Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can`t seem to get head tracking feature Goggles/Inspire 2
3767 12 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans34b28fa0
lvl.1
Australia

Can anyone help me?I have the new dji goggles & they work well with the Mavic. However can anyone tell me how/if the goggles are compatable with the Inspire 2? ( Or the P4 for that matter ) I go into  the menue & the feature is NOT HIGHLIGHTED & UNABLE TO BE SELECTED. Am I doing something wrong? BTW yes I am using the usb connection.
2017-6-13
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry,   The head tracking is not available for the Inspire2 only the HDMI out .. do not use the USB connection.
So my Mavic and P4P have the head tracking only per the DJI instructions

Rich

edit:
chart.jpg
2017-6-13
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-13 21:48
Sorry,   The head tracking is not available for the Inspire2 only the HDMI out .. do not use the USB connection.
So my Mavic and P4P have the head tracking only per the DJI instructions

IS that ironic/frustating?! DJI does not make possible HEAD TRACKING exactly on the right drone model: The I2 is the best drone to have this feature, once you have 1 FPV cam that will always remeber you about the nose direction and the main camera, the one which you would turn with your head, could easily turn 360 with no fear...
It's a behavior really hard to swallow...I2 receives far less attention and resources than Phantoms, Mavics and now Sparks...

Not mention the lack of creativity and intelligence: All I2's "Intelligent" flight modes should be done in a way that the front/nose always keeps the track to make use of the front sensors and avoid collision (POI, Spotlight, Profile) exactly because its 360º camera allows it to do so. I2's skills are such wasted by DJI....
2017-6-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-6-15 06:58
IS that ironic/frustating?! DJI does not make possible HEAD TRACKING exactly on the right drone model: The I2 is the best drone to have this feature, once you have 1 FPV cam that will always remeber you about the nose direction and the main camera, the one which you would turn with your head, could easily turn 360 with no fear...
It's a behavior really hard to swallow...I2 receives far less attention and resources than Phantoms, Mavics and now Sparks...

I agree with you this is disappointing and the Inspire 2 should get some benefit from the new technology with the goggles. Somehow DJI if differentiating the Inspire 2 Pro series and the hobbyist drone's.

Not sure the goggle tracking hardware would work with the main camera 360* or the FPV camera (incompatible)... this could be why the opted out.
Let' hope that future FW updates could change this   

Thanks for your thoughts, I have been wondering these same points

Rich
2017-6-15
Use props
WernerD
Captain
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#faq

CONNECTIVITY
3. What DJI drones are compatible with the DJI Goggles through USB cables?
Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced, and Inspire 2.

4. What devices can be connected with the DJI Googles using the HDMI connector?
Any device that has an HDMI port.

2017-6-15
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

The way I read it is that I1 is HDMI only, hence no head tracking.
The I2 is via USB cable.
The Mavic connects directly.

Still would raise the question why Mavic has the OcuSync and the I2 does not, but at least Head Tracking should work. :confused:
2017-6-15
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Any conclusion on that topic? Does the I2 support USB connection to the DJI Googles? Does it support head tracking?
Edit: Seems not to be the case. Funny. The only drone built from scratch for dual operator mode, the one with the highest prize tag, does not support head tracking just because it came out a few days early. Looks like as even DJI development did not know what DJI development had in the pipeline.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid776802
2017-6-21
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Confused again: On page 11 in the Goggles manual it is stated
For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via USB.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

2017-7-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

WernerD Posted at 2017-7-21 00:27
Confused again: On page 11 in the Goggles manual it is stated
For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via USB.

Like I stated above, the Inspire 2 does not support head tracking at this time.  DJI may support these features at a later time.
Rich
This is the chart supplied with the goggles.

chart.jpg
2017-7-21
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.4

United States

Ya, we just got our DJI Goggles, but the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse X4S is in the shop (ha ha ha) ...

I can't wait to try it, and not expecting for the head tracking to be working at this point.  But the link to the manual on page 11 is a bit interesting.

Head tracking would be AMAZING on the Inspire 2!

We do (less than professional) cinematography as well as application development.  And as far as I would say, it would make more sense to first have a feature like that available to a device that would have a much larger market (like Mavic Pro) than something like the Inspire 2. Then after all the kinks are worked out, to deploy that feature to the much more demanding Inspire 2 market.

But I'm also very curious when we will be able to use head tracking with DJI Goggles and Inspire 2.  I need something to stop my insatiable drooling.
2017-7-21
Use props
kg11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25466 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ok
Just tried a few things I have a mavic with DJI googles it works a treat. A stunning sensation flying this machine with these googles and then being able to lift them out of the way and view the screen and view the drone with line of site
just tried a bunch of things with my inspire 2 and 5.5 inch crystal sky and the googles most are expected some not. Hooked the drone to my control and the crystal sky fires up straight away. I then plugged the googles into the Hdmi port on the rear of the remote and so now you have the crystal sky working and an output picture to the googles. Then I removed the HDMI cable from the rear of the remote and plugged into the HDMI port on the crystal sky, once again the crystal sky continues to work as the main monitor and the googles now have again a picture, not only a view off what the camera sees but a view of what is on the crystal sky
When I plugged into the back of the remote HDMI I get an image in the googles with horizontal and vertical axis line with the letter H at its centre and no other info on screen like the map in the bottom left corner or the FPV camera etc. But when you plug into the HDMI input on the crystal sky you can see everything that is on the crystal sky screen the map the fpv image etc
Last but not least I removed the crystal sky usb from the remote and plugged in the googles to the USB port and now I seem to have complete control over the drone using the googles I can see all her settings maps fpv camera can take off and land etc but now I have no monitor if I lift the googles out of the way
I then tried plugging the crystal sky back into the remote and plugging the googles into the large USB port on the side of the crystal sky and nothing happened at all in the googles
But the micro USB port on the side of the crystal to the micro usb on the googles I was unable to try as I don't have that cable
2017-7-21
Use props
djiuser_syWjOZN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2382 ft
United States

kg11 Posted at 2017-7-21 20:47
Ok
Just tried a few things I have a mavic with DJI googles it works a treat. A stunning sensation flying this machine with these googles and then being able to lift them out of the way and view the screen and view the drone with line of site
just tried a bunch of things with my inspire 2 and 5.5 inch crystal sky and the googles most are expected some not. Hooked the drone to my control and the crystal sky fires up straight away. I then plugged the googles into the Hdmi port on the rear of the remote and so now you have the crystal sky working and an output picture to the googles. Then I removed the HDMI cable from the rear of the remote and plugged into the HDMI port on the crystal sky, once again the crystal sky continues to work as the main monitor and the googles now have again a picture, not only a view off what the camera sees but a view of what is on the crystal sky

Hi kg11,

I have a similar setup but instead of the Crystal Sky display, I'm using an iPad Mini via USB to the RC.  I tried the same steps you did, but can't get any control via the DJI Goggles.  I.e.:

1) Connect DJI Goggles to HDMI on the RC (Live View only - see what the X5S sees, but no control)
2) Disconnect the iPad Mini from the USB and disconnect the DJI Goggles from the HDMI
3) Connect  DJI Goggles to the USB on the RC (according to the 2017.04 manual, this should allow Head Tracking, see below))
4) Wait for a bit (sometimes have to hit the "Back Button") and then I can see the control screen on the DJI Goggles, but I can't control anything with the DJI Goggles (beyond the focus via the C1 or "Fn" button) as described in the 2017.05 manual.

Sadly, it looks like DJI made a mistake on the extent of compatibility between DJI Goggles and Inspire 2 - they changed the text from the 2017.04 manual to the 2017.05 manual:

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.04, page 11 text:
"For Inspire 2 aircraft, head tracking is also supported but only if the Goggles are connected with the
remote controller via USB."

DJI Goggles User Manual, v1.0 2017.05, page 11 footnote:
"For the Inspire 2, if the Goggles are connected with the remote controller via the USB cable, only live view and somatic control of the focus is supported."

I bought DJI Goggles after reading 2017.04.  

kg11, if you could please provide a step-by-step sequence of what you're doing to get head tracking to work, along with the firmware versions you're running on the Inspire 2, RC, and DJI Goggles, I'd appricate it!  If I can't get it to work, I think I'll return them because I want a gimble head tracking solution fed via my slave RC while flying on my master RC.  

Will
2017-8-10
Use props
jcollins
lvl.1
Canada

Lots of confusion about this.  You use the mini USB from goggles to controller.  Then swipe down on goggles to bring up quick menu.  Then select head tracking for gimbal or flying.  Thats it.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules