Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

I know this has been asked in the past, but I'm getting ready to buy another drone and I wonder if I should buy the P4P?  Obviously I know that the P4P has updated camera and more sensors, but I'm curious if there are more problems than the P4?  The same problems?  Less Problems?

2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't think there are more problems than P4 , but P4Pro is current so reading around here you might think that, P4Pro is a great drone for the price with an outstanding camera, if you purchase P4 you will always be wondering if only I had the P4Pro.
2017-6-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it were me it would be the P4P without a doubt, better camera, much more control with aperture adjustment. Larger chip (bigger pixels, more light gathering capability). And a few more goodies with the extra sensors, selective landing & better RTH options (as far as I remember).
2017-6-14
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have them both.  The P4P camera is well worth the extra payout.  I have had no real problems with the P4P,  except a bit of tilt on the camera in high winds.  I shoot well above my desired resolution, so post horizon correction is not much of an issue using FCPX.
2017-6-14
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Or, if you just want the better camera, you could consider the P4 Advanced. It lacks the 180 degree sensor coverage but that may not be a biggee for you. However, there's not a lot of $$ difference between the P4P and the P4A, so that's worth considering too.
Otherwise, I wouldn't be buying a P4 now unless the price offered is attractive.
2017-6-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mabou,

They are both very nice birds and they both work very well.  Rarely do the Phantom Systems act up.  Most of your problems will be from your choice of device and the device itself.  That is why DJI lists approved devices.  If your device is nearing two years old, you may need to get a new one with a better multi-processors and 2 GB of RAM  Since your device is going to be your deciding factor, you have to realize that the DJI  apps and firmware updates are going to keep working your device harder and harder over the next couple years.

If it were me, I would get the P4 Pro in a heartbeat.  I have both the P4 and the P4 Pro.  The new technology and improved system is just too much fun to pass up.  Plus getting a new tablet is always a good thing!  You should always be shopping for a good flying tablet so you know what is out there and which ones are the best value for your money.  Then when you need it, you know what you need to buy.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-14
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

If you break the gimbal in a heavy landing then you will wish you had the P4,  P4 camera module is considerably cheaper to replace.

The decision comes down to image quality, and if you want the higher image quality then it comes down to how often you want to fly backwards in situations that the rear obstacle avoidance sensors might pay for themselves - P4A if front sensors are enough.
2017-6-14
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks so much guys!  I really appreciate your input.  Sounds like the P4P is the way to go.  AGAIN, MUCH APPRECIATED!
2017-6-15
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

I've got a P4P. I have no complaints (at the moment) and I am amazed at the quality of the photos and its stabilization.  Until I read this thread I didn't resizes it had rear visual sensors.  I find the senors more annoying than helpful, however as I've not hit anything they are probably doing a grand job.  :-)
Since setting up my controller with narrow sensing on the c1 button (c2 toggles camera) it's been better for me.  If I need the map, I'll tap the screen as it's where I am going to be looking anyway.  Narrow sensing on c1 so it gives me full control over the right stick for directional movement.
2017-6-26
Use props
Natemare13
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded from P4 to P4P.  I wish I hadnt.  It seemed the P4 had less issues.  My P4P is issue prone.  Whether that's just mine or all P4P, I cant say but all I know is I never ever questioned my P4 and now I find myself questioning/worrying about my P4P for some reason...

Wait for the P5
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules