Does Spark record flight audio?
34341 29 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans295bf26d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Hi all - curious if the spark records audio either through an onboard microphone or through the device you connect to the controller?

Less curious about whether you need it to or not.
2017-6-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If its using the DJI GO4 app then your flight device will record audio.
2017-6-13
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-6-13 20:38
If its using the DJI GO4 app then your flight device will record audio.

flight device = phone
2017-6-13
Use props
fans295bf26d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Thanks
2017-6-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The audio is recorded via the mobile device that you connected during flight.
2017-6-15
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-15 00:42
The audio is recorded via the mobile device that you connected during flight.

So, want to be sure I hear what you are saying...the audio will not be from 50' off the ground, with the Spark and the blades spinning, but on the ground, via your phone, with the operator?  So, you could hear any audible words spoken while you are controlling it?  
2017-6-15
Use props
fans9a196939
lvl.1
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-15 05:39
So, want to be sure I hear what you are saying...the audio will not be from 50' off the ground, with the Spark and the blades spinning, but on the ground, via your phone, with the operator?  So, you could hear any audible words spoken while you are controlling it?

Yes, you hear from the controller.  Careful what you say!

Is anyone else having an issue where the audio can be heard in the app and in your phone's photo/video gallery, but not on your computer from the microSD?  I'm feeling like there must be something simple that I'm not doing here, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
2017-6-25
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
United States

fans9a196939 Posted at 2017-6-25 19:16
Yes, you hear from the controller.  Careful what you say!

Is anyone else having an issue where the audio can be heard in the app and in your phone's photo/video gallery, but not on your computer from the microSD?  I'm feeling like there must be something simple that I'm not doing here, so any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

My videos contain no audio...nada...Neither cached on app, nor pulling MicroSD card.  
2017-6-26
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-26 11:24
My videos contain no audio...nada...Neither cached on app, nor pulling MicroSD card.

Ok, restarted the app, clicked the, "record audio from video cache" button and it worked.  Again, never saw this in the instruction guide, but you can only get the audio if you pull down the cached video and then download that to your phone.  You can't pull the MicroSD and have audio on your video, which is kinda weird.  Would rather have the option to pull it and edit as needed from the MicroSD.  
2017-6-26
Use props
fans9a196939
lvl.1
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-26 18:37
Ok, restarted the app, clicked the, "record audio from video cache" button and it worked.  Again, never saw this in the instruction guide, but you can only get the audio if you pull down the cached video and then download that to your phone.  You can't pull the MicroSD and have audio on your video, which is kinda weird.  Would rather have the option to pull it and edit as needed from the MicroSD.

Thanks for updating!  Yes, it's strange we can't pull from SD.  I gather there's a way to pull the clips to your computer for editing through USB, but haven't tried that yet.  
2017-6-27
Use props
fans9a196939
lvl.1
United States

fans9a196939 Posted at 2017-6-27 03:58
Thanks for updating!  Yes, it's strange we can't pull from SD.  I gather there's a way to pull the clips to your computer for editing through USB, but haven't tried that yet.

As a further update, I emailed customer service about whether it is possible to record audio on the SD, rather than just cache on your phone.  I think the answer is no, but who can tell from the cryptic response I received below:

The video on his mobile phone is cache video, cx can turn on this option to record audio on cache video. but the video from SD card if orginal video, will not record audio for all DJI drones.

If you want to put audio in your video, you can check in our forum for video editing. Please visit this link: http://forum.dji.com/thread-88968-1-1.html
2017-6-29
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

No it does not record audio, however you can record audio though your phone
2017-6-29
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
United States

I need to test this again, but if you have your iPhone in, "vibration mode" it won't pass audio through the DJIGo4 app...they really need to do a better job on the directions for the content, editing, stitching, etc.  
2017-6-29
Use props
egac1967
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11476 ft
Mexico

So in other words, the only way to get a video with sound is that you must have a device, i.e. phone, tablet, etc., with enough storage capacity and record/save your video in it?
2017-8-13
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

egac1967 Posted at 2017-8-13 11:34
So in other words, the only way to get a video with sound is that you must have a device, i.e. phone, tablet, etc., with enough storage capacity and record/save your video in it?

Or any other audio recording device then edit the audio and video files together somehow. But the audio will always be from the pilots perspective, not audio streamed from the spark as it has no microphone. It would be pretty pointless.
2017-8-13
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

Plus recording audio from the aircraft itself will be all on buzzing sound of the AC..
2017-8-13
Use props
egac1967
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11476 ft
Mexico

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-13 11:43
Or any other audio recording device then edit the audio and video files together somehow. But the audio will always be from the pilots perspective, not audio streamed from the spark as it has no microphone. It would be pretty pointless.

but the resolution is 720p or lower when it is actually down-streaming to the device; where is the sound cache saved? what is the type audio files?
2017-8-13
Use props
ZSAY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7785 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hi, you state "you can only get the audio if you pull down the cached video and then download that to your phone." How do you download/export from DJI GO 4 app (Editor) to iPhone Photo album and/or export PC?
2017-9-6
Use props
ZSAY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7785 ft
Saudi Arabia

ZSAY Posted at 2017-9-6 10:13
Hi, you state "you can only get the audio if you pull down the cached video and then download that to your phone." How do you download/export from DJI GO 4 app (Editor) to iPhone Photo album and/or export PC?

Sorry, spoke too soon. Found it.
2017-9-6
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

Apparently you can splice the two together, sound from low res and Sd card in iMovie, but not sure how... but have read about it.
2017-9-6
Use props
medyq69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15358 ft
Poland

egac1967 Posted at 2017-8-13 21:34
but the resolution is 720p or lower when it is actually down-streaming to the device; where is the sound cache saved? what is the type audio files?

IMO u cant have fhd (like source from sd) + sound. Only preview cached vid from app with cached sound -> downloaded in lower quality.
2017-10-2
Use props
LisaCphotograph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8192 ft
United States

Thank you very much for this info...
2017-11-26
Use props
Jiimy Najmi
New

Malaysia

My problem is that my phone storage size is to small to download the cache file.

Here's an idea. Warning. I haven't test it yet.

To Record Audio. (without downloading the cache video)
1. Connect Phone to RC.
2. Turn on Spark
3. Turn on Recording apps on phone.
4. Start Recording Audio from app.
5. Start Recording Video from Spark.
6. Compile together post-production

Sound possible? Need to test it tomorrow..

2017-11-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Jiimy Najmi Posted at 2017-11-28 04:50
My problem is that my phone storage size is to small to download the cache file.

Here's an idea. Warning. I haven't test it yet.

Yes, I believe that should work.
2017-11-28
Use props
fans88da421f
lvl.1
Hungary

medyq69 Posted at 2017-10-2 04:49
IMO u cant have fhd (like source from sd) + sound. Only preview cached vid from app with cached sound -> downloaded in lower quality.

Hi,

This is still not available? It was almost 1 year ago
2018-8-11
Use props
NormSpark
lvl.4
United States

Very weird, I flew my Spark on top of the falls and it recorded the sound of the waterfalls. The "record audio with video cache" of my DJI App was set to off so how did it record the sound of the waterfalls?
2018-9-19
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

No, it does not.
2018-9-19
Use props
Zox Raymaker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182090 ft

Serbia

If you stram live and inflight then youtube will record audio synced with video
2018-10-10
Use props
WolFoX
New
Flight distance : 1722 ft

Russia

Hey, guys!
I noticed really strange thing - when I put to cache the video and audio on my phone and then trying to combine the video from drone with audio from the phone it fails. Because audio "speaks" faster, than video, captured by drone 0_0 for example, on the video I see that I made a big pause between sentences, but audio from the phone already speaks further. And the speed of this sound is faster in general. How does it possible if it was recorded at once?

Did anyone finally try to record audio by the installed app in the phone? Was is good to work with after?
Thank you )
2018-12-16
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

Depending on your connectivity, the video cache/audio will jump at times making the recorded video on your phone faster than the recorded video on your sd card. Sucks I know...
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules