Cracks In Mavic Pro Batteries And DJI Doesn't Care
1447 8 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1563e1fc
New

United States

So all my Mavic Pro batteries have all of the sudden decided they want to split open or start to split open.  I contacted DJI Support and I am a month beyond the warranty so they won't replace them.  Sorry DJI but this is just poor customer service.  There are pictures of this occuring all over the place.  It is clearly a defect in the product.  I have never crashed my drone or overcharged the batteries.  
file1.jpeg
file-1.jpeg
file2.jpeg
2017-6-16
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been told it was a bad run of plastic. I have at least two that are cracking. I have a lot of cycles on mine, if they would replace them "out of warranty" I'd send them back in a second.
2017-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would try to contest that , I have checked mine they are ok but if that's to come I won't be happy. Good luck
2017-6-16
Use props
midrone
New

United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-16 08:31
I've been told it was a bad run of plastic. I have at least two that are cracking. I have a lot of cycles on mine, if they would replace them "out of warranty" I'd send them back in a second.

They said 6 month warranty and I am just over that and they would not replace them.  I am actually trying to call them to see if will do anything.  I tried the online service and they would not budge.  I have had no problems with mine either.  
2017-6-16
Use props
midrone
New

United States

So Carlos at DJI Support says they have a strict policy of not helping customers after their warranty runs out.  They also told me it was ok to fly my drone with cracked batteries.  Carlos's support number is 338 and he said that he runs the support department and that I can talk to no one else about the problem.  
2017-6-16
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I had a Phantom that developed cracks well outside of the warranty period, not to mention the warranty does not cover the shell and DJI replaced it under warranty. I understand the situation is different but the strict policy didn't seem so strict then. Maybe things have changed though.
2017-6-16
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-6-16 08:31

Out of curiosity, how many cycles did you have on them before they started cracking? I have 5 that I've owned for about 6 months now and it's going to be painful if they all go bad around the same time.
2017-6-16
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I had about 100 cycles on each battery that's cracked.
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The warranty period of the battery is 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times. We are so sorry to say that we are not able to provide warranty service if the product is out of warranty period. Hope you can understand the situation.
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules