How to go live facebook with Spark?
18635 25 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf5ba2e8d
New

Malaysia

Hello guys. I'm from Malaysia. I just bought my Spark last week. First can I know how to go live facebook with my Spark? Last but not least, why I cannot find enable button for my map and live streaming? Thank you.
2017-6-16
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

May want to consult the manual, but I see on page 42, "tap the *** to enter general setting metrics, enabling live streaming, displaying flight routes and so on.
2017-6-16
Use props
fans0689cb0a
New

United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-16 12:33
May want to consult the manual, but I see on page 42, "tap the *** to enter general setting metrics, enabling live streaming, displaying flight routes and so on.

I see that on Page 42 it talks about the live streaming.  However, if the spark is using the wifi you don't have the option of live streaming.  If I turn OFF the wifi I get the screen with live streaming but I lose connection to the spark.  I saw a youtube video showing how you can use a two side micro-usb cable and make the video work (like the mavic is connected with a cable) but I cannot get the spark to connect this way.  Anyone else have any luck?
2017-6-20
Use props
fans14635354
lvl.1
United States

I am so confused about this live streaming feature, wonder how it works
2017-6-20
Use props
fansee80958b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187799 ft
Hong Kong

Yes connect otg usb with phobe , then 4Gdata online for live boardcast
2017-6-21
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

fansee80958b Posted at 2017-6-21 03:27
Yes connect otg usb with phobe , then 4Gdata online for live boardcast

True, but technically DJI has made no mention of the USB/OTG cable connection method.  Mind you that I connect my Spark using OTG.  I'm thinking that maybe the Live Streaming portion of the Spark manual has been recycled from the Mavic manual.
2017-6-21
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

fans0689cb0a Posted at 2017-6-20 16:28
I see that on Page 42 it talks about the live streaming.  However, if the spark is using the wifi you don't have the option of live streaming.  If I turn OFF the wifi I get the screen with live streaming but I lose connection to the spark.  I saw a youtube video showing how you can use a two side micro-usb cable and make the video work (like the mavic is connected with a cable) but I cannot get the spark to connect this way.  Anyone else have any luck?

Very good point...
2017-6-21
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Update:  I just read that Live Streaming will work, but only WITHOUT using the RC.
2017-6-21
Use props
Riggz
lvl.2
Canada

so if you only have the phone it won't work for live streaming??

i have a OTG cable
2017-6-21
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Riggz Posted at 2017-6-21 04:47
so if you only have the phone it won't work for live streaming??

i have a OTG cable

From what I've been reading on the Spark forum only the phone will work.  Which presents an entirely other issue, because its very cumbersome to connect the phone to the Spark once an RC has been paired/linked to it.
2017-6-21
Use props
djiuser_9wGLdnW
New
Indonesia

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-21 04:59
From what I've been reading on the Spark forum only the phone will work.  Which presents an entirely other issue, because its very cumbersome to connect the phone to the Spark once an RC has been paired/linked to it.

tested by me. works perfectly live streaming on my facebook

i am connect my dji spark RC to my phone using OTG cable, and my phone use 4G data connection.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

fans14635354 Posted at 2017-6-20 21:15
I am so confused about this live streaming feature, wonder how it works

Live streaming uses the internet of your mobile device and it can transmit the image to the third party platform.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

According to your description, it seems that you use an Android phone and it can not use wifi and mobile data at the same time. Please try to use an iphone instead. Thanks.
2017-9-7
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Android using OTG can streaming to youtube, but did not work when login or stream to Facebook.
2017-9-7
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Check to go4 app under ***.  I've done it and it works.  Have fun
2017-9-8
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248589 ft
United States

How do you control the audience when you go Facebook live stream
2017-10-10
Use props
BIG MAC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384088 ft
United Kingdom

I've spent the entire morning trying to live stream from my Spark using the latest Android; it'll not work with the RC connected to the Android phone with the OTG cable. The OTG cable has nothing to do with being able to obtain "live streaming" it just improves connection that's all!

You need to unpair the RC if you're using an Android then live stream from your cell, then pair the RC and phone up once you've finished live streaming. For some WEIRD reason DJI has yet again made it virtually impossible for Android users to use their UAV's in exactly the same way as Iphone users. SIGH!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP DJI!
2017-11-12
Use props
marikello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59537 ft
Ireland

Aww jasus, really DJI, should advertise that all DJI drones must be used with IPhone....
2017-11-18
Use props
CaptCraig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32251 ft
United States

I can not find or see where to live stream
2017-12-9
Use props
fans01b54bd0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150614 ft
United States

I tried using my otg cable to connect my phone to the drone as not to use the WiFi to connect to the drone.so I can use my cell data to live stream..I am using a Samsung s8+ and when I connect the otg and shut off the WiFi the phone goes dead...I have to connect a power cable to phone to start it back up...
2018-2-8
Use props
Kramp Dem Billgates
New

Jamaica

I love my dji I have the most video for the dji
2018-10-16
Use props
Twistedlarch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3948947 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0689cb0a Posted at 2017-6-20 16:28
I see that on Page 42 it talks about the live streaming.  However, if the spark is using the wifi you don't have the option of live streaming.  If I turn OFF the wifi I get the screen with live streaming but I lose connection to the spark.  I saw a youtube video showing how you can use a two side micro-usb cable and make the video work (like the mavic is connected with a cable) but I cannot get the spark to connect this way.  Anyone else have any luck?

The OTG cable is directional, try flipping the cable  around and try again.
2018-10-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

you need the otg cable?
2018-10-21
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

So i have OTG with mine and use Samsung Galaxy S8. I really can't see the livestream option...... I mean i guess i'm not missing out too much as Facebook reduces video quality down to about 360P!!!!
2018-10-23
Use props
Soiboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 572566 ft
United States

Just did a few live streams via Facebook on my DJI Spark and my Android phone. Works really easily. I used the controller and connected to my Android phone via cable.
2020-3-28
Use props
Donnie Cunningham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60640 ft
United States

I've watched several videos on live streaming.  I have absolutely no option for live streaming. Can anyone please help me?
2020-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules