2070 10 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

I purchased an iPad Mini 4 around the beginning of April to use with my new Mavic.  Had about six weeks of the iPad working fine with hardly any crashes, until I updated to the latest version of DJI Go4 (4.1.0).  Since the upgrade, the app constantly crashes or freezes when flying.  
The worst case of this was five crashes and restarts, followed by a crash that totally locked up the iPad -- all during a single flight.  I have noticed that it seems to happen more when using the camera.  Especially when switching between video and still, but also when using a programmed button (like the zoom, or gimbal up/down).   
Weird behaviors that I am seeing randomly in addition to the total crash/shutdown of the app are:
The app suddenly disconnects from the controller - this can take unplugging the cable to correct.
The video feed freezes until I adjust the gimbal, or start/stop video recording.
Random erratic gimbal resets while flying.
Gimbal is ALWAYS out of alignment -- has been like this since new.  Calibration only lasts for a few minutes at best.
Flight records do not display the 4 thumbnail shots and it always says map loading where the location should show up in the log.  In the details of the flight, the map is there and the thumbnails are placed correctly on the track.

And to make it worse, the editor portion of the app is basically unuseable.  It is super slow, and takes forever to come up with what was supposed to be cached videos.  Photos shot can take 3-5 minutes to appear in the library - and disappear and have to be reloaded next time I open the app.
Any suggestions, as this is obviously a mess?

2017-6-13
Use props
ProBowie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1096198 ft
United States

I experienced this yesterday during a job.  Embarrassing when your getting paid to produce video and your constantly having to restart app just to finish shoot.  I restarted, rebooted, and still choppy video and app freezing.  I feel your pain.
2017-6-13
Use props
karlitodelacasa
New
Flight distance : 179652 ft
Portugal

Same issue for me yesterday with an iPad mini 4.
And today I try to do the update v01.03.0700, and it's stay at 0%...
2017-6-13
Use props
VMav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76814 ft
United States

Well, looks like DJI finnaly done it for Apple devices as well ..
2017-6-13
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I have an Ipad Mini 4 and certainly have no issues at all. I am on 4.1.0.
Can you check how much free space you have available.
Have you tried removing the app, restart the ipad and then reinstall the app.
Do you have a lot of apps on the Ipad and are there other apps running in the background.
2017-6-13
Use props
Drose6301
New
Flight distance : 1020 ft
United States

Had this problem for a good while, read that the cord that connects the phone to controller on the side is garbage . I bought a right angle with my iPad and used the USB connection on the bottom . No disconnects since . Stay Fly
2017-6-14
Use props
Drose6301
New
Flight distance : 1020 ft
United States

Kanex Apple Certified Lightning to USB Portable 6" Cable compatible with Apple devices-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7SPBUQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_4WaSzVUIJE5IA
2017-6-14
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

@ Jenee2  I bought a 128gb Wifi/3G, and have 68 gb free.  Basically zero other apps on this except for DJI Go4 and DJI GS Pro, and other flying related programs.  I do not even have iCloud photo sharing or messaging turned on.  This was bought specifically for the Mavic, so not cluttered with junk apps or stuff in the background. I have also tried at least 6 different cords, with no improvement (all but 2 were original Apple).

I have not tried deleting the app since the upgrade but will today. Thanks

2017-6-14
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

Drose6301 Posted at 2017-6-14 02:25
Kanex Apple Certified Lightning to USB Portable 6" Cable compatible with Apple devices-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7SPBUQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_4WaSzVUIJE5IA

Thanks for the link...
I actually had bought that cord, and another one suggested on the forum, when I first got my iPad.  This one only worked about 3 times --- back when my iPad was fine, before this upgrade.  
The other right angle cord I tried was probably better, but the USB connector was too long and did not fit tightly into the controller.  Did not take much of a bump to move it just enough to lose the connection -- also tested pre-upgrade.
2017-6-14
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
British Virgin Islands

karlitodelacasa Posted at 2017-6-13 13:31
Same issue for me yesterday with an iPad mini 4.
And today I try to do the update v01.03.0700, and it's stay at 0%...

Sorry to hear you have problems too... although I really wish mine had refused to update and I was still on an older version!
2017-6-14
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tried a DFU on the iPad yesterday.... removed everything except DJI Go4, and disabled location services and notifications on all apps.  Still having the same issues with the latest version.  However, if I roll back to 4.0.8 -- ALL IS WELL.  
This sucks, as the Mini 4 is on the DJI COMPATIBLE LIST.  I just bought the Mavic and the IPad in April, and I am now stuck with something I cannot update???
2017-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules