28650 109 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doobry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394800 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I took it out for a run today to a field in the middle of nowhere and I couldn't get any decent streaming to the phone.. Any ideas why? I wasn't near to any powerlines.. I just tired it at home and literally sat next to it and it really struggles with images. I guess the WiFi here is congested but I can watch netflix just fine on my ipad anywhere in the house..?

TIA!

2017-6-16
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

I had the same issue earlier today, then there was a DJI update which made it somewhat better
2017-6-16
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Make sure firmware is updated and try manually reviewing the wifi channels. Perhaps try a 2.4GHz channel...
2017-6-16
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i updated the firmware before it would even let me fly it.. Has there been another?
2017-6-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-16 14:11
i updated the firmware before it would even let me fly it.. Has there been another?

There was one released this morning???
2017-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-16 14:11

Not a firmware update, software djigo4 app.
2017-6-16
Use props
Sparkly
New
United States

I have been having the same issues and there has been a noticeable delay when flying it. I'm confident in my flying abilities, but the spark seems to have a huge lag with the remote control inputs and the live video. Is it normal for DJI drones to be so laggy? I figured from the reviews that they were responsive and snappy, which is why I decided to give the spark a shot.

Also want to note, my firmware is also up-to-date on both the controller and spark.
2017-6-16
Use props
Sparkly
New
United States

Sparkly Posted at 2017-6-16 15:02
I have been having the same issues and there has been a noticeable delay when flying it. I'm confident in my flying abilities, but the spark seems to have a huge lag with the remote control inputs and the live video. Is it normal for DJI drones to be so laggy? I figured from the reviews that they were responsive and snappy, which is why I decided to give the spark a shot.

Also want to note, my firmware is also up-to-date on both the controller and spark.

Correction: My firmware and App were both up to date.
2017-6-16
Use props
mike v illinois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 95689 ft
United States

mine also drags and blocks video. This is my first battery hoping it gets better my mavic is spot on
2017-6-16
Use props
Sparkly
New
United States

Switching the camera to manual mode made a HUGE difference for me. In manual mode there is little to no lag for me, let me know if this solution works for you!
2017-6-16
Use props
Sparkly
New
United States

Switching the camera to manual mode made a HUGE difference for me. In manual mode there is little to no lag for me, let me know if this solution works for you!
2017-6-16
Use props
helmair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104918 ft
Germany

I have the same experience. My firmware isup-to-date on both the Controller and Spark.

Is it possible to connect the Smartphone with an USB Cable to the Spark-Controller?
2017-6-16
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Hey DJI Support, I have also a big latency in Video Transmission. Not flyable...It doesn't matter if you use an Android, or an iPhone. Even the manual camera Setting and switching to 2.4 GHz doesn't solve the issues. Please provide asap an Firmware update...
2017-6-17
Use props
mike v illinois
lvl.4
United States

3 charged battery used and seems to be getting better still lags enough to make me concerned but its progress in right direction
2017-6-17
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137369 ft
United States

You're going to need to do some time consuming troubleshooting.   

First, have you checked the wifi survey section in the app to find out how congested it is where you're flying? Wifi interference may cause this.   If you've eliminated interference as a factor then move on to test if it's the phone.

The goal is to check if you have some kind of app or configuration that exists which may be causing it.  It's possible the multiple phones you tried with, have the same app or configuration which is causing the issue. So try one with a phone fresh install (manufacturer reset) you can backup, reset, test, and then and restore when done.  Or try a friend's phone.  Note, everytime you test, you should always check the wifi survey in the app and make sure it's not congested.

If you find a phone or configuration that doesn't have an issue then you should consider uninstalling apps to figure out which is the one causing the issue, It's possible there's something running in the background which is affecting the wifi performance on your phone.

If having tested on a fresh install on either ios and android phones and still face the same issue - then it sounds like it may be a hardware issue with the spark, you should contact DJI to arrange for a replacement.  

A lot of others and myself have no video or control latency issues with our spark; near or far.  I use an iphone6s plus.  
2017-6-17
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think I worked it out. I wear an Apple Watch and when I first flew it I also had an apple AirPod in to listen to the announcements. I think all that Bluetooth was the problem!
2017-6-17
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Droner777 Posted at 2017-6-17 04:11
Hey DJI Support, I have also a big latency in Video Transmission. Not flyable...It doesn't matter if you use an Android, or an iPhone. Even the manual camera Setting and switching to 2.4 GHz doesn't solve the issues. Please provide asap an Firmware update...

Hey Droner, since turning off bluetooth on the phone my problems have vanished!! I flew it quite a distance away from me today and I had signal the whole time give or take 2 or 3 really scary black screens!
2017-6-17
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks for your help, I will try that out. As well as the direct USB connection mentioned in this forum beween the RC and the iPhone.
2017-6-17
Use props
miroki
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4432 ft
United States

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-17 09:44
Hey Droner, since turning off bluetooth on the phone my problems have vanished!! I flew it quite a distance away from me today and I had signal the whole time give or take 2 or 3 really scary black screens!

I tried and it worked. Dunno if it's luck or actually effective. Will continue to try.
Thanks for the tip!
2017-6-17
Use props
fans2701875c
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issues too.  RC, AC and iPhone are 6" apart and the video feed is unstable.  It even blacks out.  Turning off bluetooth on my phone makes a noticeable difference.  Still enough lag that I can't fly it comfortable through the screen.

Direct connection between the phone and Spark works fine.

Direct connection via micro-USB to lightning cable is great.  Is there a bad batch of remote hardware out there that is having issues repeating the video signal?
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

"Is there a bad batch of remote hardware out there that is having issues repeating the video signal?"  No, a majority of us have encountered the same issue.
2017-6-17
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans2701875c Posted at 2017-6-17 13:23
I'm having the same issues too.  RC, AC and iPhone are 6" apart and the video feed is unstable.  It even blacks out.  Turning off bluetooth on my phone makes a noticeable difference.  Still enough lag that I can't fly it comfortable through the screen.

What cable do you use please? Does it work or is it just still using wifi?

Also, if you have an apple watch, make sure to put that into airplane mode. I had nothing broadcasting any kind of bluetooth or other wifi signal on me and it worked great.
2017-6-17
Use props
bikemerchant
lvl.1
United States

I used the Mavic Pro RC Lightning cable.  It's too short to keep the phone in the remote but was long enough to test.  (note- I changed username)
2017-6-17
Use props
bikemerchant
lvl.1
United States

aviscomi Posted at 2017-6-17 13:34
"Is there a bad batch of remote hardware out there that is having issues repeating the video signal?"  No, a majority of us have encountered the same issue.

Damn.  I did try my wife's WiFi iPad Mini 3 and it worked fine.  I'm curious if the LTE signal from the phone is causing some of the issues.
2017-6-17
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

bikemerchant Posted at 2017-6-17 14:51
Damn.  I did try my wife's WiFi iPad Mini 3 and it worked fine.  I'm curious if the LTE signal from the phone is causing some of the issues.

I was flying indoors yesterday with the RC & my iPad and the lag was terrible.  I attributed to the 3 separate WIFI routers that I have in my house.
2017-6-17
Use props
fansc363eefa
New
Guatemala

I also experienced the dreaded "weak image transmission" message when using the remote control during the first two flights. It video transmission was garbled and usable. I had to revert to the virtual joysticks on the iPhone.

Later, I discovered this thread and turned off Bluetooth on my Apple Watch and iPhone before the third flight.

Without the interference from the Bluetooth signals, video transmission was rock solid and the Spark was zipping around like a dream.
2017-6-17
Use props
mike v illinois
lvl.4
United States

all good just needed loosening up went away after 5 batterys used not lagging now crazy
2017-6-18
Use props
Reinaldonormand
New

United States

Same on mine. And I actually lost control of the drone when it was away for 30 meters. Almost crashed it in my first day.
2017-6-18
Use props
Sparkly
New
United States

It turns out this looks like a Wi-Fi error, try taking your phone or tablet out of the controller. The other option is to use the cable, learn more here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-100576-1-1.html
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Doobry Posted at 2017-6-17 08:50
I think I worked it out. I wear an Apple Watch and when I first flew it I also had an apple AirPod in to listen to the announcements. I think all that Bluetooth was the problem!

Thank you very much for your update, glad to hear you figured it out finally and enjoy flying recently.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sparkly Posted at 2017-6-16 16:22

Appreciate you feedback, we are pleased to know it's working fine after switching the camera to manual mode, happy flying!
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Reinaldonormand Posted at 2017-6-18 18:33
Same on mine. And I actually lost control of the drone when it was away for 30 meters. Almost crashed it in my first day.

Just to verify, you have installed the latest firmware for all devices, right?
Would you please try to fly it farther firstly then higher? Please do not fly the drone above your head.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans2701875c Posted at 2017-6-17 13:23

You have the latest firmware installed, right?
Would you please fly it in an open place and test its performance again? Please do not fly it above your head.
2017-6-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

GCBrent Posted at 2017-6-16 14:06
Make sure firmware is updated and try manually reviewing the wifi channels. Perhaps try a 2.4GHz channel...

The problem is it won’t switch to 2.4Ghz and always stay at 5Ghz...
2017-6-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

milksteak Posted at 2017-6-17 08:19
You're going to need to do some time consuming troubleshooting.   

First, have you checked the wifi survey section in the app to find out how congested it is where you're flying? Wifi interference may cause this.   If you've eliminated interference as a factor then move on to test if it's the phone.

I also experience such video feed lag... calling DJI cs provide no help at all.  Waiting to return mine combo now.
2017-6-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

bikemerchant Posted at 2017-6-17 14:43
I used the Mavic Pro RC Lightning cable.  It's too short to keep the phone in the remote but was long enough to test.  (note- I changed username)

I tried that short cable but does not work at all to connect to my iPhone 7 plus.
2017-6-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-18 23:46
I tried that short cable but does not work at all to connect to my iPhone 7 plus.

Just to verify, all are up to date, right?
Did you enable "Hardware Decoding" on your iPhone 7 Plus?
How about the flight environment? You tried to fly in different open areas but still the same case?
It happens when recording or during the normal flight?
Could you please upload a video showing the issue so we could do a further evaluation?
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-18 23:31
The problem is it won’t switch to 2.4Ghz and always stay at 5Ghz...

You could change the frequency manually via DJI GO APP, then please choose the best channel as well, the WiFi will be reconnected after rebooting.
2017-6-19
Use props
Doobry
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 22:38
Thank you very much for your update, glad to hear you figured it out finally and enjoy flying recently.

No problem, might be worth adding it to a sticky FAQ or something?
2017-6-19
Use props
bikemerchant
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-18 23:10
You have the latest firmware installed, right?
Would you please fly it in an open place and test its performance again? Please do not fly it above your head.

For some reason, the 4.1.2 version wasn't available on my app store for my phone. I've updated now and it's better, but not fixed.   Turning off Bluetooth on my iPhone 7 made a big improvement. I also had to put my Apple Watch into airplane mode to get it to work well. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time testing.
2017-6-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules