Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Issues with Spark Controller
11636 33 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neo2ooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87372 ft
United States

So I just got my FM spark today and I am having a big issue with the remote. I am getting weak transmission signal on the DJI app when I connect to the remote and I am getting an extremely choppy picture or no picture at all. I thought maybe because I was indoors there was a lot of interference but I took it out side and the same the thing is happening. If I control it with the phone the picture is buttery smooth. Anyone else having this issue?
2017-6-15
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

What was the distance between the RC and the bird? Bear in mind, even though they claim up to 2km operation distance I don't believe you can go that far without any connection issue. There are 2 wifi connections here, one between the phone to the RC and then RC to the drone. Any sane mind would say this might introduce latency because so many wireless devices connected to each other in a small distance. More wireless devices = more interference. Even sometimes my microwave oven block off the whole house wifi when it in use.
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try setting it to 2.4
2017-6-15
Use props
neo2ooo
lvl.1
United States

That worked. But why wouldn't 5.8 work from the RC? 5.8 works fine from my phone. Faulty RC?
2017-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

neo2ooo Posted at 2017-6-15 08:42
That worked. But why wouldn't 5.8 work from the RC? 5.8 works fine from my phone. Faulty RC?

It was similar with 5.8ghz on P4Pro when first came out, not sure exact reason, but it seems to have improved greatly.
2017-6-15
Use props
neo2ooo
lvl.1
United States

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-6-15 08:12
What was the distance between the RC and the bird? Bear in mind, even though they claim up to 2km operation distance I don't believe you can go that far without any connection issue. There are 2 wifi connections here, one between the phone to the RC and then RC to the drone. Any sane mind would say this might introduce latency because so many wireless devices connected to each other in a small distance. More wireless devices = more interference. Even sometimes my microwave oven block off the whole house wifi when it in use.

I was right next to the spark. Hadn't even taken off. The RC will not work on 5.8ghz. I have to switch it to 2.4 for it to work.
2017-6-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

neo2ooo Posted at 2017-6-15 08:57
I was right next to the spark. Hadn't even taken off. The RC will not work on 5.8ghz. I have to switch it to 2.4 for it to work.

I'm sure DJI will fix the 5.8 problem as well as all the normal bugs to come.
2017-6-15
Use props
WhiteNite
New
United States

I am experiencing the same thing.  I'm outside, at a park so not a lot of close RF interferience, and either the live video feed is very choppy or just black screen...and sometimes the controller is not as responsive as I think it should be,  are folks still experiencing this?  (I've got the yellow "fly longer" set.
2017-7-2
Use props
Wally-Works
New
United States

don't know what the yellow fly longer has to do with it...but I'm having the same thing with my yellow fly longer and I'm in the country miles from just about anything.  Video looks good just not on my phone/control
2017-7-2
Use props
OwlPic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Try hooking the controller to your phone via USB cable. (google it)
Turn off wifi in phone.
Make sure controller is the "HOST" end of cable (if using OTG cable and phone cable, the OTG hooks to the controller)
Link controller to Spark before plugging in USB.
2017-7-2
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Before you try the OTG USB cable method.  You can first uninstall the DJI GO 4 apps and reinstall again if you previous own any DJI products.  This works for me and I am using iPhone 7 plus.
2017-7-2
Use props
Paul
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70075 ft
United Kingdom

Same thing happening to me...direct iPhone link fine.... but via controller, video feed is unusable.
2017-7-2
Use props
sebmar
New
United Kingdom

Is this problem has been resolved (not asking for OTG USB)??? It is really annoying. I can't have a single flight without loosing connection
2017-7-5
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Me too.. keep loosing connection even with devices on a small table.  2.4 Ghz did NOT work for me.   I will wait for next firmware release.. not fixed, returning.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans8c798e35
New
United Kingdom

I have this same problem. It is incredibly frustrating. Phone to Spark via wifi works fine (with limitations on distance) but the phone to the remote controller is as you describe and unusable.
2017-7-9
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Having same issues :/ Hopefully, new firmware will come out soon with the fix. I feel like beta-testing the Spark while paying for it
2017-7-9
Use props
sebmar
New
United Kingdom

Yesterday I gave it a go with USB OTG and it works just fine but hence to having iPhone 7plus it is really inconvenient with all cables as iPhone bearly fits in. Really looking forward for updates to go wireless
2017-7-9
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-11
Use props
D_palic
New
Croatia

Hello everybody, I have the same annoying problem with the RC losing signal and picture after 200 ft distance... And then activation RTH mode.
I bought  the micro USB to female USB adapter that I plugged in the remote and then connect my regular iPhone cable to female USB side and to my iPhone 7, but the RC doesn't recognize the connection.

Does anybody have advice on this, hot to connect it correctly with the adapter that I have...?

Thanx a lot!
2017-7-24
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

D_palic Posted at 2017-7-24 14:39
Hello everybody, I have the same annoying problem with the RC losing signal and picture after 200 ft distance... And then activation RTH mode.
I bought  the micro USB to female USB adapter that I plugged in the remote and then connect my regular iPhone cable to female USB side and to my iPhone 7, but the RC doesn't recognize the connection.

First, ensure that you are using the port on the bottom of the RC.  The try this sequence:

1) switch on remote (nothing plugged in)

2) switch on spark

3) Wait for green light on controller

4) switch on ipad/iphone

5)open up DJI Go4 App you will see a grey screen.

6) plug in lightning cable to ipad/iphone

7) plug in usb end of lightning into the otg cable

8) plug otg cable into remote

9) pad/controller will sound to make connection

10) On your iphone you'll get the "This accessory may not be etc, etc" HIT dismiss to ignore message

11) Camera view pops up.
2017-7-24
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

i was 7 feet away from the drone and it disconnected.
2017-7-24
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

Frangu Posted at 2017-7-24 19:17

I had the same issue.  Really upsetting.  I'll try some of these other items those have mentioned, but it makes me want to return it. I realize it won't be a great as the mavic pro, but it should at least be able to go a few hunderd feet.
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i know wifi isn't ideal.. but in theory it shouldn't be this inconsistent.
2017-7-26
Use props
Domsz06
lvl.1
United States

I just updated and it's still terrible.  Can't hardly fly it. I think I'm going to try and return it. This is just not even worth it.
2017-8-1
Use props
fansab7d98f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7753 ft
United States

Check out video on YouTube ( DJI Spark and DJI Care Refresh ) my remote disconnected and my spark never came back 7/2/17 and of course DJI said it's pilot error and I can't use my DJI Care Refresh. DJI is so good to there customers.
2017-8-1
Use props
fans51622937
New
Flight distance : 853 ft
Mexico

I had the choppy video when I connected the remote (without it it worked fine) but I found a way to avoid that "interference error" and that was to turn off bluetooth on my iphone 7 plus, since I did that it works smoothly, just check if that helps all of you and give feedback in order to spread the word in case it works well.
2017-8-10
Use props
fans1485859a
lvl.1
France

Hello,

I'm unable to connect RC spark with mobile device using USB-OTC. Or chance of success very small : 1/50.

Last versions of firmware (RC / spark / batteries). Mobile device : Samsung A3 2016, android 601 french.

Thank you for your help.

Pierre
2017-8-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans1485859a Posted at 2017-8-24 02:15
Hello,

I'm unable to connect RC spark with mobile device using USB-OTC. Or chance of success very small : 1/50.

Some cables are not fully OTG compliant, so they may not work.

Trying connecting the OTG cable to the RC last, that is connect the AC and RC, open the app on the phone/tablet and then connect the OTG to the RC
2017-8-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Frangu Posted at 2017-7-24 19:17

Was it the RC that disconnected from the AC or was it the phone/tablet that disconnected from the RC ?
2017-8-24
Use props
fans1485859a
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-8-24 04:19
Was it the RC that disconnected from the AC or was it the phone/tablet that disconnected from the RC ?

Hello,

Fine between spark and RC. The problem is between phone and RC using OTG. I tried x different ways of procedure (switch on before, after plug, re-install DJI-GO4, 2 differents otg-cables, and so on...) it works sometimes but very, very seldom and randomly (but when it works, it works well). I wonder if the problem comes from the phone : lack of power ?

Thank you and sorry for my poor english
2017-8-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fans1485859a Posted at 2017-8-24 02:15
Hello,

Try some other USB cabel
I have that problem with an LG G4
It seems to be better, using the original data/charging cable from the old Note 2 (5 years old),
as the shorter data cabel I have, or even the original LG USB cabel.
Maybe not only the LG G4 is picky?
Can be also the OTG-Hub
Cheap one, maybe?
2017-8-24
Use props
fans1485859a
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-8-24 04:19

Thank you Lannes. I'll try this procedure and say you. Kindly yours ... later
2017-8-24
Use props
fans1485859a
lvl.1
France

lannes Posted at 2017-8-24 04:21
Some cables are not fully OTG compliant, so they may not work.

Trying connecting the OTG cable to the RC last, that is connect the AC and RC, open the app on the phone/tablet and then connect the OTG to the RC

I tried with a third cable and according with your procedure, it works fine. Thank you. Best regards. Pierre
2017-8-25
Use props
djiuser_2AUioK8CJte0
lvl.1

Hi my name is Mike. I'm relatively new at all this but hungry to learn. I have been trying since FC things I've read and I can't get my Motorola droid turbo two Verizon to work with otg any which way. But one thing I wondered and tried and found out was that the first thing I did when I got my spark, since I couldn't afford fly more fast enough lol,was Connect it to my phone via Wi-Fi Then I got a controller and hooked it via Wi-Fi to my phone.  I think that sometimes it would be phone connected to spark using controller hooked to spark hence bad reception. I forgot the remembered spark aircraft Wi-Fi ssid and started only hooking phone to controller via Wi-Fi and spark hooked to controller. So phone hooked to controller not aircraft when using controller  duh lol
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules