Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
N3 Futaba S-Bus motors fail to start
2712 6 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveKimbo
New

United Kingdom

Designed and built my own Hexa-coptor with N3 controller and Futaba S-Bus receiver. Everything looks good in the assistant software, controller is receiving s-bus signals and motors spin when tested from the assistant. However when following the esc calibration the motors spin at full RPM straight away after connecting esc power. The simulator runs but no transmitter control and nothing happens.
When powering up normally the motors fails to spin up after moving the sticks to the correct corners.

I am at a loss as to see where the problem is.

2017-6-13
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

By chance are the sticks reversed? I had a similar problem - for some reason my Futaba controller had the channels reversed. Also, check the battery level - if you have protection on, i don't think the motors will start if the power levels are too low.
2017-6-16
Use props
SteveKimbo
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for the response. Everything was working in the Assistant including the stick movements, battery levels were set correctly it just wouldn't spin up.

I have changed the radio to FrSky Taranis and now working perfectly with the same setup and configuation as usig Futaba. There must be a problem with the N3 working correctly with Futaba SBus. I would be nice if DJI could comment or explain why this is so.
2017-6-19
Use props
Arthur Mak
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Did you log a technical support with DJI support?
2017-7-30
Use props
Arthur Mak
lvl.1
Japan

Arthur Mak Posted at 2017-7-30 11:07
Did you log a technical support with DJI support?

Encounter the same issue.    Have you got help from DJI or Futaba
2017-8-2
Use props
AroneDelivery
lvl.1

Nigeria

SteveKimbo Posted at 2017-6-19 02:13
Thanks for the response. Everything was working in the Assistant including the stick movements, battery levels were set correctly it just wouldn't spin up.

I have changed the radio to FrSky Taranis and now working perfectly with the same setup and configuation as usig Futaba. There must be a problem with the N3 working correctly with Futaba SBus. I would be nice if DJI could comment or explain why this is so.

Hi @SteveKimbo, I'm currently having the same arming problem with FrSky SBUS DJI N3 flight controller
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_807fnTIFwVew
New

United States

Hey there, has anyone found the solution to this?

Best

-CR
2021-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules