Very Poor Online Customer Service
1190 7 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suganthan.raman
New
Canada

I spoke to Andrew (employee ID 605193 ) from DJI support today regarding the SD cards that I purchased for my P4P.I was told by the previous online support agent that the Lexar 633x 128gb and 64gb should work on the P4P since it was tested.
Well, turns out that it does not work and when I signed on to speak to an agent on DJI Chat, that's where I spoke Andrew.
From the very start, his responses to my questions were automated as if he began copying and pasting it from his rebuttal page.
I asked him to clearly read my questions and verify why the DJI agent I had spoke to a week or so before gave me the wrong info.
He says its wrong and repeatedly sends me the DJI support SD card info.
I asked to speak to a manager which he asked I wait. So I did and I waited for some time before telling him how upset I am with the service.
His responses were cold and advised to hold.
I asked him how much longer in which he responds that his boss is busy talking to his 1-up in a conference room.
To make matters worse, when I explained to him that I'm being treated very poorly, he tells me not to get mad at him....
Finally, I told him this is unacceptable and in that momement, he disconnects the chat session.
DJI - what is wrong with your support team?

Now I've reconnected back in and speaking to James. He seems to know what he is talking about and assured me that Andrew was incorrect about the SD card being incompatible.
He says it's a known drone issue and that I will need to send it in to their Service Center.

It just goes from bad to worse.........

Sincerly,
Very upset/frustrated customer

2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the confusion caused by support agents and the unpleasant experience about the whole process. I’ve transferred your feedback to the management, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
May I know the specific performance with Lexar 633x 128GBand 64GB? What's the class and the write speed? How about the original SD card in the box? If it works fine, it will be the incompatibility issue, the drone is not necessary to be sent in.
2017-6-13
Use props
Suganthan.raman
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-13 23:41
I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the confusion caused by support agents and the unpleasant experience about the whole process. I’ve transferred your feedback to the management, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
May I know the specific performance with Lexar 633x 128GBand 64GB? What's the class and the write speed? How about the original SD card in the box? If it works fine, it will be the incompatibility issue, the drone is not necessary to be sent in.

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for your response.
Here are the details of the SD cards:
128GB - Lexar 633x micro sdxc UHS-I Class 10
64GB - Lexar 633x micro sdxc UHS-I Class 10

The original SD card that came with the drone works perfectly fine everytime I switch it. No issues there.
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suganthan.raman Posted at 2017-6-14 11:24
Hi Mindy,
Thank you for your response.
Here are the details of the SD cards:

In this case, the drone works fine and no need to send in, only the SD card is not compatible. I apologize for the misguidance by our support, who will be feedback to our supervisor. I suggest to change other SD cards in our compatible list:

Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDHC;
Sandisk Extreme 64GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDXC;
Panasonic 32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC;
Panasonic 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC;
Samsung PRO 32GB UHS-1 MicroSDHC;
Samsung PRO 64GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC;
Samsung PRO 128GB UHS-3 MicroSDXC;
2017-6-14
Use props
Suganthan.raman
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-14 19:29
In this case, the drone works fine and no need to send in, only the SD card is not compatible. I apologize for the misguidance by our support, who will be feedback to our supervisor. I suggest to change other SD cards in our compatible list:

Sandisk Extreme 32GB UHS-3 V30 MicroSDHC;

I didn't buy any of the above ones above because it's such a hassle having to go back and forth to the store to check the card and return them if it doesn't work.

However, I did purchase this:
Lexar 32GB 300X microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Model #: LSDMI32GBB1NL300A

It works flawlessly on my P4P drone.
Anything above 32gb does not work on P4P.
There is seriously something wrong with the P4P firmware because I also bought the Samsung EVO + 128gb card and it picked it up on my drone, but after a firmware update, I got an invalid SD card error.

Definitely a bad user experience when having to run around finding a solution and having to resolve it on my own.  Just thought I'd share this feedback because the support for DJI products all around is horrible. From the forum posts I see, it's very bad and I've experienced it first
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suganthan.raman Posted at 2017-6-15 09:15
I didn't buy any of the above ones above because it's such a hassle having to go back and forth to the store to check the card and return them if it doesn't work.

However, I did purchase this:

It may not be the firmware issue because the SD card in the combo works fine. If the write speed is slow, the drone may fail to recognize it. We suggest to use SD card in our compatible list.
If you doubt it, please downgrade the firmware of P4P to have a try.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience, we will keep improving to provide you more professional service.
2017-6-16
Use props
Suganthan.raman
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-16 03:42
It may not be the firmware issue because the SD card in the combo works fine. If the write speed is slow, the drone may fail to recognize it. We suggest to use SD card in our compatible list.
If you doubt it, please downgrade the firmware of P4P to have a try.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience, we will keep improving to provide you more professional service.

If it's not the firmware, then what is the root cause?
Lexar 32GB 300X (45mb/s) microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card is not on the list but it works fine.
I'm able to shoot in 4k  60fs.

I understand that DJI is working to fix their support problems/issues, but there must be some reimbursement offerings that DJI should provide to their customers for putting them through such headaches and misery.
How do they plan on retaining customers when a better competitor hits the market?

2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Suganthan.raman Posted at 2017-6-16 10:44
If it's not the firmware, then what is the root cause?
Lexar 32GB 300X (45mb/s) microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card is not on the list but it works fine.
I'm able to shoot in 4k  60fs.

Suganthan.raman, we suggest to use the SD card in our compatible list, but that doesn't mean those SD cards which are not in our list cannot be used for sure. I do apologize on behalf of online support and sorry to put you into this situation. I have escalated to management department for further assistance about the reimbursement, we will be following up with you as soon as possible.Please PM me your personal information like your name, contact number, email address, thank you.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules