Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro Plus RTH Failures
1055 2 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heir InVioLable
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure if anyone else has experiened this issue,  however I just experienced the following and it made for a very close call.
The issue is with the RTH function when your battery power reaches the end of its life.  For me I have my low power indicator at 30 and Critically low at 20.  I just like it like this and am used to it and have never once had an issue with these settings.  However,  over the weekend while shooting,  I got a standard RTH 10 second countdown with the option to cancel out.  Per usual I canceled the command however the drone failed to cancel out (must have done 200 hundred of these over the last 3 years).  It seemed to me as if the Pro Plus monitor was still trying to recieve commands for the camera instead of focusing on the matter at hand which was of course the drone now flying in auto mode back to it's home point.  Since we were flying at dawn the drone smart features were disabled when going to land and the drone literally hit tree leaves and missed the tree by inches but somehow stayed in the air and landed safely.  It was a close call for sure.   Luckily it turned out to be fine,  but having absolutely no control over your drone due to screen freeze/inactivity/unresponsiveness is nothing I've ever seen with these drones.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or if it is likely just a one-off?

2017-6-13
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

This issue is being discussed here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-99426-1-2.html
2017-6-13
Use props
Heir InVioLable