Rotorpixel Mounting Solution
2076 5 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

So a long story, but at last my Rotorpixel arrived in France.  It went to London, because my wife was over visiting her daughter, she missed it and then it was posted to me in France.  Anyway with avoiding the French customs/duty and the extra postage to post it direct to France I think I've saved about £150+.  The Uk didn't charge import duty and when it comes from another EU country to France it was duty free (for this anyway).
I fixed it on according to the videos on youtube and instructions.  The result was the bracket and thumbscrews made it far too tight under the original bracket and I mean tight the dampers would have been a waste of time.  So I flipped over the bracket and screwed it on with other screws about 2mm longer (because they weren't countersunk being flipped), don't know where they came from - probably off the old legs.  So doing this and adding the new legs - £5.50 off Amazon uk.  The result is plain to see in the photos.
new phantom 002.JPG
new phantom 004.JPG
2015-3-13
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

love it!  isnt the RP fantastic!  oh, and i love the bracket flip idea.  i may take that tip to mine.  it feels very tight and also leaves no room for a flytrex.  i may have to increase my PVC leg size if i do that but just might try it out:

2015-3-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Great how these little tips make a difference.  What's a flytrex?
2015-3-13
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

talk2t_c Posted at 2015-3-14 05:58
Great how these little tips make a difference.  What's a flytrex?

http://www.flytrex.com/

its a tracker/logger system for UAV's
2015-3-13
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-14 06:07
http://www.flytrex.com/

its a tracker/logger system for UAV's

and its going on mine in between that mount and the body once i perform your mount rotation mod.
2015-3-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Don't know the spec/sizes on the Flytrex, but it looks like it could be a tight fit again.  Good luck with that though.
2015-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules