Blue Area in all my DNGs
1654 21 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109049 ft
Germany

Today i made my very first flight with my mavic and experienced some strange problems.

First of all i made all settings manual, so i chose ISO 100, Shutter 1/400, WB Cloudy and then made all my (portrait) shots. After importing the DNGs in Lightroom i noticed the slightly blue-ish area at the bottom of all images. The border is on all my DNGs, but not on the JPGs which i don't need for my workflow...

I edited a small red line afterwards to show the exact position of the blue area...

If you'd like to see the picture in it's original size look here:

DNG-JPG-Comparison

DNG-JPG-Comparison
2017-6-15
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376010 ft
Switzerland

I'm having this issue, too! Only in the combination of RAW and portrait-mode.
2017-6-15
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

Did you have this since you bought your Mavic or just experienced this with the last firmware? Cause my mavic is new and i have the latest firmware i hoped this could be a software problem...
2017-6-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Weird. Do they show up in landscape orientation as well?
2017-6-15
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

Unfortunately i didn't take any horizontal pictures. I will do this as soon as possible
2017-6-15
Use props
fans2af304fc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102999 ft
Singapore

wow, you really have sharp eyes. Only in the photos?
2017-6-15
Use props
piridium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376010 ft
Switzerland

I have my mavic for about a month and I didn't have this problem before the latest firmware upgrade. So I assume it's a software issue. Pictures in landscape-mode and movies are fine.
pi_20170614_210714_11149_s.jpg
2017-6-15
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

So i made a quick shot out of my window in either horizontal and portrait mode. The effect is only visible in portrait mode:

but not horizontal:

2017-6-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

That is the new color shading improvement in .800 for better IQ Noone knew what it was, you just found it!
2017-6-16
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

I succesfully downgraded to 1.03.0700 and the problem is gone with that older firmware. Also i found different threads (i.e.: https://forum.dji.com/thread-99804-1-1.html) in the forum complaining about DNG-errors with 1.03.0800. So i'm not returning the unit to my dealer but wait for a firmware patch...
2017-6-16
Use props
alexa2e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 433494 ft
United States

I have this issue as well. I emailed dji cuz I'm wondering if this will be fixed asap. I just got my mavic yesterday and it's pretty ridiculous that I have to experience this on my first flight during a job. All my raw photos are useless.
2017-6-16
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

alexa2e Posted at 2017-6-16 19:56
I have this issue as well. I emailed dji cuz I'm wondering if this will be fixed asap. I just got my mavic yesterday and it's pretty ridiculous that I have to experience this on my first flight during a job. All my raw photos are useless.

You can try to save your work by placing a graduated filter within Lightroom and adjust the blue colour level. I tried this and it seems to work. Sure this is no solution on the long run but might help you with your work...
2017-6-17
Use props
fanscbd2fef9
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problems ( blue shaded area lower third of portrait mode RAW files with the latest firmware update. No problems ( except for Exposure Bracketing not working with RAW files, works with JPEG ) in previous versions of the firmware.

2017-6-17
Use props
alexa2e
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tried refreshing the update. Like instead of downgrading. I haven't tested to see if it fixes the problem since it's raining where I live. I basically refreshed the updated on both the mavic and Rc. Maybe that could hopefully fix it. I hope.
2017-6-17
Use props
alexa2e
lvl.1
United States

ThePanoramaGuy Posted at 2017-6-17 04:03
You can try to save your work by placing a graduated filter within Lightroom and adjust the blue colour level. I tried this and it seems to work. Sure this is no solution on the long run but might help you with your work...

I will try that. Thank u very much.
2017-6-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

So over recent updates DJI has tried to address the "hotspot/red-spot" or "color shading" issue that was particularly obvious in DNG files, and I suspect this is an artifact from those intended fixes not being applied to portrait-orientation images, or maybe just an entirely new kind of bug.

DJI can't fix what it doesn't know about, so I hope all of you who have experienced this submit bug reports via the Me section of the Go 4 app. The more reports they get, the more likely the problem will be heard by those in a position to do something about it. Cheers!
2017-6-17
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-17 10:40
So over recent updates DJI has tried to address the "hotspot/red-spot" or "color shading" issue that was particularly obvious in DNG files, and I suspect this is an artifact from those intended fixes not being applied to portrait-orientation images, or maybe just an entirely new kind of bug.

DJI can't fix what it doesn't know about, so I hope all of you who have experienced this submit bug reports via the Me section of the Go 4 app. The more reports they get, the more likely the problem will be heard by those in a position to do something about it. Cheers!

I just opened a ticket at DJI but with my Mac... I hope they respond soon, but they haven't since Thursday.
2017-6-18
Use props
ThePanoramaGuy
lvl.1
Germany

I can't believe it: Just received a mail from DJI and they recommended that i send the copter in for repair!

" ... We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product. Unfortunately after troubleshooting we suggest that you send it to us for repair. To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number and print out the needed repair form. ..."

I was so sure that this error must have been caused by the software...
2017-6-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

ThePanoramaGuy Posted at 2017-6-19 03:10
I can't believe it: Just received a mail from DJI and they recommended that i send the copter in for repair!

" ... We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product. Unfortunately after troubleshooting we suggest that you send it to us for repair. To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number and print out the needed repair form. ..."

It is probably software, don't send it in. This is a standard reply, wait for another FW and see if it is still there.
2017-6-19
Use props
alexa2e
lvl.1
United States

Yes don't send it. I agree. I have contacted like 10 people from dji one of them said to send it for repair. The others are telling me they are contacting the software technician. So I'm waiting to hear back from them.
2017-6-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Looks like DJI's just released a firmware fix for this: http://forum.dji.com/thread-101462-1-1.html
2017-6-22
Use props
alexa2e
lvl.1
United States

Does it actually work. Ima go try right now
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules