Shocking customer service
2686 21 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans657a7475
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've had image transmission issues with my mavic and online support has told me it needs to go into repair.
I'm off to Asia on Monday and need my Mavic so I can't wait for it to be repaired!

Spoke to Melody from technical support who constantly said it could not be replaced and she hung up on me!!

Very upset and hoping DJI will get me flying again...

Anyway here is what I wrote to sales, and let's see what they reply..... I'll be impressed if they can replace it!

Hi there,

I have had an appalling customer service experience today.

I am going on holiday on Monday and want to take my DJI MAVIC PRO with me. However it is currently broken - the image transmission is pixelated and sometimes there is no image transmission at all. I would also like to point out that I have had a problem before with my Mavic, I bought it in February, it came broken due to the remote controller having weak signal. I sent it off for repair and was given a new drone, this took a whole month to do. I did not receive the new drone until the 27th of March, it took a whole month to be repaired when in actual fact there was no repair completed due to the fact that I was issued a new drone ( the serial number was different on the drone I got back).

I spoke to Mark Timothy on online chat I sent him screenshots of the problems and he could not fix/diagnose the problem and said I need to send it in for repair.

However there is not enough time to process this repair as I leave on Monday 19th June for Singapore. Aforementioned, the prospect of getting it repaired is not something I'm interested in at this point due to my holiday being so soon, I have been looking forward to using my drone on it, it is one of the reasons I purchased a drone.  

I then called Melody from Technical Support to see if she could help however she was unable to help I asked her to get her supervisor Michael but she refused to. As well as this she hung up on me, I have never encountered such hostile and rude customer service from any brand let alone a brand such as DJI, I have spent over a £1000 on this drone and with that comes expectation of a certain level of customer service.

I am hoping to rectify this issue by having a replacement Mavic Pro by Monday. I bought the Mavic from the Apple Store however they have said it is up to DJI to issue a replacement. I would really appreciate it, if you could reinstil my faith in DJI as a brand and help me take some great pictures and shots on my holiday!

I really hope you can help me get me flying again and correct this poor experience.

Regards,

2017-6-15
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Sorry to hear about this. Again.
It's common knowledge that the service aspect of DJI is needing a business model change on the service end.
But until that happens, we have to deal with what is.

Unfortunately, you are leaving in 5 days, and the only way you would be guaranteed a Mavic for your vacation is maybe you can rent a unit, see if there any services camera shops, hobby shops where they may rent them. If not, then the only other option is to buy a new Mavic, then when DJI gets your serviced/repaired craft back to you, sell it.

I think that this is your only option(s) at this time.
2017-6-15
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144859 ft
South Korea

I also has an issue with dji service center here, in South Korea. After i put it on the service center, almost a month they didn't do anything and never contacted me ONCE!!can you believe it? I bought mavic pro combo and after a few days it has been crashed. The gimbal finally has abnormal issues. Finally i decided to ask them back without repairing . Just send it back i said to them. And i just got my mavic this afternoon. And wtf? There are no battery included in the box!!!! God!
I asked them where is my battery and they still keep in silence till now! Booo! Dji, Really? It's even more expensive than my iphone but the after sales service is very disturbing and not satisfying. {:4_154:}
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I apologize for the inconvenience that has caused in your trip. I believe Melody has tried her best to diagnose the problem but is hard to get it sorted remotely.
If your problem cannot be resolved over the telephone or through the application of software updates, you may be required to deliver the product to DJI for further examination. Please forgive us your drone cannot be replaced directly. Repair or replacement can only be decided after damage assessment. We are sorry for the inconvenience and unpleasant experience with us.
Like Flycaster said, your schedule is too rush, sending in will not catch your trip definitely. Please see if you can rent a drone from local re-seller.
We know we have much to learn and will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ariksaja Posted at 2017-6-15 10:22
I also has an issue with dji service center here, in South Korea. After i put it on the service center, almost a month they didn't do anything and never contacted me ONCE!!can you believe it? I bought mavic pro combo and after a few days it has been crashed. The gimbal finally has abnormal issues. Finally i decided to ask them back without repairing . Just send it back i said to them. And i just got my mavic this afternoon. And wtf? There are no battery included in the box!!!! God!
I asked them where is my battery and they still keep in silence till now! Booo! Dji, Really? It's even more expensive than my iphone but the after sales service is very disturbing and not satisfying.

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused. Your drone was sent to Flag Store in Seoul right? Is there any case number they created for you? Please provide it to me, I will to look into the process and help to get it sorted as soon as possible.
2017-6-16
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-16 02:48
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused. Your drone was sent to Flag Store in Seoul right? Is there any case number they created for you? Please provide it to me, I will to look into the process and help to get it sorted as soon as possible.

No. I don't have the case number. I asked them but they not giving my case number almost a month. So i asked them again to send my mavic pro back to me without repairing. They told me  perhaps i must change the cable. They said my gimbal cable might be broken. They want to send my mavic to china. What? I don't think my mavic is that bad. Yesterday Ii got my mavic pro back. Shockingly,without my battery! Gosh! This morning i emailed or chat with them but they were ignoring me! I even ask them and tell them my battery's serial number.  I don't want to receive my battery with different serial number because it's still new. My mavic s/n is 08QUE4B0010E6B . I called them this morning and they said they'll find my email but no no they still ignoring me.  My drone was on JCHyun after sales service.  I told them also that those battery was from my combo pack spare.  I hope you can help me get my battery back since they were ignoring me. Thanks
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ariksaja Posted at 2017-6-16 04:51
No. I don't have the case number. I asked them but they not giving my case number almost a month. So i asked them again to send my mavic pro back to me without repairing. They told me  perhaps i must change the cable. They said my gimbal cable might be broken. They want to send my mavic to china. What? I don't think my mavic is that bad. Yesterday Ii got my mavic pro back. Shockingly,without my battery! Gosh! This morning i emailed or chat with them but they were ignoring me! I even ask them and tell them my battery's serial number.  I don't want to receive my battery with different serial number because it's still new. My mavic s/n is 08QUE4B0010E6B . I called them this morning and they said they'll find my email but no no they still ignoring me.  My drone was on JCHyun after sales service.  I told them also that those battery was from my combo pack spare.  I hope you can help me get my battery back since they were ignoring me. Thanks

Ariksaja. do you have a ticket number so we can find out what we can do for you? Besides, have you contacted JCHyun directly? JC.png
2017-6-16
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-16 19:20
Ariksaja. do you have a ticket number so we can find out what we can do for you? Besides, have you contacted JCHyun directly? [view_image]

Of course i contact them directly. I can forward my emails to them which is has no reply.
2017-6-16
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

DJI wouldn't honor their warranty on a brand new z-axis I bought.  Their reason?  I bought it on eBay.  I provided the proof of purchase and even the vendor's DJI Authorized Vendor certificate.  My Mavic Pro fly more package came with a defective car charger.  It's been a month since this issue was brought to their attention, and I still can't get anything done.  DJI's customer service stinks to high heaven.  If they didn't make useful equipment, I'd avoid them at all cost.  Sooner or later, some other drone company is going to come along and take the market.
2017-6-16
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

Ariksaja. do you have a ticket number so we can find out what we can do for you? Besides, have you contacted JCHyun directly? [view_image]

I don't have ticket number. That's why i felt doubt about it. I don't have anything whether ticket number or case id. I only have a receipt because i was gone to JC System building in Yongsan, Seoul.
I followed the instruction based on some papers inside my  mavic box
2017-6-16
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

I can forward my email to them to you.
I also can send you my chat with them.

You may give your email so i can send it all.
I bought mavic pro combo fly more pack at May 19th this year.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

DonBishop Posted at 2017-6-16 20:11
DJI wouldn't honor their warranty on a brand new z-axis I bought.  Their reason?  I bought it on eBay.  I provided the proof of purchase and even the vendor's DJI Authorized Vendor certificate.  My Mavic Pro fly more package came with a defective car charger.  It's been a month since this issue was brought to their attention, and I still can't get anything done.  DJI's customer service stinks to high heaven.  If they didn't make useful equipment, I'd avoid them at all cost.  Sooner or later, some other drone company is going to come along and take the market.

Sincerely sorry for this , could you pklease provide us more details about this issue, like a case number? So we can look into it.
2017-6-17
Use props
S. P. Roth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Same problems with Yuneec.
2017-6-17
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-17 03:37
Sincerely sorry for this , could you pklease provide us more details about this issue, like a case number? So we can look into it.

???? I don't think you read my posts here. Didn't i posted that i don't have case number here? And why i asked my mavic back? and now they don't send my battery that i put with my mavic inside the box?  Is my serial number untraceable if dji headquarter contacting their branch in other country? That's also my reason why  i also post here because i also hoped that another  dji people will help me. I still has warranty . This is my first time experience with big company didn't send my stuff back just like i sent to them before, you know. Can't you imagine how am i suppose to do when i have no feedback with your own people here? You keep asking me case id or whatsoever. Why don't you just call them and ask about my mavic serial number and how is the progress of my request to them ?
2017-6-17
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

let me share my email that has no reply so far, and chat with your rep After sales in south korea.

2017-6-18
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

Portable Network Graphics image-C604DD86E72F-1.jpg Portable Network Graphics image-66E93ED79C78-1.jpg Portable Network Graphics image-BA83EF656245-1.jpg Portable Network Graphics image-B41DF2917897-1.jpg
i don't have case id since i got no information from them.
how am i suppose to do then DJI?
should i wait until my battery being sent to other person? or should i wait until my battery has full cycle because they using it?

2017-6-18
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This really scares me about DJI, all I had to do today was push enter and purchased a P4A but I didn't due to bad customer service.  Maybe I will wait a bit longer to see if customer service improves.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-18 19:59
This really scares me about DJI, all I had to do today was push enter and purchased a P4A but I didn't due to bad customer service.  Maybe I will wait a bit longer to see if customer service improves.

Since you didn't send in your drone to Flagship store for maintenance but re-seller, we need some time to communicate with JC HYUN SYSTEM about your issue. I will come back to you once there is any update, appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
2017-6-19
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 01:51
Since you didn't send in your drone to Flagship store for maintenance but re-seller, we need some time to communicate with JC HYUN SYSTEM about your issue. I will come back to you once there is any update, appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

??? What do you mean i'm not sent to flagship store? I sent to them because there's information inside the box to send it to jchyiun system if there's any problem. And, dji website also recommend repair center as you can see at  http://www.dji.com/mobile/service/repair/centers , choose Asia and find Korea. What do you mean by Reseller? Dji's website said that is RECOMMENDED SERVICE CENTER. I personally didn't check where is the reseller in korea.  

Finally yesterday i got a call from JCHYUN and they said they will send my battery yesterday afternoon. So they said my battery will coming at tomorrow (or) the day after tomorrow. ( huh ? ) Strangely, i asked  about the tracking number and they still didn't give me any. I'm curious is they really send my battery or just some kind of bulls**t ? I know how much time couriers  needed to  sendis  package from  seoul to incheon which is only one day if they starting sending it out after 12 pm.  
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ariksaja Posted at 2017-6-19 18:30
??? What do you mean i'm not sent to flagship store? I sent to them because there's information inside the box to send it to jchyiun system if there's any problem. And, dji website also recommend repair center as you can see at  http://www.dji.com/mobile/service/repair/centers , choose Asia and find Korea. What do you mean by Reseller? Dji's website said that is RECOMMENDED SERVICE CENTER. I personally didn't check where is the reseller in korea.  

Finally yesterday i got a call from JCHYUN and they said they will send my battery yesterday afternoon. So they said my battery will coming at tomorrow (or) the day after tomorrow. ( huh ? ) Strangely, i asked  about the tracking number and they still didn't give me any. I'm curious is they really send my battery or just some kind of bulls**t ? I know how much time couriers  needed to  sendis  package from  seoul to incheon which is only one day if they starting sending it out after 12 pm.

I'm sorry that the repair center you mentioned is operated by re-seller,there is only one flagship store in South Korea, which locates in Eoulmadang-Ro 140 Mapo-Gu Seoul. If you need repair service, an appointment should be made before you go there: http://www.dji.com/kr/service/repair/reserve
Our appropriate team has contacted JCHYUN, they will send battery to you as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.
2017-6-19
Use props
ariksaja
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-19 23:38
I'm sorry that the repair center you mentioned is operated by re-seller,there is only one flagship store in South Korea, which locates in Eoulmadang-Ro 140 Mapo-Gu Seoul. If you need repair service, an appointment should be made before you go there: http://www.dji.com/kr/service/repair/reserve
Our appropriate team has contacted JCHYUN, they will send battery to you as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.

Okay i received the battery and i'm done. Thanks for the long complicated after sales that you offer. I just hope dji starting to take customer /service center problems really seriously and take it to the next level.  
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ariksaja Posted at 2017-6-21 19:38
Okay i received the battery and i'm done. Thanks for the long complicated after sales that you offer. I just hope dji starting to take customer /service center problems really seriously and take it to the next level.

I'm so glad you received your battery, thank you for your suggestion and feedback, we will keep improving to provide more professional customer service. Should you have further question, please feel free to let us know.
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules