How to turn Spark On and Off
92026 31 2017-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd7Spark
New
United States

How do you turn the Spark On and Off.  I know you press the button on the battery, but I keep fumbling around, press and hold, double press, etc until I accidentally turn it on.  Then when it is time to turn it off I keep randomly pressing and holding until I accidentally turn it off.  So what is the secret code to simply turn it on so I can controll it with my smart phone then turn it off when I am done?
2017-6-16
Use props
Bluewedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5174 ft
United States

press button once, press and hold again for 2 seconds for on or off. Page 28 of the manual
2017-6-16
Use props
Todd7Spark
New
United States

Thank you.
2017-6-16
Use props
Adamshaqillah
New
Singapore

Bluewedge Posted at 2017-6-16 17:34
press button once, press and hold again for 2 seconds for on or off. Page 28 of the manual

Pls help me... my spark the second time charging only 1 green light indicater keep on blinking.. aftfer 2 hour still 1 green light only indicater.. how to solve this?
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adamshaqillah Posted at 2017-7-1 10:25
Pls help me... my spark the second time charging only 1 green light indicater keep on blinking.. aftfer 2 hour still 1 green light only indicater.. how to solve this?

Was the battery cool prior to charging it?
2017-7-1
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

OMG this is serious... if you people ask a question how to turn it on and off i have lost my hope
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Szwedu Posted at 2017-7-1 11:16
OMG this is serious... if you people ask a question how to turn it on and off i have lost my hope

Entry level drone...
2017-7-1
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

People need to read the directions!!!!  
2017-7-1
Use props
fans40bb6bd3
New
United Kingdom

But actually there is a problem with the drone it doesn't turn of if you press and hold for 2 seconds this doesn't mean people don't understand it mean there is a problem with the software of the drone
2017-8-12
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thats because u have to short press 1 second then long press 2 seconds....read the directions!
2017-8-12
Use props
fans40bb6bd3
New
United Kingdom

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2017-8-12 03:13
Thats because u have to short press 1 second then long press 2 seconds....read the directions!

Yes that is correct but it no one explains it that way even in the user manual doesn't explain that it is 2 clicks one short and one long
2017-8-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans40bb6bd3 Posted at 2017-8-12 10:49
Yes that is correct but it no one explains it that way even in the user manual doesn't explain that it is 2 clicks one short and one long

Uh....directly from user manual
Battery12.JPG
2017-8-12
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-8-12 11:04

makes me scared ,that when they finaly get it on ---THEY ARE GOING TO FLY....----
wait for another horror story of how DJI products are really bad !!
2017-8-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-8-12 11:33
makes me scared ,that when they finaly get it on ---THEY ARE GOING TO FLY....----

Exactly...
2017-8-12
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

i cant believe this
2017-8-12
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

now i see y so many problems,
2017-8-12
Use props
fans40bb6bd3
New
United Kingdom

i dont see a need for this sarcasm there is no such thing as a stupid questions and no one talked about DJI is bad, if it is bad why we would buy it? if you keep intimidating people with your sarcasm people will be scared to ask questions and the safety of operating a drone will be at risk
2017-8-13
Use props
fans40bb6bd3
New
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-8-12 11:04

Thank you for the reference
But I think it should say
1. 2 (clicks) same time because the time between the first one and the second one should be indicated as if it is too long you have to do it over again.
2. I think the power button should be clearly stated that is a multiple function button. Because it does 3 things
A. Battery indicator
B. Power on/off button
C. Takeoff button

And the fact that is a takeoff button a lot of us get worried after seeing the ad videos for it and then buying it and then turning it on ones worried about the takeoff feature

This is my opinion and I could be wrong
2017-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

To the guy above ok i can see how new people would worry... So to takeoff would only be possible after quad has initialized.  And to turn off u just have to do one short then one long hold back to back ....it wont take off IF IT DOES NOT SEE A FACE remember that.
2017-8-13
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans40bb6bd3 Posted at 2017-8-13 02:34
i dont see a need for this sarcasm there is no such thing as a stupid questions and no one talked about DJI is bad, if it is bad why we would buy it? if you keep intimidating people with your sarcasm people will be scared to ask questions and the safety of operating a drone will be at risk

Point taken!
2017-8-13
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love the way quite a few people on these forums believe that they know absolutely everything, that everyone else should know absolutely everything and that nobody should learn from the forums and that you have to read the manual inside out to learn.  Chill guys, just give answers when people ask if you feel like being helpful.

ps...lots of people do a great job on here, I learn a hell of a lot from them.
2017-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's a simple mistake to make it's more of a knack for doing it we've all made the same mistake.

It's designed so as not to switch on by accident when putting back in you bag etc, sometimes we have to get over the first hurdle to get in the race.
Good luck...
2017-8-13
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-13 05:12
I love the way quite a few people on these forums believe that they know absolutely everything, that everyone else should know absolutely everything and that nobody should learn from the forums and that you have to read the manual inside out to learn.  Chill guys, just give answers when people ask if you feel like being helpful.

ps...lots of people do a great job on here, I learn a hell of a lot from them.

Point taken , I too have learned loads on here too and perhaps a little harsh with comments ..and AM still learning too
2017-8-13
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

fans40bb6bd3 Posted at 2017-8-13 02:51
Thank you for the reference
But I think it should say
1. 2 (clicks) same time because the time between the first one and the second one should be indicated as if it is too long you have to do it over again.

I am new to the world of drones so when I ordered my spark I read everything I could find on the DJI site including the FAQs. I agree that this should be in the manual, but the FAQs does have this section:

6. What functions can the power button perform?
- Turning the battery on and off: Press the power button once, and then press again and hold it down for at least two seconds to turn the battery on or off.

- Checking the current battery level: Press the power button once to check the current battery level.

- Linking Spark and the remote controller: Hold down on Spark’s power button for three seconds, and release on hearing a beep. Spark’s front indicators will start to flash in red, signifying Spark and the remote controller have been linked.

- Delinking Spark and the remote controller: In order to use your mobile device to control Spark, you will need to delink the aircraft and remote controller. Power on Spark, and hold down on Spark’s power button for six seconds until you hear it beep twice. Now Spark and the remote controller have successfully been delinked and you can search for Spark’s Wi-Fi on your mobile device.

- Resetting Spark’s Wi-Fi username and password: Hold down on the power button for nine seconds, and release after hearing it beep three times. Your Wi-Fi settings will be reset to the factory default.

- PalmLaunch: Power on Spark and place it on your palm with the camera facing you. Make sure your fingers are lower than Spark’s arms. Press the power button twice when the flight indicators start to flash green. The indicators will change to a slowly flashing yellow, and FaceAware will begin to recognize your face. The front indicators will turn to green if detection is successful, and PalmLaunch will be activated. If not, the indicators will flash red.
2017-8-13
Use props
EJW100
New
Flight distance : 1437 ft
United States

A lot of wise guys on here that are better than simpletons like me I guess. ON and OFF is page one kind of information. It is buried on page 28. I read the whole thing and during updating and connecting and re-connecting and re-starting I forgot how to turn it off.  So now take a shot a me too if it makes you feel like a big guy. Always happy to make others feel better about themselves.
2017-8-30
Use props
EJW100
New
Flight distance : 1437 ft
United States

A lot of wise guys on here that are better than simpletons like me I guess. ON and OFF is page one kind of information. It is buried on page 28. I read the whole thing and during updating and connecting and re-connecting and re-starting I forgot how to turn it off.  So now take a shot a me too if it makes you feel like a big guy. Always happy to make others feel better about themselves.
2017-8-30
Use props
RedSpaRQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19488 ft
United States

I totally agree. If someone does not know how to turn on/off, they shouldn't be flying a drone! The manuals it came with are tough to read, but you can download a PDF from DJI,  As a new drone user, I read the user manual twice before I turned it on!  Read it once before I received it, and again while the batteries charged for the first time.
2017-8-30
Use props
RedSpaRQ
lvl.2
United States

I totally agree. If someone does not know how to turn on/off, they shouldn't be flying a drone! The manuals it came with are tough to read, but you can download a PDF from DJI,  As a new drone user, I read the user manual twice before I turned it on!  Read it once before I received it, and again while the batteries charged for the first time.
2017-8-30
Use props
RedSpaRQ
lvl.2
United States

Exactly!
2017-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Even I know this
Not even owning a drown (yet)

But then again. Never too old to learn or to teach
2017-8-30
Use props
weldjaison
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39308 ft
Brazil

My control does not want to turn right right sometimes 5 minutes trying to turn it on by pressing the on and off button when it turns on and another sacrifice to be able to turn my drone down because of it
2018-5-7
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

This is a sad but not surprising post.  People need to do a bit of research before unpacking your Drone/Spark.  There are tons of youtube videos and DJI has many tutorials as well.

Come on folks .. educate yourself ...
2018-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules