thank you so much will do it later and let you know
2017-6-13
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you updated Phantom 4 Pro+ version, the one with build in Android display? I don't see any "FW update required" warning on my controller ...
2017-6-13
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118698 ft
United Kingdom

yes it came up yesterday evening
2017-6-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try the suggestion above, but otherwise - do you have the P4P+?

There's other threads up here mentioning the 'China only maps' symptom. One also reported a message "missing libraries". If so, my guess is it's an incomplete Android build for the new matching P4P+ tablet update.

Edit: I see that you clarified for Dobmatt above that you have the P4P+.

See here for one such thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-99828-1-1.html

2017-6-13
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MATTDAY Posted at 2017-6-14 09:17
Yes, i should have made that clearer. It was the P4P+ with built in display i updated.  The method I used above has worked successfully for other people on this forum.

Thank you for clarification. Most annoying issue with my P4P+ I've been able to discover so far is maintaining leveled horizon, I hope new FW will fix this.
2017-6-14
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MATTDAY Posted at 2017-6-13 20:44
I keep getting the same Wi-Fi interference warning message.
To get your maps back.

i have completed the above i now have all my maps  but i am still getting RADIO INTERFERENCE QUALITY  message “strong interference fly with caution” plus other message your mobile wifi is of 2.4ghz conflicting with remote controller disable wifi or change image transmission     i have turned off my phone and i still get this message no problem be4 the update
2017-6-14
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MATTDAY Posted at 2017-6-13 20:44
I keep getting the same Wi-Fi interference warning message.
To get your maps back.

... just followed detailed instructions posted on PhantomPilots forum by ChipperRay ...

[size=14.6667px]"To get your map libraries back you will have to do a Factory Reset on the controller itself. DJI Assistant 2 cannot see the RC on the p4p Plus. It will see the bird but not the controller. I would venture to say there is nothing wrong with your controller so try the Factory Reset first...you do not need the bird on to do this. Turn on the remote to DJI welcome screen that says "connect to YOUR DEVICE. Up top is the 4 icons; select the wheel or 'settings' icon. Go to the "Me" tab. Select the "system settings" icon, when that page pops up scroll down to the "Backup & Reset" button (looks like a little black cloud with and up arrow in it). Go to "Factory data reset" and press it. Follow the prompts. When the RC resets it will reboot...the DJI logo will come on and pulsate for enough time to make you nervous...but it will eventually bring up the DJI "connect to your device page" and a page will pop up asking you to log into your account. Before you can log into your account you will have to go back into the settings page...(You can do this without closing that window, just swipe the CrystalSky screen from top to bottom to get to the settings tab)...select "settings"...go to WiFi and click on it....move the slider to turn on the WiFi...find your network and re-enter your password as the Factory Reset will eliminate this data. Once you have re-established connection to your router you can go back to the DJI sign up page and complete that process and you will see your maps again. I just did this tonight to get mine back ..."
2017-6-14
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

remembertosmile Posted at 2017-6-14 12:35
i have completed the above i now have all my maps  but i am still getting RADIO INTERFERENCE QUALITY  message “strong interference fly with caution” plus other message your mobile wifi is of 2.4ghz conflicting with remote controller disable wifi or change image transmission     i have turned off my phone and i still get this message no problem be4 the update

I was getting the same message and here is what I did:

Go into settings and change the 2.4 and 5.8 selection to "Custom" then select 5.8 as your working channel. That eliminated the messages on my controller (P4P+)
2017-6-14
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
United Kingdom

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-14 13:55

Go into settings and change the 2.4 and 5.8 selection to "Custom" then select 5.8 as your working channel. That eliminated the messages on my controller (P4P+)

thats worked many thanks
2017-6-14
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-14 13:55

I'm not sure if switching to 5.8 will work on the long run as it's a temporary option ... Radio interference can be caused by computer monitor working in proximity or even TV monitor ... Mine warning disappeared when I moved the bird away, WiFi conflict warning also is gone when cellphone was moved away ... It's raining now, can't test the performance of my P4P+ , just curious if tilted horizon issue is fixed ...
2017-6-14
Use props
Gerrit van S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1227831 ft
Netherlands

My P4P+ horizon issue remains after update. The mals were back after de RC-reset (see abive). Still there are many warnings about WIIF and onthef interference wich ik didn't have before. Flying seems to go well. To trim the horizon on the gimball use button 2 and use the right scrollwheel to easely adjust the horizon during flight. I prefereer to use the grind activated in camerasettings.
2017-6-15
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-14 14:58
I'm not sure if switching to 5.8 will work on the long run as it's a temporary option ... Radio interference can be caused by computer monitor working in proximity or even TV monitor ... Mine warning disappeared when I moved the bird away, WiFi conflict warning also is gone when cellphone was moved away ... It's raining now, can't test the performance of my P4P+ , just curious if tilted horizon issue is fixed ...

DJI has got back to me they told me to change to 5.8. my reply was it work find on 2.4 before the update so will there be a fix the reply was the fix is to use 5.8, so dji as helpful as ever.
2017-6-15
Use props
fans4f8a6ca0
New

United Kingdom

Hi I'm having same problem as everyone here, I already did the factory reset to solve map issue but the situation is more serious, I get the 2.4 ghz warnings of strong interference fly with caution and dropouts at distances of a few hundred metres. Worst of all if I switch to 5.8ghz there is no video feed at all and a look on the app screen where you can see all channels used etc the 5.8 seems to show no or little bars. Is it possible to get the previous firmware bin file and do a downgrade via local upgrade option? If so does anyone have the file I can't find it on net to try.
2017-6-18
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Its got to be a problem with the update working fine b4 how do we get dji to act on the problem?
2017-6-18
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

There isn't an firmware upgrade for the P4P! That upgrade is for the P4P+
2017-6-18
Use props
remembertosmile
lvl.2
United Kingdom

phantom 4 pro
2017-6-18
Use props
fans4f8a6ca0
New

United Kingdom

Isn't the phantom 4 pro + supposed to channel hop within the given frequency 2,8 or 5,8,  to constantly use different channels within the chosen frequency. Because mine isn't now it just stays on the channel it starts with and flashes up the weak signal warning every time the channel it is on becomes weak rather than hopping to another. I never looked at it in detail before upgrade so I'm not sure, but I never got the strong interference fly with caution messages before either.
2017-6-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-6-18 02:05
There isn't an firmware upgrade for the P4P! That upgrade is for the P4P+

Huh? Yes there is - for the P4P, and for the respective P4P and P4P+ RC too. Is there a miscommunication here?
2017-6-18
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-18 23:48
Huh? Yes there is - for the P4P, and for the respective P4P and P4P+ RC too. Is there a miscommunication here?

This is what I see this morning on the Phantom 4 Pro download page. Please direct me to the proper site so I can see if I want to upgrade my P4P. Thanks!

Capture.JPG
2017-6-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-6-19 01:47
This is what I see this morning on the Phantom 4 Pro download page. Please direct me to the proper site so I can see if I want to upgrade my P4P. Thanks!

You can't directly download the binary files for craft firmware updates. Unless, of course, DJI provide it directly to you as a special case. The exception to this is the firmware for the P4P+ RC (v01.02.00.00), which I believe incorporates an Android build for the built-in tablet (others may correct me here).

Firmware updates for the craft are typically installed via the Assistant 2 software on a PC. I understand that you can achieve it via the RC (and WiFi), although I avoid this approach personally. Firmware updates for the RC are typically achieved via the DJI GO app (and attached tablet/phone).

[edit] You will note the top link on that page is Release Notes. Read those to decide whether you want to upgrade or not. That being said, this release incorporates a fix for reported gimbal horizon integrity issues, which many have reported successful. Although the update is apparently not without some issues. However, more often than not that appears to be due many people not realising the the RC must be subsequently updated after the craft update too, and then manually re-linked.
2017-6-19
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-19 15:34
You can't directly download the binary files for craft firmware updates. Unless, of course, DJI provide it directly to you as a special case. The exception to this is the firmware for the P4P+ RC (v01.02.00.00), which I believe incorporates an Android build for the built-in tablet (others may correct me here).

Firmware updates for the craft are typically installed via the Assistant 2 software on a PC. I understand that you can achieve it via the RC (and WiFi), although I avoid this approach personally. Firmware updates for the RC are typically achieved via the DJI GO app (and attached tablet/phone).

My bad! I'm so used to flying P3P's I forgot P4P's uses assistant 2 for upgrades. I haven't upgraded since I bought my P4P. I flies great with the firmware that came with it.
2017-6-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-6-20 02:42
My bad! I'm so used to flying P3P's I forgot P4P's uses assistant 2 for upgrades. I haven't upgraded since I bought my P4P. I flies great with the firmware that came with it.

Hehe. Yeah, I thought it'd be something like that, MJL. I was just a little surprised when I noted how many craft you had registered. But for the P4P firmware, wait until the dust settles for the upgrade process and consider it - many report that the fix for gimbal horizon integrity was successful (although I'm yet to see that).
2017-6-20
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-14 10:46
Thank you for clarification. Most annoying issue with my P4P+ I've been able to discover so far is maintaining leveled horizon, I hope new FW will fix this.

I've been using DJI gear for a while now.

I've used a Zenmuse Z15, an X5R, and a Ronin.

I've owned an H3-2D and a H3-3D, an X3 and an X5 (used on both Inspire 1 and Osmo Pro), and a Phantom 4.

Horizon drift has always been a problem. It's a hallmark of DJI gimbals and always been.

You'll be waiting a long time for a FW update that corrects your problem.

With DJI Go they gave us the only plausable solution yet: the gimbal roll adjust control. When I'm doing production filming it's basically on all the time so you can adjust the roll as you need to. That's the only way to reliable have level horizon when you need it on DJI gear.

2017-6-20
Use props
Dog Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34380 ft
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-14 13:11
... just followed detailed instructions posted on PhantomPilots forum by ChipperRay ...

"To get your map libraries back you will have to do a Factory Reset on the controller itself. DJI Assistant 2 cannot see the RC on the p4p Plus. It will see the bird but not the controller. I would venture to say there is nothing wrong with your controller so try the Factory Reset first...you do not need the bird on to do this. Turn on the remote to DJI welcome screen that says "connect to YOUR DEVICE. Up top is the 4 icons; select the wheel or 'settings' icon. Go to the "Me" tab. Select the "system settings" icon, when that page pops up scroll down to the "Backup & Reset" button (looks like a little black cloud with and up arrow in it). Go to "Factory data reset" and press it. Follow the prompts. When the RC resets it will reboot...the DJI logo will come on and pulsate for enough time to make you nervous...but it will eventually bring up the DJI "connect to your device page" and a page will pop up asking you to log into your account. Before you can log into your account you will have to go back into the settings page...(You can do this without closing that window, just swipe the CrystalSky screen from top to bottom to get to the settings tab)...select "settings"...go to WiFi and click on it....move the slider to turn on the WiFi...find your network and re-enter your password as the Factory Reset will eliminate this data. Once you have re-established connection to your router you can go back to the DJI sign up page and complete that process and you will see your maps again. I just did this tonight to get mine back ..."

Just turn off your WiFi worked with mine.....
2017-6-21
Use props
fansf11739cc
New
Flight distance : 23822 ft

Australia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-14 13:11

"To get your map libraries back you will have to do a Factory Reset on the controller itself. DJI Assistant 2 cannot see the RC on the p4p Plus. It will see the bird but not the controller. I would venture to say there is nothing wrong with your controller so try the Factory Reset first...you do not need the bird on to do this. Turn on the remote to DJI welcome screen that says "connect to YOUR DEVICE. Up top is the 4 icons; select the wheel or 'settings' icon. Go to the "Me" tab. Select the "system settings" icon, when that page pops up scroll down to the "Backup & Reset" button (looks like a little black cloud with and up arrow in it). Go to "Factory data reset" and press it. Follow the prompts. When the RC resets it will reboot...the DJI logo will come on and pulsate for enough time to make you nervous...but it will eventually bring up the DJI "connect to your device page" and a page will pop up asking you to log into your account. Before you can log into your account you will have to go back into the settings page...(You can do this without closing that window, just swipe the CrystalSky screen from top to bottom to get to the settings tab)...select "settings"...go to WiFi and click on it....move the slider to turn on the WiFi...find your network and re-enter your password as the Factory Reset will eliminate this data. Once you have re-established connection to your router you can go back to the DJI sign up page and complete that process and you will see your maps again. I just did this tonight to get mine back ..."

Hey thanks a lot for that detailed guide and taking the time to share - worked perfectly. I've spent tons of time updating firmware and it seems there's always some problem that DJI don't have any info on.
All works 100%
Cheers mate
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules