Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI not honoring warranty??
1053 7 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jn123
United States

I am a veteran, professional filmmaker - and I say this as a background so you understand how I use and treat my gear.
I purcahsed an OSMO less than a year ago. From the beginning, the OSMO had lots of trouble communciating by WIFI. I spoke to DJI many times about this in the past year. I went through countles resets, firmware re-upgrades, re-installing of software, etc etc etc.

About 8 weeks ago the OSMO stopped communicating altogeher. With some quick web searches, it seemed like this was a hardware issue that DJI has been dealing with...that many many people have been experiencing.

I sent my OSMO in to be fixed, as the support team said "no problem" - as it was well under warranty, and it should be repaired and back to me in no time.

Well, I got an invoice  - and now they wont send it back to me unless I pay it.

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE - the ONLY record of your OSMO's serial number is a flimsy sticker, apparently....which convienently disapeared when I sent it in to DJI. (who does this on a professional product?? A sticker? And ZERO other way of getting that #??) This is how DJI protects your purchase...with a flimsy sticker. If that falls off, you are screwed. Like me.

So now -  I've now wasted weeks on end proving where and when I purcahsed it, and they STILL want to charge me for the repair...almost $200.

Is this how DJI normally operates? Or is this a special occasion?

2017-6-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so I can look into this?
2017-6-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for this, like Jamie mentioned, please provide us your case number so we can look into it, and will get this sorted out shortly. Thank you in advance.
2017-6-16
Use props
jn123
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-16 12:36
Could you please provide your case number so I can look into this?

Even though I provided all of my information to DJI, and it was still under warranty, DJI refused to fix it, and they forced me to pay for the repair, or, send it back to me. That is the thanks I get for being a DJi customer and playing by your rules of the warranty. I wonder how many others out there also have been screwed by DJI, and have not had their lawful warranty's honored.

Anyway, so I was FORCED to pay for the repair, a part that was made very poorly by DJI - a $150 repair that should 100% have been covered by the warranty.

So, they contacted me 9 days and said it would be shipped back to me in 2-3 days. That was 9 days ago. You have had my OSMO since early May......so this is going on 8 full weeks that you have held my OSMO hostage.

What a great company to work with. Thank you for all of your great help and support. Glad I could now spend almost $1000 for this OSMO and have nothing to show for it.

CAS-487535-B8X9Z7
2017-7-5
Use props
jn123
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-6-16 19:42
Sorry for this, like Jamie mentioned, please provide us your case number so we can look into it, and will get this sorted out shortly. Thank you in advance.

Even though I provided all of my information to DJI, and it was still under warranty, DJI refused to fix it, and they forced me to pay for the repair, or, send it back to me. That is the thanks I get for being a DJi customer and playing by your rules of the warranty. I wonder how many others out there also have been screwed by DJI, and have not had their lawful warranty's honored.

Anyway, so I was FORCED to pay for the repair, a part that was made very poorly by DJI - a $150 repair that should 100% have been covered by the warranty.

So, they contacted me 9 days and said it would be shipped back to me in 2-3 days. That was 9 days ago. You have had my OSMO since early May......so this is going on 8 full weeks that you have held my OSMO hostage.

What a great company to work with. Thank you for all of your great help and support. Glad I could now spend almost $1000 for this OSMO and have nothing to show for it.

CAS-487535-B8X9Z7
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jn123 Posted at 2017-7-5 09:23

I'm so sorry that I just saw the post here, I have responded on your own thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-103420-1-1.html   
The Osmo has been shipped out two days agao, you will receive it very soon.
2017-7-10
Use props
djiuser_eqqgjafYqxy4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Really disappointed my drone under warranty, but they refused to repair  , repair centre said because of signal lost  i flew in narrow place and crash , whats the point of buying a drone if i cant fly on narrow place . Drone i flew automatically i am not even controlled its fly its self and crash it is technical issue but they refused to repair. It was happen before also
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_eqqgjafYqxy4 Posted at 6-8 16:23
Really disappointed my drone under warranty, but they refused to repair  , repair centre said because of signal lost  i flew in narrow place and crash , whats the point of buying a drone if i cant fly on narrow place . Drone i flew automatically i am not even controlled its fly its self and crash it is technical issue but they refused to repair. It was happen before also

Hi there, we apologize for the crash accident and the warranty service cannot be provided in your case. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, we don't mean the drone cannot fly in the narrow place, in your case, the GPS and RC signal was blocked because you flew in the narrow place, the aircraft was forced to enter Atti mode. In this mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake and nor could it avoid obstacles automatically. Sorry that it is a non-warranty case, hope for you understanding. ATTI.png
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules