P4p live view problems... Possible fix?? Help!
2775 15 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans04f05fdd
lvl.1
United States

I am having horrible live view problems on a new phantom 4 pro. Green screens, green lines, freezing and black screens. If I buy a p4p+ controller with built-in screen, will the live view be better?
2017-6-13
Use props
TheMann58
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need more info:
1) Confirm what DJI aircraft you have (P4Pro or P4Pro+)?
2) What mobile device and operating system software (IOS or Android) are you using?
3) Have you updated successfully to latest firmware?
4) What was the outdoor temperature at the time you were having these problems?
5) Did these live video issues occur consistently from your very first flight that day, OR did they start after 15 or more minutes after you started flying for the day?
2017-6-13
Use props
fans7fc79ecf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126778 ft
Italy

I have the same problem after the update to the last fw.
The problem appears immediately as radio remote control and drone are connected
The device is Iphone 6plus with 10.3.2 IOS
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans04,

As TheMann indicates we need some more information.  The problems you are having indicate a device that is under-powered.  That can come to a phone or tablet that has a lot of apps operating while you are trying to fly.  It can also be due to your device not being up to the task.  DJI had to come out with the DJI GO 4 app because the DJI GO app was being over whelmed by the new technology.  

One easy test is to run your device in Airplane Mode.  This will stop downloads and Internet access from hogging RAM and processor time.  If things improve, there is more you can do.  Phones and tablets are sold with apps that you probably have little use for because the manufacturer gets money and that reduces the cost to you, the consumer.  These apps are useless for flying so you have to go into the app manager (in the device's settings) and disable or uninstall them.  There will be apps that are required to run the device, so be careful of what you disable or uninstall.

Even if your device has previously worked OK, each new update can put more demands on your device and this can show with the problems you indicate.  In the HD icon of General Settings you can manage your communication between RC and the Phantom.  Disabling Auto and selecting a strong signal in either the 5.8 or 2.4 GHz frequency can really help with the problem.  You can also reduce the Bitrate with the slider.  Reducing the Bitrate reduces the processor requirements and that can make the image better.

These are all easy ways to define your problem.  But the real deciding factor is your device itself.  Is your device on the list of approved devices?  Basically, you need a multi-processor and 2 GB of RAM.  Anything less and you can expect problems.  Any device over two years old will generally have problems.  If you do get a new device check around here for suggestions, you will get plenty of help!  You should probably get a device you can dedicate to your flying.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans04,

So, to answer your question, yes, getting a P4 Pro+ (plus) remote controller with the built in display will make live view better.  But you might be able to also do it if you just work on your device problems and save a bundle in the process.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans7fc79ecf Posted at 2017-6-13 23:17
I have the same problem after the update to the last fw.
The problem appears immediately as radio remote control and drone are connected
The device is Iphone 6plus with 10.3.2 IOS

Aloha fans7f,

Look at what I wrote in the post to fans04 (Post #4).  The suggestions can help you to.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Maury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126778 ft
Italy

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 23:55
Aloha fans7f,

Look at what I wrote in the post to fans04 (Post #4).  The suggestions can help you to.

Yesterday i got the new ipad pro.
More powerful than that ...
I will try and tell you
2017-6-14
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maury Posted at 2017-6-14 00:47
Yesterday i got the new ipad pro.
More powerful than that ...
I will try and tell you

Aloha Maury,

Please do keep us informed.  It took a while to figure this out but it is now pretty predictable.  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-14
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem. I have narrowed it down to heat.  In hot weather you need to keep the P4P moving at a decent speed to keep air circulating within the Phantom.  Your video and photos will remain intact on your SD Card.
2017-6-14
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-6-13 22:29
Need more info:
1) Confirm what DJI aircraft you have (P4Pro or P4Pro+)?
2) What mobile device and operating system software (IOS or Android) are you using?

I had the same problem with my P4 after nine months with no issues. I fly a Phantom 4,iPad mini 4, everything updated with the last firmware and last app version, I flew with high temperatures (over 30 centigrade degrees) and the problem started after about five minutes of flying three different batteries. The same problem in the three flights. I really appreciate your answer. Thank you
2017-6-14
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

same problem since last firmware : -(

ipad pro 9.7  256GB
2017-6-14
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

quick answer NOOOOOOO.  Don't touch the P4Pro+ (in my humble opinion).  Read the forums,  numerous problems unfixed.   I would get the Phantom4Advanced.  If you know anything about DJI,  they seemed to have learned from all of the mistakes in the P4Pro+ and relaunched it at a similiar price point to attract buyers under the name Phantom4Advanced,   which actually works well since they took their time making it.   Again, just my opinion,  but I can tell you after 88 P4Pro flights that the built in monitor has potential but is numerous firmware upgrades away from being on any type of dependable level.   That is my experience and if anyone at DJI needs a p4Pro+  I WILL GLADLY "DOWNGRADE" MY PHANTOM4PRO+ for a PHATNOM4PROADVANCED any day of the week and twice on Sundays
2017-6-14
Use props
will6224
lvl.2
Thailand

so is heat really the problem for the video downlink problems? Im flying in 30+ degrees and having the same issues. Not sure if its the drone over heating or ipad? its impossible to stop over heating in a hot country.
2017-6-17
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

will6224 Posted at 2017-6-17 07:54
so is heat really the problem for the video downlink problems? Im flying in 30+ degrees and having the same issues. Not sure if its the drone over heating or ipad? its impossible to stop over heating in a hot country.

It has always been the iPad overheating in my experience. Stick it in front of your car's AC for a minute to cool down and see if the green goes away until your iPad gets hot again.
2017-6-17
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

I flew again two days ago, at sunrise, with 20 centigrade degrees, and no stream issues, the same place, the same settings. Temperature was the only difference
2017-6-18
Use props
flyingeyedrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256404 ft
United Kingdom

Hi this is shoot from live stream from my Phantom 4 pro PLus with integrated screen,

phantom 4 pro plus Firmware version  v01.05.0600  updated today  Have used v01.04.602  before because transmision problems betwin aircraft and remote
remote model GL 300E  firmwre v1.4.1.0

Neverminsd what version of firmware I have install there is always the same problem,
can anybody help?
2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules