Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal calibration loud buzz &a freezes at 50%
45111 1055 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans80c231ea
lvl.1
United States

Brand new purchase. I have not been able to fly since purchase first week of March due to my schedule. Free time now so I started the update both drone and controller + batteries. Prior to the update which was done over weekend I had completed gimbal calibration with no issues or buzz sound. All this started after the updates. Anyone else experiencing this? I have tried rebooting several times with breaks in between, repeat gimbal calibration and I get the loud buzz sound and freeze at 50%. Hopefully link below works for clip.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hya8yg3b35mql4v/Video%20Jun%2013%2C%209%2037%2018%20PM.mov?dl=0
2017-6-13
Use props
fans80c231ea
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: Chatted with DJI support last night and was recommended i reset drone via assistance app on PC, along with controller. Completed reset for both drone and controller. Installed latest firmware and tried to calibrate gimbal, same buzz sound. I will add that i can slightly touch the gimbal with tip of finger and the buzz sound goes away. Almost as if there are parts that are loose causing the vibration/buzz sound. DJI said if issue was still there after resetting drone i would have to send to DJI. My drone has not even seen the daylight outside and I'm having this issue. If anyone has had this issue please share your fix/outcome. I read in prev posts that downgrading firmware might help but i don't think that is a solution for me since it appears to be a gimbal/motor issue. Again, i can touch the gimbal and the buzz sound stops.
2017-6-14
Use props
Greg M.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 69442 ft
United States

I had that very same issue after performing the update to A/C and controller. I found out after 3 days of vacation recording.  The video is unacceptable.  Inside the house, I removed props, to find what might set the gimbal to twitch and vibrate, then noticed the noise you described.  I found the underbody of the drone near the gimbal gets quite hot.  Trying to calibrate the gimbal like you, resulted in freeze at 50%.  I downgraded the A/C firmware to a previous version, and all seems well.  Further testing is underway.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans80c231ea
lvl.1
United States

Greg M. Posted at 2017-6-14 04:40
I had that very same issue after performing the update to A/C and controller. I found out after 3 days of vacation recording.  The video is unacceptable.  Inside the house, I removed props, to find what might set the gimbal to twitch and vibrate, then noticed the noise you described.  I found the underbody of the drone near the gimbal gets quite hot.  Trying to calibrate the gimbal like you, resulted in freeze at 50%.  I downgraded the A/C firmware to a previous version, and all seems well.  Further testing is underway.

Yes same here, the body of the gimbal under drone gets hot when the buzz sound is present.. What firmware did you downgrade to? And did you have to downgrade controller? I'm not even sure if that's possible? I appreciate your input here.
2017-6-14
Use props
Greg M.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 69442 ft
United States

I don't have that release number handy right now, but it was the previous one installed.  I've only had my A/C for about a month, so it was not updated much.  I left the controller with the latest update, it too has the integral screen built in. P4 Pro +.
2017-6-14
Use props
fans80c231ea
lvl.1
United States

I will give that a try tonight before I consider shipping to dji center in CA. I will also try to go back to store I purchased for swap which I doubt that will happen.

So from your experience and downgrade to previous drone firmware it seems this is a firmware issue? I also read the firmware info and it does mention improvements to the gimbal which make me wonder if this is the reason.  

I asked DJI is this was a known issue (there are videos online YouTube) with this same issue. Guy who posted the video said DJI replaced his unit.  Picture attached is the firmware with issue if it is related. I will downgrade tonight and report back.
IMG_0609.JPG
2017-6-14
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I got the same buzz after the update as well the unit flies and recordes very well though but
2017-6-14
Use props
fans80c231ea
lvl.1
United States

CP3PO Posted at 2017-6-14 06:34
I got the same buzz after the update as well the unit flies and recordes very well though but

Thank you for your feedback. But what....? Your sentence is cut off.
2017-6-14
Use props
Radikaltech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1385814 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue, calibration stuck at 50%, loud buzz, horizon tilting in mid flight... Any lights on solving this?
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.
2017-7-19
Use props
adrillex27
New
France

Hi ! I have the exactly same problem : buzz sound, video trembling, and gimbal calibration freeze at 50%. can I have the beta update please ? my email adress is : adrillex@gmail.com
2017-7-21
Use props
FiveDots
New
United Kingdom

I am having the same issue, buzz sound and gimbal calibration freeze at 50%, video is still smooth though.
Has anyone received this beta update yet? Did it help?
2017-7-21
Use props
FiveDots
New
United Kingdom

Finally managed to calibrate the gimbal, I took the battery out, recharged it together with the remote to 100%, switched everything on, started calibration and it went through just fine...
2017-7-22
Use props
Fly_Safe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2557566 ft
Switzerland

Hi DJI Thor,

My issues with the new firmware on the P4P Pro are similar

• During firmware (01.04.0602) upgrade the gimbal start getting noisy
  • Noisy gimbal after firmware upgrade and restarting the copter
  • Gimbal is moving during this noice horizontal (dancing from left to right)
  • Gimbal support get hot
  • Calibration of the Gimbal after Firmware upgrade via App stopped by 50%
  • Downgrade to a other Software is not possible, as it is not available

What did I do so far

• Deinstallation of the existing Firmware by DJI Assistant 2. Hopefully it was a real de-installation .... I do not think so, because the noise of the gimbal starts directly after restarting the copter
  • Installing the new software via WLAN, 3-4 times, installing was successfully 100%
  • Installing the new software via Assistance 2 via MAC PRO, 3-4 times, installing was successfully 100%

Installed Software

• Copter firmware: 01.04.0602
  • Controller software: 01.04.01.00
  • Databases of copter and App: 01.00.01.04
  • App: 4.1.3

I am interested to get the beta for testing to oo_anka @ icloud.com

Thanks in advance

2017-7-22
Use props
Thatguy32567
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23553 ft
United States

DJI Thor,

I would also like the beta for Phantom 4 pro. I have the same issue. The gimbal makes noise after startup and gets hot. Gimbal calibration fails at 50%. When the drone is turned on and just sitting there, you can hear the noise and the picture on the controller shakes noticeably. When I take videos, you can see the camera shaking from side to side a small amount. and yes I have tried different camera settings and shutter speed and know it is the firmware that is the issue. Please send me the beta! User account is keefe_neise@yahoo.com Thank you!
2017-7-22
Use props
Fer09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362674 ft
Colombia

DJI Thor,
I have the same issue, I would also like the beta for Phantom 4 pro
Please send me the beta! User account is comercial@fernandorincon.com Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/flkk0 ... UiwILh9GBuZfQa?dl=0
2017-7-22
Use props
Anonymous
New
Flight distance : 288776 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-19 21:31
Hi all, this is a known issue about the gimbal noise and our engineers are working on it. And now we would like to release a beta firmware to your DJI account to update for this case. Could you leave me your account address? Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you in advance.

My email address is

Skladnik89@gmail.com

Looking forward for the beta update. Thanks in advanced.
2017-7-23
Use props
Got1Fishing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112979 ft
United States

I have the EXACT issue going on... this is my first drone and I'm sooo paranoid that it's going to mess up and drop out of the sky. The buzzing  sound stops as soon as I touch it and it gets so hot. Flys fine but I just don't get why it won't calibrate. Debating whether I should return it to Best Buy or if this is something that can be fixed with the beta. Any chance anyone has received it and it fixed the issue? My email is Got1Fishing@gmail.com. Please send my way DJI.
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-7-23
Use props
Fly_Safe
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-23 22:23
Hi all, all the email addresses provided above had pushed the related beta firmware, please log into your DJI account, connect it to your drone and RC and make sure the internet is available to get the release message.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

HI DJI Thor,
thanks for response. I looked in with my DJI Account - which is different to the e-mail account in my thread.
Unfortunately I was not able to find the software in the APP / Assistance 2 (neither for the RC nor for the copter) for downloading. Please check.
Regards
2017-7-24
Use props
Fer09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362674 ft
Colombia

Hi thor, thank you very much for your help.
The first thing I did was to reset the AC to the factory settings, then install the previous version Beta (VO1.03.0510), then connect the RC but I do not see any version, anyway I turned on the AC and the RC and the buzz of Gimbal Disappeared completely and finally I could do the Gimbal self-calibration without problem!
But my question is, do not I need the previous version of RC too? Or just reset it?
2017-7-24
Use props
Got1Fishing
lvl.1
United States

Hey DJI Thor! i don't believe that I received a notice about the beta? M,aybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fly_Safe Posted at 2017-7-24 08:38
HI DJI Thor,
thanks for response. I looked in with my DJI Account - which is different to the e-mail account in my thread.
Unfortunately I was not able to find the software in the APP / Assistance 2 (neither for the RC nor for the copter) for downloading. Please check.

Just to verify, is "oo_anka@icloud.com" your account? The beta firmware had been pushed to this account, could you log in this account on the app?
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Got1Fishing Posted at 2017-7-24 15:11
Hey DJI Thor! i don't believe that I received a notice about the beta? M,aybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Hi there, just to verify, did you log in "Got1Fishing@gmail.com" this account to your app and had you connected the app to the internet? If you had still not received it, I'll help to confirm again with our engineers.
2017-7-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fer09 Posted at 2017-7-24 14:04
Hi thor, thank you very much for your help.
The first thing I did was to reset the AC to the factory settings, then install the previous version Beta (VO1.03.0510), then connect the RC but I do not see any version, anyway I turned on the AC and the RC and the buzz of Gimbal Disappeared completely and finally I could do the Gimbal self-calibration without problem!
But my question is, do not I need the previous version of RC too? Or just reset it?

Thanks for the feedback. If the RC connects stably to the drone, you don't need the previous version of it. So now your drone is back to normal right? If so, should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-7-24
Use props
Got1Fishing
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 21:29
Hi there, just to verify, did you log in "Got1Fishing@gmail.com" this account to your app and had you connected the app to the internet? If you had still not received it, I'll help to confirm again with our engineers.

Thanks for the continued support DJI Thor!

I connected my P4P to Assistant 2 yesterday and the beta appeared. I took it out for a flight afterwards and it seemed just fine. The buzzing sound is gone and I was able to calibrate!!!!  
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Got1Fishing Posted at 2017-7-25 02:12
Thanks for the continued support DJI Thor!

I connected my P4P to Assistant 2 yesterday and the beta appeared. I took it out for a flight afterwards and it seemed just fine. The buzzing sound is gone and I was able to calibrate!!!!

Thank you for the feedback, have a nice time with the drone. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.

2017-7-25
Use props
luigislife
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280938 ft
  • >>>
United States

@dji Thor
I'm having the same issue with the calibration can u please email me the beta laautodealer@gmail.com
2017-7-25
Use props
mlima
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4559009 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor,

I am experiencing the same issue as described in the thread.  Can you please push the beta firmware to my account: mlima12@gmail.com ?  Thank you in advance.
2017-7-25
Use props
mlima
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4559009 ft
  • >>>
United States

mlima Posted at 2017-7-25 03:18
DJI Thor,

I am experiencing the same issue as described in the thread.  Can you please push the beta firmware to my account:  ?  Thank you in advance.

DJI Thor,

I am experiencing the same issue as described in the thread.  Can you please push the beta firmware to my account: mlima12@gmail.com ?  Thank you in advance.

I have a Phantom 4 Advanced.  My installed software is below:

Aircraft: 01.00.0128
Remote Controller: 02.01.01.00
Flight Database: 01.00.01.04
App Database: 01.00.01.04
DJI Go App: 4.1.3

Thank you!

2017-7-25
Use props
fansf1be0477
New
Flight distance : 1265722 ft
United States

DJI Thor

I am experiencing the same issue as described in this thread.  Can you please push the beta firmware to my account:

medfoch@gmail.com

Phantom 4 PRO

Thank You!

2017-7-25
Use props
JonCrapper
New
United States

Hello DJI Thor

Ive got a similar problem....I cannot control the up/down function of the gimbal with my RC. On startup, the gimbal will shake a little and then stick in the upward position.  Ive tried recalibration of the RC and functions on the copter. I no longer have the option of downgrading my firmware on DJIA2, and have tried reinstalling the current version multiple times. Maybe the beta will help me out...willing to try.

starchild194@yahoo.com

Thanks!
starchild194@yahoo.com
2017-7-25
Use props
Fly_Safe
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-24 21:25
Just to verify, is "oo_anka@icloud.com" your account? The beta firmware had been pushed to this account, could you log in this account on the app?

Hi DJI Thor,
Thanks for clarification - account works - got the the beta.
Installation of the beta was done via Assistance 2.
Gimbal noise disappeared.  
Calibration of Gimbal works.  
No Gimbal noise after testing of 60 min

Only one point I recognized:
Copter was off and cooled done for IMU calibration to approx. 15°C.
Than I did a IMU Calibration after Firmware update - as shown on the instructions (Gimbal was facing to me).

Figure 1 of IMU-Calibration, the coper has to be tilt over to the left side - Gimbal stays nearly horizontal to the table and the noise starts again.
Then I had to tilt over the copter to the right side - Gimbal was in parallel to the copter. Gimbal gives no noise.
Did this now 3 times with the same result.
Two times with APP 4.1.3, one times with the APP 4.1.4.

Thanks for a working beta and thanks for a comment.
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Fly_Safe Posted at 2017-7-25 12:05
Hi DJI Thor,
Thanks for clarification - account works - got the the beta.
Installation of the beta was done via Assistance 2.

Thanks for the feedback, could you please provide us with a video about the case you mentioned if it is convenience? I would like to also send it to our engineers.
2017-7-25
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12621 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 20:28
Thanks for the feedback, could you please provide us with a video about the case you mentioned if it is convenience? I would like to also send it to our engineers.

Hi Thor.
   I too am having this problem.  Can you send me the beta version to necyclone@gmail.com

Thank you for your assistance
2017-7-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

NECyclone Posted at 2017-7-25 21:05
Hi Thor.
   I too am having this problem.  Can you send me the beta version to

Just to verify, are you using Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Adv? It has different beta FW.
2017-7-25
Use props
Fly_Safe
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 20:28

Hi DJI Thor

Attached you find the link from the dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjpoxf ... 04P4%20IMU.mp4?dl=0

The movie will be removed automatically after 7 days from the dropbox.
Thanks for some comments.
2017-7-26
Use props
JonCrapper
New
United States

JonCrapper Posted at 2017-7-25 11:03
Hello DJI Thor

Ive got a similar problem....I cannot control the up/down function of the gimbal with my RC. On startup, the gimbal will shake a little and then stick in the upward position.  Ive tried recalibration of the RC and functions on the copter. I no longer have the option of downgrading my firmware on DJIA2, and have tried reinstalling the current version multiple times. Maybe the beta will help me out...willing to try.

ps Phantom 4 pro
2017-7-26
Use props
Ryan K
New
United States

I am having this issue as well and have not been able to fly since the last update.  May I be added to the list as well?  rpk2012@gmail.com  Phantom 4 Pro.
2017-7-26
Use props
NECyclone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12621 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-25 21:21
Just to verify, are you using Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Adv? It has different beta FW.

Phantom 4 Pro

Thanks Thor
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules