIST ERROR                                                            

2015-5-17
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Inspire1 Extreme Tests found on YouTube

More to come...

2015-5-17
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

TB47 or TB48 won't turn on.

1) Battery TB48 was updated with the latest firmware. (V01.02.01.03)
  2) Fully charged battery to 100%
  3) Discharged to 0% by leaving it in craft until it not longer could be turned on. (see manual)
  4) Removed from craft and left it in that condition over night. (maybe this was the mistake)
  5) Next day... completely dead (no leds flashing)
  6) Craft is booting up as soon i insert the battery without pushing the on/off battery button (but no leds)
  7)  App (IOS) shows 0% on all cells (so the battery is not really down to 0%)
  8) The hack disconnecting the internal wire did NOT work.
  9) Mouth to mouth resuscitation did not work eather.

So IMO after a full discharge (0%) directly charge again to 50% (for storage)  or 100% to fly.

But i did NOT give up on this battery
  1) Opened the battery top and disconnected the internal wire for the second time.
  2) Connected the power supply for about 5 seconds and then disconnect. (give it a shock)
  3) Reconnected the internal wire again.
  4) BINGO, battery is alive again !!!

2015-5-17
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

DJI Log Converter (CSV,KML)
Compatible Platforms Inspire1, Phantom 3 and Matrice 100

Special thanks to Mr.Frank D'Amato for the tutorial videos and Mr.Matthew Lloyd for the DJI Log converter.

Related Links
  1) DJI Log Converter (CSV,KML)
  2) Dashware Gauges Sharing

3) Free download Dashware

2015-5-17
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Soloshot2 (review from member Boogieman)

2015-5-17
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

DJI Forum Private Messaging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcmGPrUBmXs

Great tutorial!

I giggled as I saw my thread "All set to go.... Or am I?" On Rich's page
2015-5-31
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Guys I am missing something here.  In the  video  with the inspire, there is a thin white line emitted from the radio tower and seemingly received by the inspire(Between 1:03-1:07) . The post directly beneath that one is under construction.
What am I missing?  Is the thin white line added in post production for illustration purpose?  If not, what was it?   I know this question has to make me look dumb,but I just have to know what that thin white line was.

If it was static electricity,that may go a long way towards answering a lot of inspire owners questions.   
2015-6-2
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-1 02:30
Thank you for posting this.

Hi Ed ,we are talking about those weird flashes
2015-6-3
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

dundee Posted at 2015-6-3 22:06
Hi Ed ,we are talking about those weird flashes

That's a cell tower do you know its operating band width? 400- 900 mhz or 1900 mhz? I cant imagine anything emitted at these frequencies would be a visible wavelength? Or even the likelihood of the frequencies interfering with any of the Inspire 1 gear?
I was wondering if there was a possibility, as rare as it might be, that the camera that was shooting the video was aligned in such a way that the sun reflected off the hardware on the tower and it just so happened that the Inspire was in the right spot to intercept the reflection. Perhaps time of day and angle of the sun might reveal the truth with a bit of trigonometry.
2015-6-3
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Dangair Posted at 2015-6-4 06:09
That's a cell tower do you know its operating band width? 400- 900 mhz or 1900 mhz? I cant imagine ...

what about the other 3 flashes in the same video ?
2015-6-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Is it a cell tower or a microwave tower?  Personally I would fly with my tinfoil hat on around that thing.  I was flying indoors in front of a large video wall.  It had such strong emissions that there was an electrical shock hazard warning on it and if I flew within 15 feet it would drop a P2 in its tracks.  This is the most bizarre thing I have seen in a long time.
2015-6-4
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-5 07:51
Is it a cell tower or a microwave tower?  Personally I would fly with my tinfoil hat on around that  ...

Ed, most Microwave towers have dishes with hypolon covers, the ones with the classic red lightning bolt on them. Most information is digital in nature and travels from an amplifier up a wave guide that looks like a hollow oval shaped channel that is more like a tube. The signal bounces it's way up the tube and is focused by the parabola towards the other dish many miles away, they are NOT omni directional. The banking system relies highly on this form of communication from islands to mainland, for instance. The dishes must be aligned very accurately and must be line of sight. I worked for a company doing installs of the towers and dishes. The radiation coming from the front of the parabola is high enough to cause sickness and extended exposure will kill. Cancer is most certainly a possibility. However, I have never heard of visible emissions before.  To me this looks like a classic cell tower, there will be several of these canvassing an area of 20 miles or so. some mounted on buildings, others on high features like mountains. It is because of the need for many antennae to cover areas that cell phones are so accurate at triangulation. The user will be handed from one tower to the next without so much as a hiccup. You can sometimes tell when this happens if you watch the bars on your phone. You may come out of an area with a weakening signal around a hill and BAM! full bars again.
The images of Dundee's flashes are quite mysterious indeed? The one image shows a very pronounced line from the business end of the tower more or less directly at the quad. It also looked as though it was directional ie. moving from the tower to the quad which I find hardest to explain? I wonder how the quad would be able to withstand a blast of energy and not sustain some kind of circuit damage?
2015-6-4
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I agree.  It was suggested that because of the high CF content of the Inspire it could have induced the strike.  If you notice the Phantom was closer to the tower and there was no line to it.  
2015-6-5
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-5 23:38
I agree.  It was suggested that because of the high CF content of the Inspire it could have induced  ...

That could be a possibility I suppose? However, the distance between the tower and the quad is rather large for any kind of interaction. Remember that cell towers and phones are extremely low power devices. They operate in the UHF band. This band has poor penetration and very short range, hence the need for many towers. The advantage to UHF is the cleanliness of it's signal to power ratio. For HF to achieve the same quality as UHF at 20 km you would need 10 watts or more! With UHF we can reduce the output to a mere portion of a watt with crystal clear content. Hf having a much longer wave can travel great distances, in fact I routinely talk to Australia and Hawaii from my truck with a ham radio at as little as 10 watts of power when atmospheric conditions are right. Whereas with UHF you will be lucky to get much past 20 km with a cell phone but atmosphere is moot.
That said UHF also has a very small antennae and that is convenient when putting it in your pocket. A half wave antenna for 10meter band is 5 meters long! you won't easily stuff that in your jeans!   
I am leaning towards an aberration of some sort, a glint off of the hardware on the tower. We see similar effects with sunburst. It's romantic and mysterious to think you had an electrical interaction with the tower, but at the energy levels cell towers produce I am extremely skeptical.  
2015-6-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Dangair Posted at 2015-6-5 14:46
Ed, most Microwave towers have dishes with hypolon covers, the ones with the classic red lightning  ...

Nice post Dangair.

I have commissioned microwave data links such as these in the past - they operate at very low power.

One that comes to mind ran from Mt View, Melbourne (-37.890364, 145.173385 approx) across the eastern suburbs and port philip bay across to Weribbee (-37.914942, 144.643120 approx) a distance of 43 Km. The radiated power was approx .75 of a watt.
2015-6-9
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

2015-6-11
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

gs_ofdm.bin used to fix remotes frozen after firmware update

gs_ofdm.PNG

You can download the bin file from here.
2015-6-11
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-6-10 10:41
Nice post Dangair.

I have commissioned microwave data links such as these in the past - they oper ...

Exactly, very low power that is highly focused. Whereas cell towers are low power in an omni directional pattern. Still I don't think there would be enough radiated energy to interfere with a quad at 100 meters distance unless you shared a frequency or a primary harmonic of one
2015-6-12
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Very helpful post!!!! Thank you for taking the time to add the content.
2015-6-14
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-18 00:56
Soloshot2 (review from member Boogieman)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyT7dKcV61Q

Thanks a Mil
2015-6-20
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

RIP

2015-6-28
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

Phantom3/Inspire1 gains and expo - how to adjust for great slow pan/yaw

2015-6-28
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

dundee Posted at 2015-6-11 20:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWEJzIa1Kc

My favorite dealer !
2015-6-28
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-18 00:55
TB47 or TB48 won't turn on.

1) Battery TB48 was updated with the latest firmware. (V01.02.01.03)

Lithium based cells usually have a protection circuit that shuts them down when low voltage is encountered. Below 3.0 volts, cell damage can occur.

If you take a know good battery and jump the positive to positive and negative to negative for a few minutes, the PCB that tripped the low voltage will reset and allow you to normally charge the battery.
2015-7-4
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

2015-7-5
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

2015-7-5
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

The life of an Inspire1 thug

2015-7-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

2015-7-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

2015-7-10
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

2015-7-10
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dundee - need help, downloaded the shou app from your site but it hangs up on iPad Air (latest gen). Not sure how to get it working, any suggestions?
2015-7-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules