Zenmuse Z3 Shake When NOT Zoomed In
1107 5 2017-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonesDrones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331598 ft
United States

I'm noticing that my Z3 has some vibration in the video feed even when the drone is just sitting on a flat surface not moving. Obviously when zooming in, this vibration is noticed even more.

2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is this right out of the box. or is this after a firmware update or hard landing? Have you checked the vibration dampeners to make sure they're not damaged? Has an IMU, then a gimbal calibration to see if that alleviates the issue?
2017-6-15
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 20:39
Is this right out of the box. or is this after a firmware update or hard landing? Have you checked the vibration dampeners to make sure they're not damaged? Has an IMU, then a gimbal calibration to see if that alleviates the issue?

Good questions. It's not right out of the box - the Z3 was bought in February, but has never encountered a rough landing or crash. It's been babied haha.

I tried going back a firmware then re-updating to the latest. No luck. I also checked the dampeners and they look normal. It *seems* like the motor is working too hard to stay steady and is obviously failing.

Either way, I sent it back to DJI to repair - it's still under warranty. But I was just curious if anyone had any ideas. Thanks for your reply
2017-6-16
Use props
JonesDrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-15 20:39

I should also mention that I HAVE done many gimbal calibrations and IMU calibrations. I also have an X# that is working perfectly on this Inspire - no vibration.
2017-6-16
Use props
Supercaliber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

JonesDrones Posted at 2017-6-16 05:01
I should also mention that I HAVE done many gimbal calibrations and IMU calibrations. I also have an X# that is working perfectly on this Inspire - no vibration.

Besides the shake, are you happy with the camera over the X3?
2017-8-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a Z3 and loved it. Beat the brakes off the X3.
I have since moved up to the Inspire2 and hope DJI makes a comparable zoom camera for it.
Check this video out. The AC was in a stationary hover throughout the entire shoot.

2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules