Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji 3 standard signal issue
788 13 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8adb551a
New

United Kingdom

Hi, recently I've bought a second hand dji3 standard, after flying a couple of times I have a few issues popping up on screen, one being a interference message, although I've recently read to move the antenna in a certain place when flying, second and main one is my screen looses signal,, so il be flying through screen and then it will start to freeze etc, I've read about a firmware rollback? Can anyone help me on this, I've followed(tried) 2 different ways, but cannot get the drone to put the firmware on ? Thanks for any help
2017-6-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

more info is needed........what device are you using for your display, what type of setting are you flying in.....urban, rural, miles from anything ?
2017-6-16
Use props
fans8adb551a
New

United Kingdom

Using iPhone 7plus for the screen, and flying around buildings, also tried on a open field , and still happens just the same way
2017-6-16
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

fans8adb551a Posted at 2017-6-16 14:04
Using iPhone 7plus for the screen, and flying around buildings, also tried on a open field , and still happens just the same way

the iphone should be ok in airplane mode, but  what type of area are you flying in ? wifi congested areas  will cause problems.   even open sports fields near schools etc arent clean of " interference"
2017-6-16
Use props
fans8adb551a
New

United Kingdom

In airplane mode??? Whys this? I've been using mine just as normal? And at the min only flown around houses, and on a school field
2017-6-16
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

do you get strong interfernce warnings, that is because your controller pics up other wifi signals
2017-6-17
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

i also have that warings, also in a park. my p3s get easy 500m and 680-760 m max (further with low interference
2017-6-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Airplane mode on the phone stops all tasks you don´t  control a bird named P3S and can be the solutions  for the issues on your bird.(Mobile data waves)
Try to set the video cache as small as possible or switch it off. Do not run apps in back round. If ya have a task killer and ya are too lazy to kill tasks by hand then use it.
2017-6-17
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

The "Strong Interference Warning" message is not uncommon. It can be from many sources such as your home wifi as well as neighborhood houses wifi and cell towers etc. Typically it's not a big deal, unless it's a really strong source and you're fairly close to it, it's just telling you that they are there. As far as the Airplane Mode, you can turn that on and then turn back on your wifi and connect to the Phantom. It helps to keep your phone from getting calls and also from it downloading app updates and so on while you're flying. The screen freezing usually wouldn't be caused by the firmware but make sure your Go app is current. You could try flying with a different device once just to see if it makes any difference. The 7 should be more than enough to fly with. You could also sync your flight records and then reinstall the app to see if that helps. Also make sure your antenna is pointed straight up like normal, but that would only affect the control of the AC as the video goes through the 2 internal panels inside the front of the RC. Make sure those are clear of obstructions as well (finger tips etc.).
2017-6-17
Use props
fans8adb551a
New

United Kingdom

So is the strong interference warning anything to worry about??
2017-6-17
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

fans8adb551a Posted at 2017-6-17 08:33

I wouldn't worry about it too much. As long as your AC doesn't act "strangely" when you see the warning. I've flown up to cell towers with the warning and got up to about 20-30 feet away from it before it started acting up (video was cutting out pretty bad) and then I just backed away a bit. The reason it pops up is so that you pay more attention to it when there's interference in the area. Just in case.
2017-6-17
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

Michgolden Posted at 2017-6-17 05:04
The "Strong Interference Warning" message is not uncommon. It can be from many sources such as your home wifi as well as neighborhood houses wifi and cell towers etc. Typically it's not a big deal, unless it's a really strong source and you're fairly close to it, it's just telling you that they are there. As far as the Airplane Mode, you can turn that on and then turn back on your wifi and connect to the Phantom. It helps to keep your phone from getting calls and also from it downloading app updates and so on while you're flying. The screen freezing usually wouldn't be caused by the firmware but make sure your Go app is current. You could try flying with a different device once just to see if it makes any difference. The 7 should be more than enough to fly with. You could also sync your flight records and then reinstall the app to see if that helps. Also make sure your antenna is pointed straight up like normal, but that would only affect the control of the AC as the video goes through the 2 internal panels inside the front of the RC. Make sure those are clear of obstructions as well (finger tips etc.).

I have the same problem & know many who do. I have tried everything  & still get Strong Interference Warning -- I just live with it I have not had any problems flying at all.
2017-6-17
Use props
Padster8543
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162208 ft
United Kingdom

fans8adb551a Posted at 2017-6-17 08:33

I get these messages when I fly with the IOS app and my iPad but I don't get any interference errors when I use my Samsung Note 5 and Anroid app.
2017-6-17
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

I am using an Apple I pad - I did a search on this error & saw post that were a few years old you just can't get rid of it , maybe trying an Android would get rid of it but I have yet to read of a crash or fly away because of this.  Happy Flying   
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules