Need help on P4P firmware update
1735 12 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50830 ft
United States

I need DJI help to hopefully solve my problem. I have two phantoms 4 pro’s, one being a plus and one not. The firmware for the P4P+ updated with no problems. With the P4P, I was using my Samsung tablet and it said that the update had completed but when I connected the tablet back to the RC and pressed the ‘Go Fly’ icon, it would go straight into the WIFI settings. All devices were fully charged when trying this. I turned off all units and rebooted the tablet with no success. So, I then tried it with my android S5 mobile phone. It says there is a firmware update needed, but when you remove the cord from the RC to connect to the P4P, the update instantly goes away. After trying several different steps (airplane mode, clearing memory, etc.) I uninstalled end reinstalled the app, still no success. In either case of using the phone or tablet when plugging in the P4P, it does say its plugged into the bird. The one thing that the RC is doing is it keeps flashing red and green very quickly, not sure if this is part of the problem. I’m not sure where to check to see where the current version is, so that would also.

2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Are you sure the update that is needed is the one for the aircraft and not the one for the RC? There are TWO updates to do... And to check the versions of the firmware  just go to the "About" item in the general settings (in DJI GO 4 App) -it is at the very bottom.
2017-6-15
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

Good question, my phone says, 'no latest version detected' and the update shows to connect the phone with the P4P.
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

TJH Posted at 2017-6-15 10:22
Good question, my phone says, 'no latest version detected' and the update shows to connect the phone with the P4P.

Can you try again with the tablet, to see if you can access the "About" section?
the updates should be :

Aircraft Firmware: V 01.04.0602
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller (GL300F) Firmware: V 1.4.1.0
2017-6-15
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

20170615_Tab01.jpg 20170615_Tab03.jpg 20170615_Tab06.jpg
I'm providing some images with to see if that may help. After turning rebooting the tablet and tuning on the P4P and RC, the DJI goes into checking the version and now does not come out of that check mode (20170615_Tab06) , but yet I can depress the GO Fly icon. The other images are what was showing before the Tab06 happen.  
20170615_Tab01.jpg
20170615_Tab02.jpg
20170615_Tab05.jpg
20170615_Tab02.jpg
20170615_Tab05.jpg
2017-6-15
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for any dups here, had problems loading.
2017-6-15
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Similar issues here after a successful P4P firmware update using DJI Assistant 2 I could not do the same for the RC. All I got was an option to roll back the RC version to original.  Tried getting the update message for the RC to update over the air, but never got it and with the RC on the older version and drone on new version I wasn't getting a video connection.  So rolled back the drone firmware to the previous version and it finally behaved normally after 4 or 5 reboots. Now I am getting the prompt to update and connect the USB cable directly from the drone to my tablet (Samsung S2), but as soon as I attempt to make that connection by pulling the cable out of the tablet to connect to drone all the update prompts go away.
Now, the last update was frustrating, but this one is IMPOSSIBLE. Why make this so difficult, DJI???
2017-6-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

TJH Posted at 2017-6-15 12:37
Sorry for any dups here, had problems loading.

Hi TJH, After seeing your images with the messages, I'm afraid I haven't a clue :-( Maybe reverting both the aircraft and the RC to older firmware and then trying again? This is a kind of problem I haven't had so far, and don't know how to deal with. Always did updates through the iPad and they worked at the first try (Not sure though if I was just lucky or what, or it depended on the iOS vs Android etc...) Hope you will get better help than I can provide!
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TJH Posted at 2017-6-15 12:38
[view_image][view_image][view_image]
I'm providing some images with to see if that may help. After turning rebooting the tablet and tuning on the P4P and RC, the DJI goes into checking the version and now does not come out of that check mode (20170615_Tab06) , but yet I can depress the GO Fly icon. The other images are what was showing before the Tab06 happen.

TJH, please reset the RC to factory defaut via the DJI Assistant 2 first, then re-link the Remote Controller to the drone. If it is still the same, please click on GO FLY, then click on the three points icon on the top right corner, go to General Settings-- About,  post a pic about this page for better assistance. Thank you in advance.
2017-6-16
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

I will work on the suggestions, I have to travel for a few days  and so I'll work on this when I get back on Monday. I'll have to download Assistant 2 to reset the RC. Thanks everyone for help here.
2017-6-16
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor, I downloaded what I believe is the correct app 'Ronin Assistant', after logging into the app, it says 'No DJI Bluetooth devices have been found'. I have my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on, don't know why I'm getting this message. Need help please.
2017-6-19
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-6-15 19:42
Similar issues here after a successful P4P firmware update using DJI Assistant 2 I could not do the same for the RC. All I got was an option to roll back the RC version to original.  Tried getting the update message for the RC to update over the air, but never got it and with the RC on the older version and drone on new version I wasn't getting a video connection.  So rolled back the drone firmware to the previous version and it finally behaved normally after 4 or 5 reboots. Now I am getting the prompt to update and connect the USB cable directly from the drone to my tablet (Samsung S2), but as soon as I attempt to make that connection by pulling the cable out of the tablet to connect to drone all the update prompts go away.
Now, the last update was frustrating, but this one is IMPOSSIBLE. Why make this so difficult, DJI???

I had this issue on a Samsung Tablet too. I couldn't get it to recognize the need for an update to the controller. When I connected it to a Note 4 phone, it picked it right up and all is good now.
2017-6-19
Use props
TJH
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for your response, I tried with the Samsung tablet and the Samsung android S5, it won't work on wither one.
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules